Rubicon0311 Build - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rubicon0311 Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Reply
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #676
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: saginaw, michigan
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
My tires may be up for sale in a couple months as well.....
yeah, that's the least of the awesomness to come!!!!

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #677
zte87
2.5 POWER!
 
zte87's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon, wa
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post

yeah, that's the least of the awesomness to come!!!!
Ohhh I know.......am I am suuuper jealous!
__________________
93 jeep yj bds 5 inch springs 5/8 boom shackles in the rear, locked front and rear dana 30/8.8 with front and rear chromoly shafts full cloak armor and 37 inch toyo's
january 2013 yjotm winner!
2013 yjoty winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

RIP
96 jeep xj, 4.5 inch rc x-series lift with .75 coil spacer, siting on 31-10.50-15 goodyear! (aka gas saver)

RIP
96 jeep zj iro otk steering 7 inch iro critical path long arms lift siting on 35-13.50-15 toyo mt's and much more!
may 2011 GCOTM winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1208873/
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #678
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
My tires may be up for sale in a couple months as well.....
Going back to stock? Probably a good idea. Makes wheeling more fun
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #679
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 4,827
Nice work on the Jeep and the dunes look like a lot of fun ... but you can have the snow .
__________________
Sanding is teh debil !

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #680
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nice work on the Jeep and the dunes look like a lot of fun ... but you can have the snow .
I quite enjoy the snow, so I will keep it I do remember it snowing in NC when I lived there though......not too many people knew how to drive in the stuff.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #681
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I quite enjoy the snow, so I will keep it I do remember it snowing in NC when I lived there though......not too many people knew how to drive in the stuff.
The ones who know how to drive in it here stay home to avoid the majority that dont
__________________
Sanding is teh debil !

[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/just-another-lj-build-1055533/] Just another LJ build[/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/moab-utah-june-1st-june-14th-2013-a-1444235/]June 2013 Moab Trip [/url]
[url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/tj-wrangler-trailer-build-1427938/]Wrangler tub trailer build[/url]
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #682
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CT, CT
Posts: 3,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I quite enjoy the snow, so I will keep it I do remember it snowing in NC when I lived there though......not too many people knew how to drive in the stuff.
It really doesnt matter where you live, people in CT that have lived here their entire lives still dont know how to drive in snow
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #683
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
It really doesnt matter where you live, people in CT that have lived here their entire lives still dont know how to drive in snow
I'd love to see some of the snow you guys get in CT, I live in SW Michigan so I get a lot of lake effect snow, but nothing compared to what the NE US gets. I just wish I lived closer to any form of mountains so I can do some serious winter wheeling. I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC while I was in the Marines. I miss hitting Uwharrie on the weekends.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #684
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI, Michigan
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

I'd love to see some of the snow you guys get in CT, I live in SW Michigan so I get a lot of lake effect snow, but nothing compared to what the NE US gets. I just wish I lived closer to any form of mountains so I can do some serious winter wheeling. I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC while I was in the Marines. I miss hitting Uwharrie on the weekends.
Just head up north 3 hours and you will be into the deepest snow in the Midwest. Most the time there's 3-4 feet at my house. We've already had a storm that dropped 6".

This is from last weekend.


image-660195877.jpg
__________________
Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #685
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CT, CT
Posts: 3,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I'd love to see some of the snow you guys get in CT, I live in SW Michigan so I get a lot of lake effect snow, but nothing compared to what the NE US gets. I just wish I lived closer to any form of mountains so I can do some serious winter wheeling. I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC while I was in the Marines. I miss hitting Uwharrie on the weekends.
I enjoy playing in the snow and doing donuts in parking lots but Im not a snow wheeler. Id much prefer no snow at all actually
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #686
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,220
I think it's time for my front track bar to retire.....too much play in the bushing on the axle side, and honestly, it's been preventing me from taking the Jeep on any long drive. I am open for suggestions for a decent replacement.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #687
zte87
2.5 POWER!
 
zte87's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mount Vernon, wa
Posts: 4,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I think it's time for my front track bar to retire.....too much play in the bushing on the axle side, and honestly, it's been preventing me from taking the Jeep on any long drive. I am open for suggestions for a decent replacemeirnt.
Iror double sheer setup, I ran it on my old zj and loved it!
__________________
93 jeep yj bds 5 inch springs 5/8 boom shackles in the rear, locked front and rear dana 30/8.8 with front and rear chromoly shafts full cloak armor and 37 inch toyo's
january 2013 yjotm winner!
2013 yjoty winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

RIP
96 jeep xj, 4.5 inch rc x-series lift with .75 coil spacer, siting on 31-10.50-15 goodyear! (aka gas saver)

RIP
96 jeep zj iro otk steering 7 inch iro critical path long arms lift siting on 35-13.50-15 toyo mt's and much more!
may 2011 GCOTM winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1208873/
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #688
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,220
Looks like a good setup, however, I'm not sure if I want to stick with rubber bushings at all. I think I am going to try to aim for something with a heim joint.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #689
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
Looks like a good setup, however, I'm not sure if I want to stick with rubber bushings at all. I think I am going to try to aim for something with a heim joint.
You got many miles out of your stock setup though, eh? Rubber bushings are a lot cheaper to replace too.

But there's this: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...anhardtrackbar pretty good deal on quality parts, but you really have to know your stuff to get it right (and safe). Since all your angles looked decent iirc, I would probably lean toward an out of the box product. The only one I have experience with is RC, and you know how I feel about them lol.
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #690
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
You got many miles out of your stock setup though, eh? Rubber bushings are a lot cheaper to replace too.

But there's this: http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...anhardtrackbar pretty good deal on quality parts, but you really have to know your stuff to get it right (and safe). Since all your angles looked decent iirc, I would probably lean toward an out of the box product. The only one I have experience with is RC, and you know how I feel about them lol.
I think I might have to do a little more research on a panhard, not exactly sure of the pros and cons of this type of setup. Looks good too, and yes, my front trackbar is still the original OEM one. Many miles on this sucker
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.