rulppa's 1992 YJ build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > rulppa's 1992 YJ build

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #46
Piet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa View Post
They are not selling Escalades here, do you have paint color number for this one so I could buy little mix and see how it looks?
98U - White Diamond.
or
White Diamond Pri Metallic Tri-coat 98/WA800J

FYI, for paint codes:
http://Paintscratch.com

or

http://Autocolorlibrary.com

- Peter ----------- Canadian Jeep Club Member #1969
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon "Ubercon" - 3.8L V6, 6 Spd Manual, RockTrac with Dana 44's on 32's. Mostly stock for now...
SOLD - 1988 Jeep Wrangler "Golden Eagle" - 350 TBI, NV4500, Dana 300, Detroit Locked Dana 44, Spooled 9", SOA, 37" MTR's
SOLD - 1994 Jeep Wrangler "Oliver" - 4 Cylinder Stocker on 31" Kuhmo MTs
Piet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #47
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

any updates rulppa?????
S_Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #48
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dubbs View Post
any updates rulppa?????
Still alive but I have been lazy, havent done much lately and at the moment im waiting for new body mounts, original one falls apart. Hopefully i can show some progress in few weeks if I get motivated again.

Good news is, finally got transportation for my new axles
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2009, 02:13 AM   #49
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Still alive but I have been lazy, havent done much lately and at the moment im waiting for new body mounts, original one falls apart. Hopefully i can show some progress in few weeks if I get motivated again.

Good news is, finally got transportation for my new axles
Body mounts came this summer, somewhere between July-August but at that point I had been waiting for these damn mounts over 2 months and pretty much lost my interest with YJ. It was jacked up with hi-lift and waiting ... Anyway, now months later opened garage door again and started to do something after reading jeepforum.com for few days ..got MOTIVATED again! I'm back *****es!!

Some progress during weekend. Wanted to get rid of original gasoline filler, maybe TJ style but after few beers I decided to be different.. installing hoses for this system was little tricky, but its done now. Also added Hi-lift rack.

While fabbing new fuel hoses, got rid of old fuel skid and replaced with Warn, inside W is reflector to make rear end 'street-legal'

Installed dual-battery tray, shock absorbers, steering damperer, body mounts and some other things, more pics later..

...one more thing! hood, front fenders, cj7 tailgate, halfdoors etc are soon to getting new coat, color is still black but not basic ford black anymore.. mclaren mercedes pearl black with added glass (omg that sounds little corny for YJ sorry)

Last edited by rulppa; 11-30-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Unread 11-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #50
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I like the progress you've made with it...very nice man...i bet it is a pain ordering all your parts from from another country and dealing with customs and import tax and ****...i give you props for dealing with all that hassle
CLIMBaMTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #51
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIMBaMTN View Post
I like the progress you've made with it...very nice man...i bet it is a pain ordering all your parts from from another country and dealing with customs and import tax and ****...i give you props for dealing with all that hassle
Thanks

Got one more order to hassle because of jeepforum's What are you getting your YJ for Christmas??? topic, realized that I have not purchased anything!
Quadratecced and ordered something what I have been dreaming since day 1 .. WINCH! OBA! CHRISTMAS!

- Smittybilt XCR 10 HD w/ OBA
- Synthetic winch rope 3/8 x 100ft
- Winch mounting plate + fairlead for synthetic rope

... one picture again, new steering fab, new shocks, little bit of dual battery tray (needs new wiring), some rust work done on frame ...

Last edited by rulppa; 12-01-2009 at 02:23 AM..
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #52
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good!

I'm very suprised that you haven't given up yet with all the hassle you go through with shipping. I think it's slow sometinmes and I live in the states!

Best of luck with your new Smitybilt winch/OBA. Can't wait to see you put it on!

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #53
gsmith795
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's good to see this thread back from the dead! Keep us posted and keep the pics coming!
gsmith795 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #54
gunnorthered
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know what you ordering pain is like. I have a friend in Germany that spent some time over here in the states and fell in love with the Dodge Rams if the '90s and bought himself a '98 and had it shipped over. When ever he needs anything he'll either order it and have it shipped to me and then I send it to him, or I'll order and ship for him. Gotta love Paypal for stuff like that.
gunnorthered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2009, 05:21 AM   #55
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith795 View Post
It's good to see this thread back from the dead! Keep us posted and keep the pics coming!
Your wish is my command!

Visited local battery shop yesterday and found second Exide Maxxima 900 DC bluetop for my dual-system. Finally fabbed new cables, everything related to batteries, starter and mainfusebox are new, not just short links between batteries.

2 terminals emphty for winch, IF quadratec can deliver XCR10HD for me.. did some googling and wasnt able to find anyone who have this installed, forums keep saying Smittybilt cant build these yet. WTF honestly, it has been on
every 4x4 shop online for a year soon?

Send e-mail directly to Smittybilt to get answers, lets see.. it's just that I dont want to wait months for nothing anymore, then swap to other winch and wait atleast one month again ..

Unread 12-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #56
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa
Send e-mail directly to Smittybilt to get answers, lets see.. it's just that I dont want to wait months for nothing anymore, then swap to other winch and wait atleast one month again ..
Got reply from Smittybilt and had to cancel my order ...

The XRC10 HD is still in R&D, they are currently working on the compressor. ETA is still 90-120 days out.

Ray Anamos
Technical Assistance
Smittybilt Automotive Products
Unread 12-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #57
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got reply from Smittybilt and had to cancel my order ...

The XRC10 HD is still in R&D, they are currently working on the compressor. ETA is still 90-120 days out.

Ray Anamos
Technical Assistance
Smittybilt Automotive Products
Still?!

That's rediculous!

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #58
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
Still?!

That's rediculous!

Jake
Yes, still.. what i heard, they have been saying this for 10months now... weird way of doing business.. well, i'll sleep few nights and wonder if i should buy OBA later and just pick some other winch.

Warn powerplant is too expensive, that would be around 2800USD (with local taxes,shipping and synthetic rope) .. so, thats not option. Any ideas?

I wish i could visit your country with 20" container, that would make things easyer and cheaper :-)
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:24 AM   #59
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

My old radiator was kinda shot and leaking, found new one from german ebay with good price, probably here this week. Managed to talk forum member 1_SIK_JP to sell and carry Taurus electic fan to UPS office, havent heard anything after paypal transfer but i'm sure he will send it soon. Old visco fan removed. Fingers crossed.

Hand throttle installed, I love those floorliners, perfect fit!

Moved seat belt clips to better location on back floor.. took quick look and there was nothing above so i could drill safely.. Well.. Drilled right thru that shock/reservoir lube, there was oil everywhere.. Someone want to trade my luck to better one...

Looks better from this angle.. hopefully quadratec can help me to find new rear shock replacement.. that was almost 1000USD kit, argh!

I'm thinking of ordering Smittybilt XCR10HD comp series (synthetic rope version) .. is it any good?
Unread 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #60
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

No one said anything so I guess Smittybilt XCR10HD comp series is ok then, made order and found new replacement shock also ...
New radiator arrived today, seems to be direct fit. Hoping to receive Taurus fan later this week.. not much I can do at the moment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.