Rubiconrazorbac build thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rubiconrazorbac build thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #91
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Thanks! Yep, I just need to get them trimmed to fit with the fenders. Luckily I have tons of time off during the holidays. Just depends on the weather. If it's snowing, the garage belongs to the wife & kids. If it's fair weather, I get the space

Anyway, so far it looks like I'll just have to trim the aluminum rocker guard and NOT the SS slider. The only place the slider might have an interference is with the "ball" where the flare attaches to the fender. If it doesn't fit, I'll have to decide which one gets to meet the grinder

I honestly thought I'd have more done by now, but little things come up and "next weekend" becomes "next month."

If all goes well the next few weeks I won't have any excuses NOT to have them on
Thanks will be looking forward to see how the Savvy Rockers and Metal Cloak Fenders come together... I don't know that Savvy won't make something for fenders eventually, but reading between the lines, I don't think it's high on the priority list if at all.

BTW, I like the Irony in your pic of a "USA" bottle opener opening a German Beer

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #92
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Actually it was due to her complaint that the Jeep rode rougher with the 35s that led me to check the air pressure. The tire shop had put 45 pounds of pressure in them! Now they're at 26 and everyone is happy.

Funny story. The kid that mounted my tires was new at America's tire and put 60 psi in mine. 26 psi is where mine are most happy. Seems to give the best tire patch at that pressure

Once this one is "done", if there is such a thing, I'll be looking for another to try something different. Hopefully we'll have a his-n-hers someday

Funny coincidence. With my rubi build complete I have begun looking for another jeep. I just looked at a 95 yj friday night. I have permission to build another but it won't be a rubicon. Late yj or early tj. 6 cyl/auto. Looking to go coilovers and 3 link/4 link setup. We'll see how that works out.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #93
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

would you mind posting all the different LED's you used, which ones go to which and where you got them from? less the auto - cuz autos are for NINNYS

thanks

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #94
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
would you mind posting all the different LED's you used, which ones go to which and where you got them from? less the auto - cuz autos are for NINNYS

thanks
I was about ready to say the same thing.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #95
Eric2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have an auto and would like to know this. And that is Mr. NINNY to you. :-)
Eric2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #96
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post

thanks
OK, here goes. First I used this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ga...nstall-752937/

However, note there are some differences in model-year to model-year on bulb fitment.

I ordered everything from Superbrightleds.com

I got the single LEDs instead of the triple. They're bright enough as they are. There is minimal "dim" control. However, I hear that with the triple, you get more control with the dimmer switch.

For the Guage Cluster. Type 74 bulbs. They're very similar to a Christmas light bulb. Once you install them about 1/2 won't work as they are polar-specific. All you have to do is take them out and turn 'em 180 degrees:

For the HVAC. Mine were NEO4 mini-wedge base bulbs. One of the guys that did the write-up in the thread has an '05 LJ and his HVAC bulbs were NEO5. You'll have to check on your specific year:

For the Rocker switches, the same NEO4 bulbs I used in the HVAC fit in the BOTTOM of the rocker switches that actually lights up the little picture on the switch. The top of the rear defrost & OD off switch has NEO3 bulbs that light up the indicators. Note if anything put white bulbs on these since the amber lenses would negate any color change (the blue bulbs just made it a weird green). Here's the NEO3 package:

For the dome light, get some festoon bulbs. I used blue, but also got white in case I didn't like the blue.

OK, now finally for my fellow NINNIES! The shifter uses the type 194 bulb. I have also heard this is the same bulb for the floorboard "courtesy" light, but haven't been underneath to check yet. If so, I'll edit this post.

If anyone needs some blue NEO5 bulbs or white festoon bulbs, I've got some that I'll never use. PM me and I'll send 'em to you free!
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #97
Cilaes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Once you install them about 1/2 won't work as they are polar-specific. All you have to do is take them out and turn 'em 180 degrees

You have me wanting to kick myself. I did the LEG cluster install on my rubi about a month ago and just accepted the fact that the right side of my speedo didn't light up. I've been trying to convince myself that it "looks cool" - "easier on the eyes", but I'm definitely spinning 'em around tomorrow. My packaging was totally different. Thanks for showing me that I'm not always right, I would have never figured it out =]
'04 Rubicon; 33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratrac's; 15x8 Unique 297 Wheels; 2.5" RC Sus. Lift; RC 1.25" BL; RC Steering Stabilizer; Hidden Hitch; Green LED Guage Lights; MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/oh-my-darlin-04-rubi-1032255/
Cilaes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #98
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilaes View Post
Once you install them about 1/2 won't work as they are polar-specific. All you have to do is take them out and turn 'em 180 degrees

You have me wanting to kick myself. I did the LEG cluster install on my rubi about a month ago and just accepted the fact that the right side of my speedo didn't light up. I've been trying to convince myself that it "looks cool" - "easier on the eyes", but I'm definitely spinning 'em around tomorrow. My packaging was totally different. Thanks for showing me that I'm not always right, I would have never figured it out =]
I feel your pain. The high-beam indicator blinking drove me nuts until I realized what the problem was

Got around to changing out the bulb on the "courtesy light" in the passenger side footwell. It IS the same type bulb as the auto shifter

Took the Rough Country rock sliders off today to work on getting the Savvy sliders measured & trimmed. While the RC sliders are definitely strong and provide good protection, you lose clearance with them mounted to the frame. Actually I didn't realize HOW MUCH clearance I was giving up with them until I took them off!

