Rubicon0311 Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Has anyone set up a marker light behind their Metalcloak "M" on their front fenders? I am trying to find a light that will work and fit behind it. Preferably something I can flush mount right behind the plate.

Rubicon0311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Moose340
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
Has anyone set up a marker light behind their Metalcloak "M" on their front fenders? I am trying to find a light that will work and fit behind it. Preferably something I can flush mount right behind the plate.
Check out harbor freight, they have a bunch of light. I am going to run marker lights behind the W's on my bumper

Non timebo mala
Check out my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...eicon-1459432/
Moose340 is offline  
post #33 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
No luck on that end...This is the closest thing I could find
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-LED-2-...40855624650%26

I need something that is about 2.5"x1.5" in order for it to fit behind the plate with the "M".
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #34 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Why not just build something? Put a clear lens behind the "M", fab a little box to hold a light socket. Put some reflective **** on the inside.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #35 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Why not just build something? Put a clear lens behind the "M", fab a little box to hold a light socket. Put some reflective **** on the inside.
That's most likely what will happen, if I plan on doing that....I was really just trying to drill the two holes needed to mount a lens, but I don't want to hack up everything on those fenders
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #36 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
There's no need to hack up the fenders. Find a lens of some sort that will fit reasonably tightly with pressure. Fab a small box with two mounting tabs. Pinch the lens between the box and the "M" cutout, then bolt/screw/rivet/duct tape the box to the fender so that it pinches the lens between the box and "M" cutout. You could even put that little corner marker you have now on the outside of the box so it points outward more toward the side, vs. where it's pointing kinda down right now.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #37 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
There's no need to hack up the fenders. Find a lens of some sort that will fit reasonably tightly with pressure. Fab a small box with two mounting tabs. Pinch the lens between the box and the "M" cutout, then bolt/screw/rivet/duct tape the box to the fender so that it pinches the lens between the box and "M" cutout. You could even put that little corner marker you have now on the outside of the box so it points outward more toward the side, vs. where it's pointing kinda down right now.
I'm going to figure something out, this isn't something I NEED to do. Just an idea I had.

On another note, looks like another 10" of snow is headed this way within the next few days...better fill the Jeep up today. Too bad I filled the car up yesterday.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #38 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I'm going to figure something out, this isn't something I NEED to do. Just an idea I had.

On another note, looks like another 10" of snow is headed this way within the next few days...better fill the Jeep up today. Too bad I filled the car up yesterday.


I need to get my exhaust done so I can drive mine off my road before that hits.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #39 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post


I need to get my exhaust done so I can drive mine off my road before that hits.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #40 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Well, got a group planning on going to Bundy Hill on the 9th, not sure how many people actually read this build, but thats the plan for now.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #41 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #42 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

I'm going to figure something out, this isn't something I NEED to do. Just an idea I had.

On another note, looks like another 10" of snow is headed this way within the next few days...better fill the Jeep up today. Too bad I filled the car up yesterday.
Wow, awesome jeep man! It's come a long way.

There saying 18" here in Traverse over the next couple days should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #43 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Wow, awesome jeep man! It's come a long way.

There saying 18" here in Traverse over the next couple days should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I think I need to make a road trip up there....
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #44 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311

I think I need to make a road trip up there....
Eh. There's usually way to much snow to actually wheel any of the trails. I'm just up for the weekend to snowboard.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #45 of 1028 Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Eh. There's usually way to much snow to actually wheel any of the trails. I'm just up for the weekend to snowboard.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Do you go to school up there or something? I might go to Petosky, just because I might visit a person up there
Rubicon0311 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome