Rusty762's Project "Led Sled" - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rusty762's Project "Led Sled"

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #436
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you already have the Currie steering here is what I would do. This way will cost you about 400-500 less than buying the whole kit from Blaine.

Buy the kit from polyperformance and switch out the cylinder for a 1.5", 6" bore cylinder (just called them up and they switched it out with no problem and made the kit cheaper)
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l#.UoFvAvmshcY

also need the cooler which is also cheaper from PP
DER-13212 1 Derale 4-Pass Power Steering Cooler 5" Long 11/32 Inlet

BMB Parts:
Axle side mount:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...-MOUNT-KIT.htm
Drag link mount:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...nt-Bracket.htm
Then you also need the mis-alignment spacers for the cylinder that are not on that kit.

You can also just drop the cylinder from the PP kit and not have to worry about modifying the cylinder like I had to and order it from BMB:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...E-STEERING.htm

Also, before you install check to make sure all of your fittings fit together. PSC sent me a reservoir that was improperly tapped and the fitting wouldn't screw in it.

You can read about the install on my build thread starting on post #80

g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #437
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

great info there G...Ill be bookmarking that
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #438
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
If you already have the Currie steering here is what I would do. This way will cost you about 400-500 less than buying the whole kit from Blaine.

Buy the kit from polyperformance and switch out the cylinder for a 1.5", 6" bore cylinder (just called them up and they switched it out with no problem and made the kit cheaper)
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l#.UoFvAvmshcY

also need the cooler which is also cheaper from PP
DER-13212 1 Derale 4-Pass Power Steering Cooler 5" Long 11/32 Inlet

BMB Parts:
Axle side mount:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...-MOUNT-KIT.htm
Drag link mount:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...nt-Bracket.htm
Then you also need the mis-alignment spacers for the cylinder that are not on that kit.

You can also just drop the cylinder from the PP kit and not have to worry about modifying the cylinder like I had to and order it from BMB:
http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/TJ-...E-STEERING.htm

Also, before you install check to make sure all of your fittings fit together. PSC sent me a reservoir that was improperly tapped and the fitting wouldn't screw in it.

You can read about the install on my build thread starting on post #80
Thanks G, I just read through your build and the steering install. Sweet rig you have there, love the cage. Appreciate you efforts, I have some other stuff I need from Poly so that will work out great. Thanks again

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #439
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Thanks G, I just read through your build and the steering install. Sweet rig you have there, love the cage. Appreciate you efforts, I have some other stuff I need from Poly so that will work out great. Thanks again
No problem. Good luck and you will love it.
g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #440
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I have four GoPro hero 3's for sale, $200 each and they all come with a spare battery.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #441
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So how's the cage build coming along??

So, Suck-It Trebek!!! MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

My "Build" - Collect and Assemble
h1driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #442
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Making progress, decided to scrap the Poly Baja Basket (its for sale if you know anyone interested). Toby drew up some baskets in Solid works, post some pics of those soon. Here are a couple of pics of the cab cage and bed cage, the cage passes through the cab just need to figure out a way to seal that area. GR8TOPS makes some rubber grommets but they are for the stock cage which is 2.25.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #443
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

cage looks great man. I am suprised however with the style cage you decided on since it now takes away from the truck look.

How does that baja bin mount? I may be interested.

Also the gopro's, which models are they?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #444
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lu it came down to storage, as much as I liked the clean look of the half cab and nothing in the bed I had a huge amount of wasted space. My buddy is building a basket that will cover the entire bed and tied into the cage, the upper hoop will also have a basket. Its going to look a bit strange fully loaded but I will have plenty of room for all the spare crap I seem to haul around...

For now my spare fits in the bed perfectly so thats where its living. Here is a link to the Poly Performance basket I'm selling, its made to mount in the back of any TJ. I do not have the mounts but they can be purchased from Poly.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-18614.html

I have one GoPro left, they are Hero 3 Black editions. You can have it for $175 if you want.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #445
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
cage looks great man. I am suprised however with the style cage you decided on since it now takes away from the truck look.
This. But I understand. Cage looks good. Got a profile shot?
Unread 07-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #446
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will take some profile shots tonight, I was torn on the upper basket. If I would have ditched it I could have had the D pillars come at a 45 degree angle where they exited the cab, would have looked really clean and kept the pickup look. As much as I wanted to do that, storage took priority. The upper basket will almost always have nothing but wood in it. When I am in the backcountry I like a fire, and I am not talking your average fire....

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #447
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lookin good man- I'm jealous... My 'build' has stalled out with the move, cash shortages, other priorities, and such. I'm looking forward to your finished product

Quote:
...and I am not talking your average fire....
Say it ain't so...

Unread 07-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #448
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

LMAO, and that's a small fire by my standards but we had limited resources that trip

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #449
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple of profile shots, Ballistic is building the baskets should have them next week. Going to weld them to the cage, figure out some mounts for my spare rear driveshaft and other necessities...then pull it and have it powder coated. Toby at XXX Traction cut the base plates off the Genright Pillars and welded a stout piece of metal to the floorboard with some nutserts. I am also really digging the A pillar spreader, it allows easy access to the sPOD and will provide a place to mount my CB and my shotgun

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 07-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #450
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Looking good- staying jealous...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.