Rusty762's Project "Led Sled" - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rusty762's Project "Led Sled"

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Parts continue to pile in the garage, Need to order coil overs, Gen Right tank and my rear axle!
So you keeping the Half cab? What is the flex issue your having?

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #32
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am keeping it, no flex issues as I have not really wheeled it much yet. This summer when I go back home to the Sierras will see if there are any issues, some members have mentioned that when they installed a half cab after some twisting they were unable to close their doors. I am going to install a good cage in the cab and also tie the rear rack/cage into the front cage in hopes of adding some rigidity. The half cab is so quiet compared to the hard top and I do not see ever taking it off when wheeling unless the trail has some really tight spots where it could get damaged.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762
I am keeping it, no flex issues as I have not really wheeled it much yet. This summer when I go back home to the Sierras will see if there are any issues, some members have mentioned that when they installed a half cab after some twisting they were unable to close their doors. I am going to install a good cage in the cab and also tie the rear rack/cage into the front cage in hopes of adding some rigidity. The half cab is so quiet compared to the hard top and I do not see ever taking it off when wheeling unless the trail has some really tight spots where it could get damaged.
Ok gotcha, I really love the look myself. Can't wait to see some add on's the build!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #34
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have some parts inbound from Poly, waiting to get a quote back from Gerald on a RJ 60, going to be ordering it next week! Found some cool pictures of FJ 70's on Portal Expedition, I have a soft spot for TLC's.
dx3kkv3.jpg   mat_0611.jpg  

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #35
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed !

I'm also looking into getting half cab since I rolled over my LJ.

Regarding the doors not closing, is it because the air pressure that builds up inside ??
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #36
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Subscribed !

Regarding the doors not closing, is it because the air pressure that builds up inside ??
Or is it the other way around ??
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #37
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Subscribed !

The issue with the doors not closing is because of the body flexing, when you cut the factory roll bar you allow the body to twist much more than it normally would. My plan to address this is to install a real cage in the cab that ties into the frame and also a separate cage for the rear that will tie into the front cage.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Spent some hard earned money this week! After much deliberation whether I wanted to build a Spidertrax 9 for the rear or buy a complete axle, Yesterday I placed an order for a Rock Jock 60, 65" WMS, ARB, 5:13, bare tubes and JK disc brakes. Also ordered a pair of King 2.0 with reservoirs, rear Anti Rock and blank corners!
king_undersidecj_rear_xl.jpg  

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #39
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762
Spent some hard earned money this week! After much deliberation whether I wanted to build a Spidertrax 9 for the rear or buy a complete axle, Yesterday I placed an order for a Rock Jock 60, 65" WMS, ARB, 5:13, bare tubes and JK disc brakes. Also ordered a pair of King 2.0 with reservoirs, rear Anti Rock and blank corners!
Now that is a bada** order!

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #40
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Quote:
The issue with the doors not closing is because of the body flexing, when you cut the factory roll bar you allow the body to twist much more than it normally would. My plan to address this is to install a real cage in the cab that ties into the frame and also a separate cage for the rear that will tie into the front cage.
There might be other solutions for the cab flex issue, too...

Quote:
Oh, man...that's a sexy list of parts...

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Now that is a bada** order!
Now I just have to wait 6 weeks to pick it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
There might be other solutions for the cab flex issue, too...

Yes, I have been exploring many options and would love to hear any that you have. I have a pretty specific cage planned for the rear, going to have a canvas top made for it, roof rack with side racks to hold several rotopax fuel/water cans and have thought about tying it into the windshield and into the front cage with holes cut into the top. Might also try to mount a spare vertically behind the drivers seat if I can fit a 37" all terrain there...

Oh, man...that's a sexy list of parts...
Getting excited, its almost time to put her under the knife. This showed up yesterday also so installing it tomorrow. On a side note, just saw the final pics of your top and it is impressive. If you lived closer I would bring some beers over and shoot the **** !
gst2002_xl3.jpg  

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #42
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome order. When you remove the stock tank, could you take a picture underneath the tub looking back toward the rear of the tub. I will be doing something similar and have been trying to research an idea but can't find any pictures.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #43
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Awesome order. When you remove the stock tank, could you take a picture underneath the tub looking back toward the rear of the tub. I will be doing something similar and have been trying to research an idea but can't find any pictures.
I have an install write up in my build thread if you want to check it out. I just did it a couple weeks ago

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #44
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Mike I will take some pics tomorrow, going to try and document the next couple of installs better than I have been with more pictures, especially the stretch and 4 link install.

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Unread 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
On a side note, just saw the final pics of your top and it is impressive. If you lived closer I would bring some beers over and shoot the **** !
I appreciate it, and I will hold you to that offer.

Quote:
Mike I will take some pics tomorrow, going to try and document the next couple of installs better than I have been with more pictures, especially the stretch and 4 link install.
Yes, pictures of the four link are good. Yes...very yes. Pictures. Yes.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.