Sam's '93 YJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Sam's '93 YJ Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sam's '93 YJ Build

Hey Guys, finally decided to make a build thread. Now that I've actually got a few things to do, it will actually have content! It's going to be slow progress, but hey... Progress is progress right? Here's the first few stages:

(Realized I didn't really have a good before pic, so ignore the fact that my new bumper is installed in these, that's all that's been done)

I got rear ended a few weeks ago, and that spurred me into action. So, starting at that point, here is some close ups of the damage, most of it fixed later than these photos by the body shop. They paid me to fix the bits I didn't want them to touch.
Old Rear bumper, post accident:

Cracked Bumper Mounts

For now I just hammered them flat, I have some form fitted 1/4" steel plates that are going to be welded in to stiffen up the mount points.

I had to replace my driver side seat-belt. Ordered OEM replacement from Quadratec. They sent me this:

WTF. An expired $100 wine voucher with my seat-belt. Almost seems like a very veiled "don't drink and drive" campaign. Whatever.

New Bumper arrived from Robert at theDirtWorx.com:

Was going to have it powdercoated, but I'm lazy and kind of broke. Got this stuff instead for now:

After the first couple coats of paint... I have a '67 Dodge Dart GT taking up most of the space in my garage, so I had to do it where I could. It was raining outside. Have the Dart on CL trying to sell for super cheap just to get it gone, but hasn't sold yet.

Found a Jerry Can to go onto the mounts for the bumper. It needs a bit of help first. (Free stuff from the depths of my buddy's barn)

Here's after the back bumper and spare was installed. (Again, for continuity's sake)

samseifert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
samseifert
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Next on the list:

-Front bumper from theDirtWorx.com is shipping now.
-Ordered a 9k lb Quadratec winch... Figured it was worth a shot since they're dirt cheap. I've heard some pretty good things about them as well, so hey why not.
-Currently looking for an 8.8 to put in, but want to go SOA at the same time, so this is going to be awhile.
-Weather allowing (or Dart selling) I want to rip apart the interior and rubberize the inside of the tub. I've got no significan rust on the tub that I know of, and I'd like to keep it that way.
-Fenders. Still making up my mind on this. Want flat and/or tube fenders. Don't want to spent 500-600 on them. Thinking about building them myself. We shall see.

More to come!
samseifert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
jdboston2012

Information on September accident

Hey Sam,

Sounds like my ex who rear ended you in the September accident.

She wouldn't happen to be a red head, would she?
jdboston2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.