Rubicon0311 Build - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
How's the winch control look now Curt? Lol

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum


'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Now you have an excuse for a Jerry can!!
I actually didn't run out of gas, made it to the station just in time lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
How's the winch control look now Curt? Lol

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum
Looks good now, works even better
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #108 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Can you still use your remote?

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #109 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

I actually didn't run out of gas, made it to the station just in time lol

Looks good now, works even better
Good! I'm pretty impressed with this install. I thought all hope was lost after the first few fuses...

My gf took one look at what that grinder did to my finger and said, "ooh that definitely needed stitches". Pfffff, not.

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
post #110 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Sorry for the crappy pic, but yes you can still use the remote. The switch is just tied into the controls.

forumrunner_20130204_205034.jpg
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #111 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Good! I'm pretty impressed with this install. I thought all hope was lost after the first few fuses...

My gf took one look at what that grinder did to my finger and said, "ooh that definitely needed stitches". Pfffff, not.

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum
It'll buff out
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #112 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
it's not even that bad. Did look pretty gnarly in the morning though.

I don't know about you but I'm excited for this weekend!

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
post #113 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
it's not even that bad. Did look pretty gnarly in the morning though.

I don't know about you but I'm excited for this weekend!

Sent from an iThingy using JeepForum
Maybe Jason can throw Betty together and bring it to Bundy saturday....... I am trying to get a headcount for this weekend.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #114 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Yeah, not likely. Not sure how far I would get on 31" tires.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #115 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yeah, not likely. Not sure how far I would get on 31" tires.
You would actually be able to do quite a bit around there, just don't follow me, your Jeep cant get any up travel on her
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #116 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Moose340
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Yeah, not likely. Not sure how far I would get on 31" tires.
Not to high jack or anything but I keep up with these guys and was the only one not to get stuck. Its not all about the rig, its about how well the driver can handle his rig. Notice the stock little jeep, thats mine....on 30.5 inch tires

Non timebo mala
Check out my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...eicon-1459432/
Moose340 is offline  
post #117 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
Not to high jack or anything but I keep up with these guys and was the only one not to get stuck. Its not all about the rig, its about how well the driver can handle his rig. Notice the stock little jeep, thats mine....on 30.5 inch tires
Thanks for posting this, now Jason has to come this weekend
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #118 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Those other two have selectable lockers front and rear? The 31" tires aren't even the worst part. I have 1.25" of uptravel before my control arms hit my V8 engine mounts. No CB. No muffler. Interior is half torn apart and there are wires everywhere. I don't even have fenders.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #119 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Those other two have selectable lockers front and rear? The 31" tires aren't even the worst part. I have 1.25" of uptravel before my control arms hit my V8 engine mounts. No CB. No muffler. Interior is half torn apart and there are wires everywhere. I don't even have fenders.
Excuses, excuses.....
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #120 of 1028 Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
No hood latch, no tow points.....

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome