Rubicon0311 Build - Page 12 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Yeah I was talking to the guy that runs r&v and he was saying there is at least a couple of people who get hurt pretty good every year.
I watched someone roll their rig from across the park, not sure if anyone was hurt or not. I also watched someone with a tahoe that was entirely too big make his first attempt at anything challenging that day(a small hill) and he threw his rear driveshaft. I didn't take any pics because it was too fricken cold. My hands were happier in my pockets.

Rubicon0311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post

I watched someone roll their rig from across the park, not sure if anyone was hurt or not. I also watched someone with a tahoe that was entirely too big make his first attempt at anything challenging that day(a small hill) and he threw his rear driveshaft. I didn't take any pics because it was too fricken cold. My hands were happier in my pockets.
Well at least it was entertaining, I'm sure there will be video on YouTube
ashland82391 is offline  
post #168 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Well at least it was entertaining, I'm sure there will be video on YouTube
I found this one, kind of gives you an idea of how many people were there. This is only one side of the park.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #169 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post

I found this one, kind of gives you an idea of how many people were there. This is only one side of the park.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnxllMWgD8
Wow, that is too much for me, makes me second guess the blessing
ashland82391 is offline  
post #170 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Wow, that is too much for me, makes me second guess the blessing
Yeah, like I said, we went in and parked. I bet Twisted Trails would be fun to go tinker around in, but not with that many people.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #171 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

Wow, that is too much for me, makes me second guess the blessing
The jeep blessing is a completely different vibe. It's a family oriented event, the Dog party has the word party in its name for a reason. The Dog party is also on private land so drinking and driving is not illegal there. The blessing is a totally different thing and its not on private land so theres no drinking or crazy people, just lots of fun wheeling/vendors.

Usually by about 2 a lot of people leave the blessing and head over the Twisted Trails offroad park, which is about 10 miles down the road and do some wheeling there the rest of the day. Th Dog Party is really the only event that is more of a party then a wheeling event. You'll love the blessing man, it's a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #172 of 1028 Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
The jeep blessing is a completely different vibe. It's a family oriented event, the Dog party has the word party in its name for a reason. The Dog party is also on private land so drinking and driving is not illegal there. The blessing is a totally different thing and its not on private land so theres no drinking or crazy people, just lots of fun wheeling/vendors.

Usually by about 2 a lot of people leave the blessing and head over the Twisted Trails offroad park, which is about 10 miles down the road and do some wheeling there the rest of the day. Th Dog Party is really the only event that is more of a party then a wheeling event. You'll love the blessing man, it's a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Yeah I bet, I'd like to make it up there. The guy I sold my hitch to tonight said he was going up to the blessing as well. He told me it was fun as well.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #173 of 1028 Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Well I sold my front fenders today.... Finally. I kept the flares though, so if anyone in the area is looking for a set, let me know.
Also tried the new Budweiser, not bad.

forumrunner_20130218_192734.jpg
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #174 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Alboy79
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Conklin
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
The jeep blessing is a completely different vibe. It's a family oriented event, the Dog party has the word party in its name for a reason. The Dog party is also on private land so drinking and driving is not illegal there. The blessing is a totally different thing and its not on private land so theres no drinking or crazy people, just lots of fun wheeling/vendors.

Usually by about 2 a lot of people leave the blessing and head over the Twisted Trails offroad park, which is about 10 miles down the road and do some wheeling there the rest of the day. Th Dog Party is really the only event that is more of a party then a wheeling event. You'll love the blessing man, it's a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
This is exactly right. Comparing the Blessing to the Dog Party is WORSE than apples to oranges

Ill be up to the blessing, then over to Twisted to wheel after. May even stay the night and play on Sunday as well.

CheapThrills Off-Road
Alboy79 is offline  
post #175 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 12:13 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79

This is exactly right. Comparing the Blessing to the Dog Party is WORSE than apples to oranges

Ill be up to the blessing, then over to Twisted to wheel after. May even stay the night and play on Sunday as well.
I'll be there all week! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #176 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post

I'll be there all week! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I'm getting motivated, should be fun with my new locker
ashland82391 is offline  
post #177 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
CDW_327
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Commerce MI/Traverse city MI
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391

I'm getting motivated, should be fun with my new locker
Did you order yet???

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Getting Redemption: 93 YJ Build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yj-redemption-93-wrangler-build-1368262/
CDW_327 is offline  
post #178 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post

Did you order yet???

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Next week (cross my figures!) I'll be ordering it.
ashland82391 is offline  
post #179 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Took the heep to Holland today

forumrunner_20130220_145103.jpg



forumrunner_20130220_145118.jpg
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #180 of 1028 Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Moose340
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,391
Looks pruty nice out! Did you do a little tanning?

Non timebo mala
Check out my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...eicon-1459432/
Moose340 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome