Rusty762's Project "Led Sled" - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rusty762's Project "Led Sled"

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #91
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1driver View Post
Duroflex joints...

Excellent choice!!

Wish I had your assets and foresight... I can't wait to see how this turns out
H1 I just got caught up on your thread, your rig is looking good! We should head out to hollister when our rigs are finished or better yet up to Swamp lake and Dusy Ershim this summer. I will be making weekend runs up there quite a bit this summer if you want to head up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Hey, looking up things on the UA since I'm in the process of installing it on my heep, but initially I'm having no luck getting the crossmember up, since its just like yours and not the same as in their directons. And ran out of daylight so I'll be back at it tonite, but will go about it differently.

Yesterday I installed the trans mount loosely first and then the frameside C's that the crossmember bolts to, but the trans mount is in the way of the crossmember when I try to slip it in.

Did you do this the opposite way? Crossmember first, then the trans mount? I think it should work this way. Just lookin for some pointers since I can't get ahold of Gman.
janesy I installed the crossmember first, slid it in from the rear, its a tight fit but will go kinda of like a jigsaw puzzle. The only thing I had to modify was the tranny mount, the holes were off so I notched them. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to help you out. I will be around all weekend working on the jeep and am happy to help you if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
37s! sweet man...more jeep pics please!
Angry pics will be coming soon, dropping my front axle out this weekend to install Evo sleeves, 5:13's, ARB, RCV axles and some other goodies. Things are moving fast now, hoping to have the 4 link and everything buttoned up by end of June!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #92
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
janesy I installed the crossmember first, slid it in from the rear, its a tight fit but will go kinda of like a jigsaw puzzle. The only thing I had to modify was the tranny mount, the holes were off so I notched them. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to help you out. I will be around all weekend working on the jeep and am happy to help you if I can.
Finally got it, like you, my trans mount holes were off so I had to slot them. Also had to clearance it a bit for the exhaust a bit more too, but its on! Now to finish the rest of the job tomorrow.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #93
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

H1 I just got caught up on your thread, your rig is looking good! We should head out to hollister when our rigs are finished or better yet up to Swamp lake and Dusy Ershim this summer. I will be making weekend runs up there quite a bit this summer if you want to head up.

Any time man- if you need a hand turning wrenches, or just holding something still while you attach...just let me know. I'd be glad to help out

So, Suck-It Trebek!!! MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

My "Build" - Collect and Assemble
h1driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #94
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762

Truth be told, the one thing I miss about film was ease of management and being limited to 36 exposures. My current digital library exceeds 15,000 images and any reason to not have to add to it seems like a good one. I was recently digging through some negatives from panamint valley and surprise canyon, all of my good wheeling pics are on film and I need to get them scanned some day. You have a good scanner?
Truer words have never been spoken! Only thing I hated was developing the film (old school way not drop it off at CVS)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #95
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Finally got it, like you, my trans mount holes were off so I had to slot them. Also had to clearance it a bit for the exhaust a bit more too, but its on! Now to finish the rest of the job tomorrow.
Janesy good to hear, let me know if I can help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
Truer words have never been spoken! Only thing I hated was developing the film (old school way not drop it off at CVS)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thats the truth brother, convenience is a curse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1driver View Post

Any time man- if you need a Han turning wrenches, or just holding something still while you attach...just let me know. I'd be glad to help out
Sounds good man we are local and need to hook up, PM sent!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #96
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Last weekend I worked on the junk yard wheels I picked up. Used a Stainless wire wheel on them and then sanded them down, just need to paint them satin black now. The one in the foreground is done the one behind is in need of TLC...

Some more small parts showed up yesterday, ordered a Diff cover from Barnett Performance, some ORO lite dots for my Genright stretch corners and a Blue Monkey Speedo healer.

Also some of these showed up from Ano, just need to do a couple of operations on them and they will be good to go!!

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #97
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like lotsa fun in your future

Unread 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #98
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post

A little background on myself, I grew up in the Sierras and graduated college with a degree in forestry and recreation. I was a wildland firefighter for the US Forest Service for 12 years and spent another 7 years as a backcountry LE officer, my job was to manage the OHV trails on the Sierra National Forest. My patrol rig was a 1993 Jeep Wrangler, it started off stock and slowly I was able to add air lockers, atlas case, 33's, 4" lift, etc.. My job (in addition to trail maintenance and LE) was to drive the network of OHV trails on our forest which includes Swamp lake, Red lake, Coyote lake, mirror lake and the famous Dusy-Ershim trail to name a few. Every week for 7 years I drove one of the many trails on our two forest (Sierra and Kings River districts), it was a cool job..
I skimmed through your thread and was impressed. But this impressed me the most. I was a Ranger for the State of Colorado and a county in this great state for a while as well. I spent many may days patrolling the remote areas of state parks and county lands. I wish more folks that are quick to judge our sport/activity knew that many of us care about the land in which we recreate.

Some of us are in-fact college educated, professionally trained, resource managers.

Nice build by the way!
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #99
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Subscribing.

I can't wait to see this build!! Good job.
Unread 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #100
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jeepin72, I agree with you when the average individual hears the words four wheeling they think of mud spitting, dirt roosting red necks with a beer in one hand and a gun in the other (that sounds a lot like me) when in fact there are some of us who know how to tread lightly and leave a place cleaner than we found it. I am in a constant state of trash pickup, **** I think I missed my calling and maybe should have been a garbageman. It is pretty sad when you go somewhere like Moab and get to a scenic overlook and the entire area is littered with glass or you pull up to Loon lake on the Rubicon and there is **** paper everywhere...

I have been following your thread, rig is looking sweet. If you are ever headed out this way let me know would be happy to show you some trails around here. Thanks for your service, and look forward to seeing some pics of your rig in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Subscribing.

I can't wait to see this build!! Good job.
Thanks, it is finally about start moving forward!

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #101
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How is that Rock Jock coming? I gave those serious consideration.
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #102
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am waiting for the call to come pick the RJ up, supposed to be finished next week! In the meantime I have finished installing the ARB compressor, Speedo healer, and finished painting the wheels to get them mounted once the tires come in. I have to work weekends in May, first weekend in June I am gutting her and will get to work on the 4 link, stretch, and finish up the front axle with gears, sleeves, and 4" coils...

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #103
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #104
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build! Those wheels would have looked awesome polished.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #105
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatchy View Post
Nice build! Those wheels would have looked awesome polished.
They would have looked great polished, I painted them and they turned out great for a free set of wheels. I am partial to flat and satin black, keeping polished wheels looking good is another matter and my last set of polished wheels will be my last. When my wheels start looking crappy I like being able to break out a rattle can and freshening them up.

When I end up buying a set of BFG Krawlers and wheels for trail use only, I might end up with a set of these.

http://www.intercotire.com/BIRDDOG.php

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.