rulppa's 1992 YJ build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > rulppa's 1992 YJ build

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #16
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa View Post
Wondering how many of you have removed front panhard bar? Allready have front swaybar discos, but maybe I should remove panhard too to get more flex
I removed mine i dont notice any differences on road and i havnt got a chance to flex it yet but i havn't noticed any difference on the road

Unread 04-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ordered these ones from Quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/55012_500.htm .
Cool let me know if you like them, I am thinking about getting them myself but I kind of want to see what other people think of them before i order them. Thanks in advance
S_Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #18
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Guess who was highest bidder on ebay just few minutes ago

f8.8 rear with 4.56gears, minispool, discbrakes and d30 front with 4.56gears,lock right/powertrax locker,chromoly shafts, high steering conversation with DOM tubing + heim joint steering links. For 800USD i think it was good deal

What do you guys think about f8.8 minispool, can it handle daily driving on dry asphalt? It will take maybe little more than 1month to get these to my door to Finland with seacargo, cant wait!!!

Last edited by rulppa; 04-05-2009 at 03:12 PM..
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #19
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Waiting for new parts to arrive, fenders, cj7 tailgate, windshield frame, shocks, door panels, FORD 8.8, etc.. so havent got much done now.

Year ago I made new seat brackets to fit top of the original ones, square 5mm metal sheet but it looked ..ghetto.. So, made better ones, also changed angle of seats with left-over TC drop-kit bushings, thrilled "hiding space" to hide 12mm nuts and made 8pcs 4mm large tray support match TC bushing to support thin tub from both sides for safer mountpoints. Drivers side done, other side waiting for paint and seat, few pics here ->

Fixed castor angle for better steering angle, but found only one procomp 4į shim from my jeep boxes of treasure. These kind of parts are not sold here where I live and didnt want to order just 2 shims and wait 1-2week, so fabbed other one myself, turned out pretty good ->

My hi-lift has been lying at my garage for 2years, used it only one time to get my mitsubishi pajero doors "aligned" after friend of my tried to total it.. had to make it little shorter to fit rear of the jeep. No mounting points yet but here it is. If wondering those hinges and "rubber rope" these are for securing sparewheel against floor, there is 2 others on floor too but not installed yet (rubber rope has nothing to do with securing tire tought) ->

Sportbar back and finally wired soundbar, seems like there is not much space between seats (my head) and soundbar but atleast i can see good when trailing ->

At this point, I think it will be painted WHITE, not black.. reason 1) black is very sensitive for scratches, 2) already had black jeep

Last edited by rulppa; 04-07-2009 at 01:11 AM..
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #20
zekeman023
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I like you cinder block jack stands! Its looking nice, keep it up.
zekeman023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #21
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeman023 View Post
I like you cinder block jack stands! Its looking nice, keep it up.
Well, I wouldn't count much for cinderblock jacks, other one crashed when i was installing front-axle shims.

Few parts already shipped from quadratec, waiting these to arrive next week..

- RE BOOMERANG SHACKLES RR YJ 5IN CENTERS RE2775
- RUBICON EXPRESS MONOTUBE W/RES SHOCK KIT

So I guess it's too late to cancel "overkill" shocks now
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I like those seats. Is that a Jeep hood emblem that i see in the pic with the windshield down?
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #23
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dubbs View Post
I like those seats. Is that a Jeep hood emblem that i see in the pic with the windshield down?
I love my seats too, very comfy and paid less than 200USD for these from local "rice-tuning-shop"
Have been wondering that hood ornament too, first I thought its original bling-bling but wondered why no one else have it. Now when you asked I found out that it was original ornament from 1986-1991 waggy.

Click: http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Exterior_Trim/index.html

I would not spend 120USD for that, but it was there when I bought YJ, maybe some happy German put it there before me
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #24
gsmith795
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa View Post
needs paint job anyway, just not sure what color, black or white.. Jackson dilemma.
Aaaahahahahaha That's awesome, even funnier to me coming from a foreigner who doesn't speak english as a first language.

I'm really loving this thread. I'm currently working on my 92 as well, and it's white but the paint isn't in the best condition, so I will be giving it a fresh white paint job. I can't wait to see how yours looks when its white!

Keep the posts and pictures coming!

gsmith

1992 YJ Rebuild Project
http://www.tgjeep.blogspot.com
gsmith795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
S_Dubbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ahh I thought it might have been an option in europe or something like that....but the hood ornament from the waggy makes more sense.
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #26
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I think you are right about the pearl white, I have seen one in pearl white, and it looked really nice. Black scratches too easily, my Jeep is black, and I dont really like it for that, I only got it cause it was a good deal.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
bianco92yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sweet yj...keep up the awesome work...makes me want to paint my jeep. I wanna go for the desert jeep look.
Your build will be on my list of jf builds that I check daily
bianco92yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
SteveJcoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

is your name really rulppa? like the drag guy?
SteveJcoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #29
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJcoYJ View Post
is your name really rulppa? like the drag guy?
HAHA! Had to read ^ few times before I got it right, first I though my nick is some sort of alternate for draq queen in states and almost drop of my chair!! Drag guy is more preferable option, but rulppa is not my real name and I'm not the same guy, rulppa is just something my friends call me. I'm aware that it doesnt make any sense in english, that's why I'm using it!

Thanks for all feedback! Almost switched my opinion with color AGAIN, back to black.. but reading your posts got rulppa on right track again! (for now) It might take a while before I can post some progress, not much to do before I get more parts (you guys are lucky to live in states, I need to order almost everything from there and it's so sloo-ooow..).

I was able to arrange local pickup today from Cleveland.. so one heavy wooden box will be shipped with vessel to Chigago and from there with another vessel to one happy fellow at Helsinki, Finland! ...box contains 4.56geared, spooled f8.8 and little modified d30 with same gears and locker!

Last edited by rulppa; 04-09-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Unread 04-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #30
rulppa

1992 YJ Wrangler 

*DELETED* thought I found cool pearl color but it was too gay, so censored

Last edited by rulppa; 04-09-2009 at 03:23 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.