Rubicon on a Diet Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rubicon on a Diet Build

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #76
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Then decided, **** it. Stretch the *****.
When you told me this.....

You done ****ed up, son. Have fun.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #77
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped

Well by the time I stretch it, ALL parts will be here. I'm going to patch up the rear shock towers, relocate the upper spring perches, and in about two weeks when school starts, I'll have some free time. It wont take me long once the links are done.
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #78
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I think it may be the battery.

I'll get a new one after I test it.

As for wheelin, wasn't a good day. Jeep did okay for some obstacles, some others, not good. Overall I'm not happy. It was a combination of a bunch of bad spotters, no it alls, and people who didn't speak up. No real good pics at all. I have some of the other rigs but I'll leave those on the camera.

It was my first negative experience at the place since I started going. Get there right at nine and ready to wheel really at 930-45. Didn't get to start until 1045. Needless to say I will be wheeling with a different group next time. One guy thought if you stretched the front of a Jeep the front axle would get into the oil pan........ So I didn't even open my mouth. Get under my Jeep then look under an xj back at the house, and wtf was that guy talkin about. OIL pan? You mean radiator or fan shroud? *******.

Anyway I think I'll be just building from now on and wait to wheel with a good group that doesn't have a bunch of dumb comments. The guy I brought had his farmer share, but at least he knows what he is talking about and doesn't buy bolt on parts and sky lift Jeeps.

Colton I got some shots of your jeep I'll post them up. Sorry about all the jeep troubles, let me know if you need any help with stuff.

I wish I didn't get out of bed yesterday but oh well.
Thanks. It was a suck day. I don't want to start anything, but the sky lifted, 'bolt on' XJ did very well for as high as it is. And please convince your bud not to stretch an XJ on 32's. That is retarded.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #79
1990jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The only thing I have to say is you didn't have to wheel with our group so why make all the negative comments?Anybody that has any real experience will tell you that the only bad spotting that went on there was when all of you were trying to spot somebody when there was one designated spotter for my XJ.I'm sorry my sky high XJ was too good for you but I'm glad you will not be coming back to wheel with us.I also don't have an XJ with a bunch of "Bolt on" parts.I wasn't gonna start anything and was just gonna shrug it off from that day but you had to make your stupid comments.We all got along great and had no problems once you all left except for Colton's XJ dying.
1990jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #80
1990jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I also will never wheel again with any guys that may little comments while I'm climbing a rock saying I hope he rolls it.We never said anything negative towards your Rubi or you while you were trying obstacles.
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #81
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990jeeper View Post
I also will never wheel again with any guys that may little comments while I'm climbing a rock saying I hope he rolls it.We never said anything negative towards your Rubi or you while you were trying obstacles.
LOL, from the guy with a total of 4 posts, in which the posts are to get into an argument about who's a better spotter
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #82
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

LOL, from the guy with a total of 4 posts, in which the posts are to get into an argument about who's a better spotter
Because post count determines your intelligence....
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #83
1990jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Exactly Colton..post count has nothing to do with anything..
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #84
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Because post count determines your intelligence....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990jeeper View Post
Exactly Colton..post count has nothing to do with anything..
LOL i wasn't saying he was not intelligent b/c he only has 4 posts. i was saying the only 4 post he has is an argument about dumb **** and he has been a member since 08, which means the only reason he comes on and post on JF is to be in a argument. Really dumb if you ask me, bye
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #85
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

HAHA 9 post now, he must be out posting on what ever he can to get that count up, JK I'm done now, back to the stretch!

Very nice jeep BTW!
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #86
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

He was defending himself...
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #87
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327
HAHA 9 post now, he must be out posting on what ever he can to get that count up, JK I'm done now, back to the stretch!

Very nice jeep BTW!
Your jealous aren't you? Go cry somewhere else. You have no clue of the situation.
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #88
1990jeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #89
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped

Haha, I thought the same thing. Good luck with the stretch James. Just be prepared for the jeep to sit on jackstands for longer than your expecting and many little expenses to pop up. It is worth it in the end though.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #90
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990jeeper
The only thing I have to say is you didn't have to wheel with our group so why make all the negative comments?Anybody that has any real experience will tell you that the only bad spotting that went on there was when all of you were trying to spot somebody when there was one designated spotter for my XJ.I'm sorry my sky high XJ was too good for you but I'm glad you will not be coming back to wheel with us.I also don't have an XJ with a bunch of "Bolt on" parts.I wasn't gonna start anything and was just gonna shrug it off from that day but you had to make your stupid comments.We all got along great and had no problems once you all left except for Colton's XJ dying.
I'm led to believe your the red xj? Your jeep did fine. Yes your jeep had bolt on ad do all of ours.

Please keep the clutter out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.