Rusty762's Project "Led Sled" - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rusty762's Project "Led Sled"

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #46
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

wow, Prorock 60, I'm so jealous!

You didn't order it with any axles ?? May I ask, what axles shafts are you planning to use ??

We think a like when it comes to the rear cargo section !

Unread 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #47
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
wow, Prorock 60, I'm so jealous!

You didn't order it with any axles ?? May I ask, what axles shafts are you planning to use ??

We think a like when it comes to the rear cargo section !
I ordered it with the following, just did not post all the details. Here you go

65" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.
ARB.
5.13 Gear Ratio
JK Disc Brakes
5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern.
1-1/2" diameter 35 spline axles.
Semi Float.
Super thick axle tubes.
Super thick Diff cover.
1350 Yoke.
No control arm brackets.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #48
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So did you order a rockjock or a prorock

Cuz the picture you posted is a rockjock

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rock Jock 60, someone else listed Pro Rock. I contacted Dynatrac but it seemed very difficult for them to put a quote together for me so made my decision easier.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #50
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Rock Jock 60, someone else listed Pro Rock.
Sorry , my mistake ..
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #51
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have some updates, Installed my Genright crawler tank last weekend.

Install was pretty straightforward, After carefully unplugging the stock fuel lines and Evap lines you can lower the stock fuel tank.

Next you need to remove the stock fuel pump, there is a steel lock ring that can be removed with a hammer and punch, then the fuel pump can be removed, be very careful with the float when removing the fuel pump you will need to angle the pump quite a bit to get it out of the tank without bending the rod.

Once the stock fuel pump is removed, you will be reusing the Oring from the stock GT in the new Genright. I used some white lithium grease after cleaning the oring to reinstall it in the new tank.

There is a small tab on the fuel pump that has to be removed, I used my dremel and zipped it off. The Genright tank uses a threaded aluminum ring instead of the steel lockring that the stock tank had, I had to sand the perimeter on the top of the fuel pump so the threaded ring would not bind and twist the fuel pump. There is an arrow on the fuel pump that needs to line up with the sharpie mark on the Genright tank.

The Genright tank has a simplified Evap setup, all of your stock tank connections attach no problem, the quality of the tank is outstanding. Here is a picture of the tank with stock lines reattached and ready to slide it into place and mark holes on the frame where the new tank will mount. The Genright EXT tank gives you 4-5" of additional room, I am hoping to be able to move my Rock Jock 4 inches back.

Once I had the tank in place, I marked the frame where two holes will need to be drilled. One for each of the forward ears on the skid plate, the Genright tank does not use the stock forward gas tanks mounting position since it is located farther back. I found it easier to remove the upper rear shock as the holes were very close to the shock body, once you drill the frame there are supplied spacers that go inside the frame to keep the frame from crushing once everything is tightened down.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, I did not take as many pictures as I should have and when I do my 4 link/stretch in the next couple months I am going to take as many pictures as possible. Gained an inch in ground clearance and 4 inches for the stretch. I did get some codes after the install, P0455, P0456 and P0457. I was able to clear two of the codes, small Evap leak and loose gas cap but still have P0455 which is Gross Evap leak. After I installed the Genright tank I used a buddies 5 gallon gas tank and the nozzle had a funky tip and when I removed it from the Fuel neck filler it was stuck behind the little trap door that seals after you fill up at the gas station. I bent the hell out of it and now it does not seal, not sure if this is why I am getting a code as all of the stock Evap lines are hooked up properly.

Here are some pics of the new tank installed.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #52
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I hate to hear about evaporative leaks, but they're not usually hard to trace and fix. Good looking tank skid, too.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #53
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, starting to count the days until the 4 link install starts. Hoping to pull it off in a couple of long weekends

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #54
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I decided to install my sPOD, figure out where I am going to mount my ARB compressor for the front/rear ARB's, raise my drivers seat up an inch with the spacers that Garza so kindly donated and mount a pair of HID's lights I have had sitting in the garage.

I pulled the trigger on an sPOD last week, it's a pricey bit of kit but I like the clean look and ease of installation for future accessories and where the switches are located.

Installing the sPOD was very simple and requires no tools other than a screwdriver, some wrenches and a 1" hole saw, you will need to drill a hole in the passenger side firewall to route the harness cable through. The stock plastic windshield header is replace with the metal one from sPOD.

The sPOD bracket is aluminum and mounts on the firewall using existing ground holes, I will be using my sPOD for ARB compressor, Front and Rear lockers, Auxillary HID lights, ARB fridge and Rock lights.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #55
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Awesome order. When you remove the stock tank, could you take a picture underneath the tub looking back toward the rear of the tub. I will be doing something similar and have been trying to research an idea but can't find any pictures.
Mike did you still want to see these pics, I took some for you and can post them if you want?

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #56
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah. That would be great. Mostly I was just looking for a picture of where the back sheet metal and bottom of the tub comes together from underneath. Thanks again.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #57
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You will love your sPOD. I love mine !
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #58
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Yeah. That would be great. Mostly I was just looking for a picture of where the back sheet metal and bottom of the tub comes together from underneath. Thanks again.
Mike here you go, if there is a different angle you are looking for let me know I took several pictures from different angles.

Rear passenger side

Rear drivers side

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #59
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those are some extremely useful pictures of the gas tank area; thank you. Now I can see exactly which pieces of metal are going bye-bye when it comes time to build my tank.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #60
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Mike here you go, if there is a different angle you are looking for let me know I took several pictures from different angles.
Thanks very much. And that is a very clean underneath.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.