rulppa's 1992 YJ build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > rulppa's 1992 YJ build

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 04-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #31
flys_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

black is an awsome color...when it is clean and in the shade..i had a black truck once..the paint was always so hot to the touch..white-pearl white will look cool.

flys_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #32
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

nice build, bro!
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #33
Alvy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rulppa, how is your D30 and 8.8 set up that are coming? Are they SOA or SUA? It sounds like with the high steer and gearing that they are set up SOA. I like your build, keep pictures coming! I personally would go with black over white. You need a black ride over there to contrast all the white snow that you get!!!
1993 YJ, AX15, 4.0L, 8.8 LSD w/3.73's, Lock-rite locker in front, S.O.A. JB4x4 high steer bracket, BrandonYJ 1" Booms, Rugged Ridge SS S.Y.E. XJ drive shaft, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's, Chevy Cavy seats, woods camo paint, 200,000 miles and still goin strong!
1993 Cherokee Country AW4,4.0L, 3.55's, 4" blocks in back, 4" TJ springs front, 31x10.50 BFG A/T, Ford Red paint, recently finished with 4wd conversion
Alvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #34
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvy View Post
Rulppa, how is your D30 and 8.8 set up that are coming? Are they SOA or SUA? It sounds like with the high steer and gearing that they are set up SOA. I like your build, keep pictures coming! I personally would go with black over white. You need a black ride over there to contrast all the white snow that you get!!!
SUA, maybe will do SOA someday but not yet. I have spend too much money to achieve this lift, wondering if i should buy other cheap/stock YJ in future ...

Still waiting parts so I could get something done.. only thing i was able to do during easter holidays was removing front trackbar+fenders. Hopefully I will receive atleast new shocks this week and also fingers crossed for 4wd.com shipment, with good luck... maybe friday.. (front shackle center bolts coming, didnt want to put non greasable just for few days, because it's not on driving condition yet anyway.. AND I WILL CUT THOSE U-BOLTS lol)

Everyone keeps saying me here (at home) that I should go with black over white.. maybe I'll make it black and someday get rid of stainless stuff and make totally different look.. "blingbling" is ok with few colors, black, white.. maybe some others too

Few questions..

What do you guys (AND GIRLS) think, I'm removing those lights from front bumber, there will be lightbar on hood soon. Do I have enufft space with this bumper to install winch? I'm going from 1.25" BL to 2.00" BL to get little more and more clearance for 37x12.5" too, maybe its enought to get winch mounted without modifying bumper?

Other thing, I'm pretty sure f8.8 will come without u-bolts and "u-bolt plate" .. any ideas where I can order these (needs to be international delivery).. I'm sure current ones (d35) cant be re-used?

PS. ALL SNOW IS GONE NOW!!
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #35
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...ing-p-308.html maybe

...courier came few minutes ago with Finnish army shovel.. allways wanted to have "shovel on board" and now I have, hopefully I wont needed it!
Have been using this too many times @ army

Unread 04-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #36
Mark455SD
1961 CJ5 

Nice job on those floorboards...Jeep is looking good. I vote white on the paint job
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 03:53 AM   #37
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

f8.8+modified d30....

Well, seems like it is REALLY HARD to get axles shipped because seller is am invidual person, not company. All was supposed to be ok, then our freight forwarder informed me that they (k&n cleveland office) cant do it b/c seller isn't company. They advised me to contact UPS, so I did - well they can't ship it because one parcel maximum weight is 70kg, 2 axles weight total of 260kg with wooden box. Oh dear... we dont want to chop my axles.. then I got forwarded to UPS SCS (some sort of daughter company of UPS) .. again, they said this can not be done because seller is not a company.

Already paid these, seller informed that he can return my money because these bureaucrats, but I dont need money, I need these axles! Let's see how it turns out.

Last edited by rulppa; 04-15-2009 at 04:18 AM..
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #38
lutzke21

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I hope you didn't already buy those LiteDots...

Less than 3 years old... and these are replacements...

'94 YJ on 35s

Sept '14 YJOTM
July '13 YJOTM
lutzke21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #39
Piet
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been considering an Cadillac Escalade Pearl White... very cool.
- Peter ----------- Canadian Jeep Club Member #1969
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon "Ubercon" - 3.8L V6, 6 Spd Manual, RockTrac with Dana 44's on 32's. Mostly stock for now...
SOLD - 1988 Jeep Wrangler "Golden Eagle" - 350 TBI, NV4500, Dana 300, Detroit Locked Dana 44, Spooled 9", SOA, 37" MTR's
SOLD - 1994 Jeep Wrangler "Oliver" - 4 Cylinder Stocker on 31" Kuhmo MTs
Piet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #40
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piet View Post
I have been considering an Cadillac Escalade Pearl White... very cool.
They are not selling Escalades here, do you have paint color number for this one so I could buy little mix and see how it looks? Did google search and looks really cool on caddy Not selling here because it's "too heavy car" and needs to have truck license here, same with H1 and H2 hummers and big pick-ups .. gayness. Truck licence is expensive so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzke21
I hope you didn't already buy those LiteDots...
I did and allready shipped, waiting these end of next week! Nice quality for 'cheap' led-lights.. perkele!! ..bad words in english gets **** so i'm using Finnish ones
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #41
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Rulppa have you gotten those door panels from quadratec yet?
S_Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #42
showard47651
1988 YJ Wrangler 

lookin good
showard47651 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
tnachidester
1995 YJ Wrangler 

if i understand correctly you are having 2 axels shipped? if you have not already gotten the problem solved yet you should try to have them shipped separately, that way it doesn’t weigh as much. Or try to find a business that will help and ship them for you. Maybe a junk yard.
tnachidester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #44
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dubbs View Post
Hey Rulppa have you gotten those door panels from quadratec yet?
Not yet. Shipped 14th this month, doubt that because not here yet, but im hoping to receive this and much more "this week" again.. had to cancel paintjob yesterday because seems like 1month is not enought to receive parts needed.. backorder, out of stock.. delayed, waiting, blablabla. Had painting reserved 24th this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnachidester
if i understand correctly you are having 2 axels shipped? if you have not already gotten the problem solved yet you should try to have them shipped separately, that way it doesn’t weigh as much. Or try to find a business that will help and ship them for you. Maybe a junk yard.
Yeah both axels, doesnt help to ship separately because both of them weight more than maximum 70kg anyway. Seller is now talked with his boss/friend who haves company and he is willing to help us out. Waiting to get info if this is going to sort out now or is there more road blocks coming..

Trying to be positive but at the moment it is really hard, wondering if i should have left jeep alone. I just happen to leave wrong side of the globe and it makes things S-L-O-W.. and when things get slow, i'm loosing my interest and i hate when this happens
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #45
Cyberknox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think everyone who has torn into their Jeep goes through the ups and downs. Just when I think I make progress I end up taking two steps back before I get back on track. It does get discouraging at times and I sometimes consider just getting rid of mine, but looking back I wish I would have never gotten rid of my first YJ so it is worth the wait and hassle. Just take a couple of days away and then get back to it. Granted you have the extra hassle of not having some resources readily available, but don't give up on it!

I also vote for white since I am going from black to white as well.
Cyberknox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.