rulppa's 1992 YJ build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > rulppa's 1992 YJ build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 12-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #151
glenn-91YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Here'a a link to the instructions from MORE on installing booms. I believe that the center bolt should hit the frame on full flex to keep the shackle from inverting.

http://store.avhost.net/mountainoffr.../LS9081-is.pdf

glenn-91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #152
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn-91YJ View Post
Here'a a link to the instructions from MORE on installing booms. I believe that the center bolt should hit the frame on full flex to keep the shackle from inverting.

http://store.avhost.net/mountainoffr.../LS9081-is.pdf
Interesting, i have shackles different.. not using center bolt at all (rear) because it's hitting frame also and i don't want that. I believe many people do the same?
rulppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #153
MONTANA_YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if you ordered fender flares yet or not but I would recommend either GenRight or TNT customs complete replacement front fender with flare and rear corner armor with flare. Both places make high quality products. You can get them in a high fender option also which will give you more room for those big tires. They are pretty easy to install also. Relocating some stuff for the front fenders is the hardest part, other than that it is just bolt on and go.

How was the installation of the LED tail lights? I have been thinking about buying a set. They don't require cutting a hole at all do they?

Also I like your suspension setup. I am in the market for a new one. What exactly do you have, and do you like the function of yours?
MONTANA_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #154
Glen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

VERY nice build, you are handy ... nice garage too. Keep it up .
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #155
91YJcharlie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice to see the progress!! I'm also interested in your set up. I'd like to do something like yours in the future. You went with SOA right?
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #156
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, this is first time i try to use 'MULTIQUOTE' and i'm not quite sure how this will end, sorry ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANA_YJ View Post
Not sure if you ordered fender flares yet or not but I would recommend either GenRight or TNT customs complete replacement front fender with flare and rear corner armor with flare.

How was the installation of the LED tail lights? I have been thinking about buying a set. They don't require cutting a hole at all do they?
I will get xenon 6" flat fenders, I would love to get GenRight or TNT, but all corners are just fixed so i should have been thinking fenders before :-(

OroLED LiteDOTs didnt require any cutting, probably would get something else now, because i cant get them function right.. i dont know how to get turn signal and breaking light work same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANA_YJ View Post
Also I like your suspension setup. I am in the market for a new one. What exactly do you have, and do you like the function of yours?

RE 4.5 XD lift
with extra boomerangs (this kit came only with front booms) and .. Rubicon Express Extreme-Duty™ Mono-Tube Remote Resevior Shock Kit with Billet Clamps for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ with 5-6" Lift - Quadratec and JKS Manufacturing 9903 - JKS Manufacturing B1 1.25" Body Lift for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec and .. Teraflex 001234800 - TeraFlex Revolver Rear Shock Bar for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec and something else to come ... can't say much about how i like it yet.. anyway, shocks which came with RE 4.5 kit are crap, didnt last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
VERY nice build, you are handy ... nice garage too. Keep it up .
Thanks ... but havent been able to do much now because it's -30C and christmas is coming ..and im lazy. Hopefully i have time before new year and weather gets 'little' warmer to get sandblaster working again ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91YJcharlie View Post
Nice to see the progress!! I'm also interested in your set up. I'd like to do something like yours in the future. You went with SOA right?
Nope, didnt went with SOA, because i dont have leafs for it. I have been thinking about it many times .. someday, but not yet.
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #157
MONTANA_YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

rulppa thanks for the response, I appreciate the in sight. I think I am leaning towards the Rubicon Express 4.5" extreme duty lift with FOX OEM emulsion compression dampener shocks. I think it could be a pretty sweet setup. I have only heard good things about the Rubicon Express lift also, so I think it will be worth the money.
Unread 12-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #158
MONTANA_YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think this would make a pretty good setup and very similar to rulppa's setup. They offer a variety of shock options. I am looking at the FOX OEM emulsion compression dampener ones. It seems to me like it would be a very capable setup. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Suspension Kits & Parts*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*1987-1995 Jeep YJ Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Rubicon Express*::*Rubicon Express Jeep YJ 4.5" Extreme Duty Kit - 4X4 Off-Road, JK Synergy Suspension Syste
Unread 02-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #159
rlfa83
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any new updates on the build Rulppa?
rlfa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #160
91YJcharlie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Rulppa, how's the project comin?? Can't wait to see more!

Montana, thanks man! That's definately an option for the future. I may end up going SOA though. We'll see
Unread 02-07-2011, 12:59 AM   #161
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well... Not much, all blasting and painting (axle related) have been ready for some weeks.. now trying to find some interest/few parts to put things together.
Unread 02-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #162
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

f8.8 missing calibers and pads, then its ready to rock! Waiting new ball joints, HD diff cover and axle tube seals for D30.

I would like to order fender flares, but i still dont know where to get mixed pair (YJ/TJ) Xenon 6" flat fenders.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12501_611_07.htm <- front flares
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12511_616_07.htm <- rear flares
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #163
91YJcharlie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'd definately go with the 4" ones. I like the look of the tires sticking out from the flares a little. Looks beefier lol.
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #164
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd definately go with the 4" ones. I like the look of the tires sticking out from the flares a little. Looks beefier lol.
Thanks to EU lawmakers, it needs to be 6" .. after inspection, i'll just add spacers to get beefier look if needed

Quadratec didnt want to sell me mixed pair of xenon flat fenders ..
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #165
rulppa
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Good news!! Jackie from 4wd.com made special order from the vendor, it will take atleast ~3weeks + shipping! YJ/TJ mixed pair flat-fenders!!

New calibers painted, i'm guessing that d35 days are soon to be over?!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.