Rubicon on a Diet Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rubicon on a Diet Build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 08-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #91
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

LOL i wasn't saying he was not intelligent b/c he only has 4 posts. i was saying the only 4 post he has is an argument about dumb **** and he has been a member since 08, which means the only reason he comes on and post on JF is to be in a argument. Really dumb if you ask me, bye
Yes he came to argue. It's obvious someone informed him about this discussion, but regardless post count doesn't mean anything

Unread 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #92
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500

Haha, I thought the same thing. Good luck with the stretch James. Just be prepared for the jeep to sit on jackstands for longer than your expecting and many little expenses to pop up. It is worth it in the end though.
Thanks Mike!

As far as things popping up, I'll try and eliminate that. Im going to be waiting for parts for a bit so I'll have time to think.

Got the upper joints straight, thanks Connor. And No thanks to RK for using odd mounting with sizes.
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #93
JEEPER188
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you figure out what was wrong with your jeep?
JEEPER188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #94
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPER188
Did you figure out what was wrong with your jeep?
Something was shorting the battery. I got it fixed, but now working on shock mounts and coil mounts. Passenger side coil mount is about done, now I need to do driver the set it on its own weight to determine shock towers. This is a temp fox but might as well be permanent. It's a ***** but an hour a night will get it done. Just got off work so, ill hit it for a few hours.
image-1708532641.jpg  
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #95
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't gotten much done. I have a date tonight so I didnt want to wear myself out.

This is the new coil location. Axle isn't at ride height i am going to wait to do the other side hopefully tomorrow. That is the new upper mount. It will be trimmed off at the top, and the old ford towers or if I can find my hole saw will be used for the top mount once I figure the location.
image-3228931289.jpg  
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #96
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I have a date tonight so I didnt want to wear myself out.
Yeeeaaahhhh.

Get it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #97
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Date went well. It was my like tenth first date with this girl. I put her off and she doesn't the same. Anyway Jeep is sitting on the coils. I need to move the driverside upper mount in some. Easy but a pain. I didn't weld in the inner supports yet. I'll throw the 1 inch spacer in the rear or change out the coils. It's about level now but with spare in it won't be.

Going to hit the shock mounts and my second outboard on my frame early. I plan on taking it down to the river for a party so I'm hoping to get it finished up.

Pics to come
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #98
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990jeeper View Post
The only thing I have to say is you didn't have to wheel with our group so why make all the negative comments?Anybody that has any real experience will tell you that the only bad spotting that went on there was when all of you were trying to spot somebody when there was one designated spotter for my XJ.I'm sorry my sky high XJ was too good for you but I'm glad you will not be coming back to wheel with us.I also don't have an XJ with a bunch of "Bolt on" parts.I wasn't gonna start anything and was just gonna shrug it off from that day but you had to make your stupid comments.We all got along great and had no problems once you all left except for Colton's XJ dying.
Why use spotters for bunny trails lol, learn to wheel without a spotter makes things move along a lot quicker, plus there is nobody to blame when you F up . Some stuff that's extremely hard and you cannot make it after a few tries might require a spot other than that you should be able to run pretty much anything without somebody else's miss direction.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #99
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Date went well. It was my like tenth first date with this girl. I put her off and she doesn't the same. Anyway Jeep is sitting on the coils. I need to move the driverside upper mount in some. Easy but a pain. I didn't weld in the inner supports yet. I'll throw the 1 inch spacer in the rear or change out the coils. It's about level now but with spare in it won't be.

Going to hit the shock mounts and my second outboard on my frame early. I plan on taking it down to the river for a party so I'm hoping to get it finished up.

Pics to come
You have been a very busy boy, coming along nicely

Unread 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #100
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

She is all done. One more minor adjustment but I'm driving it. I am waiting on the artec mounts and I'll order some heims and work on the custom 4 link. Then when I have more time I'll do the stretch
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #101
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just keep something in mind though the more you customize the smaller the market to ever resell it. Tony/ Flatlander found that out the hard way.
Personally I love my little Yeller the way it is and enjoy driving it every day.
For the crazy stuff I have my other Jeep, it isn't easy to built Jeeps that do both well, my buddy's silver Jeep is about as close as you can get with it.
That Rubicon hasn't got a single Rubicon part left under it.
Also seems like you have one good Jeepin bud, you two learn to rely on one and another and just go wheelin with the two of you, cuts down on aggravation and you learn how to asses trail obstacles and how to get past them instead of relying on a bunch of other people that think they know it all

Unread 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #102
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think if I wanted to sell this, I would have to explain mods to all the fabrication and such and it would be such a headache.

Fuel cell
Frame modification

Are starters. If I sold I would say serious wheelers or knowledgable jeepers only.t

I think now left for this stage is
Finish new 4 link
Finish welding up the shocks and gusset the tube frame
Clean the paint
Rear swing down tire carrier
Aluminum sliders and corners color matched
Move fuel cell and get some sort of seat back there
New top
Tube front highlines
Re-paint the cage

That is the list for now.
Some electrical will be done tomorrow after work. Hook up compressor switch and locker switches again. I ripper them out tryin to figure out what was wrong.
Led tails with some led goodness.
And pick up some 3m to clean off the paint and wax her real good for once.

Btw, the new shock setup is great. The angle is better, more room for the body, and they are farther in. Coils are perfect too. She drives fantastic
T
Unread 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #103
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Artect order in. Very nice, I put them together in minutes. They are not tacked or anything I will do that when the joints come in. Very pleased with the price and simplicity! Thanks Artie!
image-2725073549.jpg  
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #104
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Just keep something in mind though the more you customize the smaller the market to ever resell it. Tony/ Flatlander found that out the hard way.

Also seems like you have one good Jeepin bud, you two learn to rely on one and another and just go wheelin with the two of you, cuts down on aggravation and you learn how to asses trail obstacles and how to get past them instead of relying on a bunch of other people that think they know it all
Both are true statements and even if you find a knowledgeable, interested buyer, you still will never get back what you put into the jeep... unless you win KOH and have some sort of celebrity status (Gerald). I lost the whole "retail value" thinking a long time ago and made up my mind that the jeep is here to stay until it gets buried to the ground.

And wheeling with just you and a buddy is always the best! You can concur 10x more with less hold up.

James - those brackets are nice, I like that there's different adjustments for the uppers.
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #105
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Btw, the new shock setup is great. The angle is better, more room for the body, and they are farther in. Coils are perfect too. She drives fantastic
T
What do you mean they are farther in? Did you move them inward on the axle tubes? If so, what's the benefit of that? I always thought the father out the shocks sit, the better stability and control.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.