rulppa's 1992 YJ build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > rulppa's 1992 YJ build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #61
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you are back to work on your Jeep

S_Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #62
ChevyBlazerBoy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

How tall does this jeep sit at the highest point? I want to do the same type of lift and tires on my YJ but I want to make sure it fits in my garage. I only have 9 wide x7 high doors.
ChevyBlazerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #63
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have been LAZY again, 3 months and havent done anything, now getting some motivation back again (?) .. well, atleast i'm here browsing forum again

Give me some opinios ..

With stinger or with pre-runner guard? It's on TJ, but I think it's direct fit with YJ? And, what back bumper would be good pair with this one? Give me some opinions because i really cant decide ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerBoy View Post
How tall does this jeep sit at the highest point? I want to do the same type of lift and tires on my YJ but I want to make sure it fits in my garage. I only have 9 wide x7 high doors.
We have same problem.. I'll try to measure my garage door height, I cant drive in with hardtop on.. even my sport bar is scratched by door hole.
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #64
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Most of the jeeps around here in northwest florida have the stinger, but I have the toyota tacoma 4door with the prerunner guard and I like them both personally. Maybe these guys who are more experienced with offroad as of yet may have more practical and useful difference between the two.
Looks awesome so far.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #65
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

New extended brake lines with new copper tubing.

New fenders, Smittybilt winch.. New front bumper needed. but still can't decided which one .. or something totally different?!
Any YJ's here with Rugged Ridge modular XHD front? PICS PLEASE!

Primed CJ7 tailgate .. can I use old YJ tailgate seals or do I need new ones?

Quote:
How tall does this jeep sit at the highest point?
I'll try to member this and measure today! I was supposed to take measures this morning, but forgot
Unread 03-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #66
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Garage door height is 200 CM (78.74 inch) and I'm able to get YJ in and out with sport/sound bar touching to door frame. I can't use hardtop or factory style soft top. Otherhand, who needs tops anyway. It's only -10 C at the moment and there is less than 1meter of snow, almost summer here in Finland
Unread 03-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #67
Stryker777

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice rig! You have done a great job. I personally like the prerunner guard also. My reasons are different than some though. Around here there are too many deer and many cars are destroyed by them. The prerunner looks like better protection than the stinger. Otherwise, I like the stinger because it looks more simple. Keep up the great work!

In GOD we trust. It's a Jesus thing.
Stryker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 04:43 AM   #68
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker777 View Post
Nice rig! You have done a great job. I personally like the prerunner guard also. My reasons are different than some though. Around here there are too many deer and many cars are destroyed by them. The prerunner looks like better protection than the stinger. Otherwise, I like the stinger because it looks more simple. Keep up the great work!
Thanks!

Rugged Ridge XHD bumper with stinger ordered just few minutes ago! Paired it with Smittybilt classic rear bumper, let's see how it goes. CJ7 tailgate seal+latch ...and some other things coming also, can't wait!! (it will take ~1month, hopefully not more) ..
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #69
Jeeperez
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Great looking Jeep

Keep up the good work!

[QUOTE=daverubino;10133980]Sell your YJ???? Why would anyone do that. You dont sell YJ's you just keep them until they become parts heeps for your next one.[/QUOTE]
Jeeperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #70
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Opened one heavy wooden box which has been waiting for my attention long time by now ..

HELP NEEDED! ..to find URL's and advice how to get these axles under YJ. I think I need some sort of u-bolt axlekit for f8.8 (but where, no clue) .. and handbrake seems to have only emphty holes (both ends) .. Both axles have been on YJ, so most of the work has been done by PO already. Anyway, I dont want to get started before I know I have everything I need for this swap.

Is there anyway to identify 8.8 and tell where it has been originally? This would be nice. PO didn't know.
Unread 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #71
fatwreck

I bought my axle setup kit from Ruff Stuff. I didn't read the whole thread...are you SOA or SUA?

For SUA, go this route:
Deaver Long Travel Spring Under WIY Kit [89UNDERK] - $180.00

He has the SOA kits also though.
fatwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #72
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwreck View Post
I bought my axle setup kit from Ruff Stuff. I didn't read the whole thread...are you SOA or SUA?

For SUA, go this route:
Deaver Long Travel Spring Under WIY Kit [89UNDERK] - $180.00
Exactly same kit which I had been looking before, anyway because it's not cheap to ship here and I do need more stuff with 8.8, found more complete alternative, will save me few hundreds (EU shipping cost is crazy!!)

kNOw Where 2Jeep Complete Ford 8.8 Install Kit For Wrangler YJ

With +30USD extra with SUA U-bolt flip.

Now I need to find complete 8.8 brake kit (original, not YJ related) dunno where i can find this, especially all e-brake parts (everything is ripped off) so would appreciate all help, again!
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #73
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...parts-1007169/

HEEEELP !!
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #74
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa View Post
I really need help with that one, anyone who knows.. please, please help.

Question is now.. does this kit fit or not (i want new brakes, missing all e-brake related and rest of the stuff, doesnt impress much)

Streetrod Stuff - Brake System - Ford 9" Rear Disc Brake kit

..to fit Ford 8.8 in. truck/9 in. late Ford axles, big 3.15 in. bearings, and attaching hardware.

I have no idea what is late 8.8.. i dont know anything about any bearings, total newbie with axle related stuff
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #75
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Deleted

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.