I've got quite a bit of time off the next couple of weeks so I hope to make some more progress. Although things are moving much slower than I'd hoped, at least it's slow and steady...
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #99
Morpheus
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Love the Bottle opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #100
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I'm anticipating my FedEx and UPS buddies to show up this week! Ordered some more Currie stuff from Gerald and some shocks from 4wd.com.

After changing my mind a dozen times on what to do with the corners, I took Gerald's advice and dropped them off at a body shop. The original shop I went to wanted over $500 to paint 2 corners! However, I found one that would do it for $204 I'm sure the gloss won't last forever, but hopefully rocks & trees will take care of that. And at $200, I can stomach taking them back every year or two after wheeling season to have them re-done.

Took a sawsall and grinder to the Savvy rocker guards and learned a bit about the differences between aluminum & steel. They're shaping up nice and I'll get some pics up soon

Happy New Year everyone!
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #101
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Took a sawsall and grinder to the Savvy rocker guards and learned a bit about the differences between aluminum & steel. They're shaping up nice and I'll get some pics up soon

Happy New Year everyone!
Can't wait to see the Savvy Rockers and Metal Cloak fenders together! Still the way I'm thinking long term (unless Blaine and Gerald do something)
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #102
TOLjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK, here goes. First I used this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ga...nstall-752937/

However, note there are some differences in model-year to model-year on bulb fitment.

I ordered everything from Superbrightleds.com

I got the single LEDs instead of the triple. They're bright enough as they are. There is minimal "dim" control. However, I hear that with the triple, you get more control with the dimmer switch.

For the Guage Cluster. Type 74 bulbs. They're very similar to a Christmas light bulb. Once you install them about 1/2 won't work as they are polar-specific. All you have to do is take them out and turn 'em 180 degrees:

For the HVAC. Mine were NEO4 mini-wedge base bulbs. One of the guys that did the write-up in the thread has an '05 LJ and his HVAC bulbs were NEO5. You'll have to check on your specific year:

For the Rocker switches, the same NEO4 bulbs I used in the HVAC fit in the BOTTOM of the rocker switches that actually lights up the little picture on the switch. The top of the rear defrost & OD off switch has NEO3 bulbs that light up the indicators. Note if anything put white bulbs on these since the amber lenses would negate any color change (the blue bulbs just made it a weird green). Here's the NEO3 package:

For the dome light, get some festoon bulbs. I used blue, but also got white in case I didn't like the blue.

OK, now finally for my fellow NINNIES! The shifter uses the type 194 bulb. I have also heard this is the same bulb for the floorboard "courtesy" light, but haven't been underneath to check yet. If so, I'll edit this post.

If anyone needs some blue NEO5 bulbs or white festoon bulbs, I've got some that I'll never use. PM me and I'll send 'em to you free!
So how many of each bulb did you get for each? and what did you use for the light by our feet.
Mopar Rubicon Rockers,Warn Front Bumper, Bestop Rear Bumper, Banks Exhaust, K&N FIPK
Next: 1.25 Inch Body lift, SAVVY Corner Armor and Steering, PSC Rocker Knockers
Down the Road: Ford 8.8, 3 Inch Springs, 35" Mud Grapplers on Black 20's

Last edited by TOLjeep; 01-05-2010 at 09:08 PM..
TOLjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #103
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, I never thanked you for the bulbs. THANKS! They are sweet.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #104
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLjeep View Post
So how many of each bulb did you get for each? and what did you use for the light by our feet.
The guage cluster took 5 bulbs, I added another for the high-beam indicator but you don't really need that one. HVAC needed 3 bulbs. I needed 2 bulbs for the overhead (1 for each light on soundbar). Shifter took 1 bulb and the floor light under the glovebox took 1 bulb--same type as the shifter. As far as the rocker switches go, you just need one bulb for each switch.

I ordered extras just in case one or more were bad. They were all good. If I were to do it again, I'd order at least 1 extra in each size for insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Hey man, I never thanked you for the bulbs. THANKS! They are sweet.
No problem. Glad you could use them!

Quick update: shocks came yesterday. The freakin' cans on the Rancho 9000XLs are HUGE! Also got the corners back from the painter. They really did a fantastic job. I'll post up pics when I get home, but they look great.

Of course we got hit with 10" of snow so the garage is occupied right now Still need to finish up trimming the rocker guards to get 'em to fit perfectly. Currie trackbar bracket, bumpstops, & new steering stabilizer being delivered next week. SLOOOOW...
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #105
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm looking forward to seeing everything put on there!

Thanks,

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.