Rs4race's build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rs4race's build

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #46
GeoJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4race View Post
I went to a local pain shop and they mixed the paint into an aerosol can. I had no clue before but just google auto paint store and give some shops some calls and ask them if they mix paint into spray cans. There were a few places local to me that mix. You can get your paint code in your door jam.
What does it cost to have them do this? I am thinking of doing this myself!

GeoJeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #47
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

$13 a 16oz can.
Unread 03-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #48
rkwfxd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any updates?
rkwfxd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #49
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nah not really much for updates. Today I'm gonna tie up some loose ends. Bolt the front of my sliders to the fenders, drill my tc shift bracket, redo bumpstops, and possibly trim fender flares. I've been caught up with army stuff and studying for school.

I fell into the big backorder for mt/r's with my order online so I went to a local discounttire and they are able to get them. So 5 are comin in from NC and will be here early next week. I need to seriously look into steering upgrades and regearing so I can do it on spring brake which is coming up soon.

So if everything goes good today then I will have the tt installed without spacers, bumpstops completed, sliders completely bolted up, and my drivers side door strap connected.
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #50
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok. Finished installing the UCF skid. Its the BL version, but I did it without the BL.

Heres how I made it work, Just by modifying the TC shift bracket.

Also a pic of the Rusty's rear adjustable upper arms. These are the ones with rubber bushings both ends.

The Tom woods Driveshaft.

And Advance Adapters SYE

No pics but also I drilled some holes and bolted the sliders to the fenders, also adjusted the front lower arms to fix the pinion angle, but Im gonna have to mess with it some more cause Im not happy with how its adjusted. I'll probably finish that tomorrow night or on friday. As long as I'm ready for saturday for a trip out to Evans Creek.
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Also I went down to discount tire and bought some 35" mtr kevlars. They actually had them in stock, so no backorder for me. Just have to wait for them to ship in
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #52
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also I went down to discount tire and bought some 35" mtr kevlars. They actually had them in stock, so no backorder for me. Just have to wait for them to ship in
BAH..... I called again to multiple shops this week and was told 'Maybe' in April... Nice SCORE!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #53
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

are you going to sell the duratracs? Im so glad i went with the kevlars, they are an awesome tire, haven't got stuck yet.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #54
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yep, Im selling the duratracs. If goodyear made a 35x12.5r15 duratrac I would be getting another set. I cant complain about them, they have been a great tire, on and off road. The only duratracs that are close to 35" are 305/70r17 and cost around 280 a piece. 35x12.50r15 MT/R kevlars are 206 a piece...

The duratracs are a really agressive AT, pretty much a MT thats siped like crazy. I have only been stuck with them once, they work great everywhere, mud, snow, gravel, rocks, street... I just hope the MT/R's will be just as good if not better.
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #55
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
yep, Im selling the duratracs. If goodyear made a 35x12.5r15 duratrac I would be getting another set. I cant complain about them, they have been a great tire, on and off road. The only duratracs that are close to 35" are 305/70r17 and cost around 280 a piece. 35x12.50r15 MT/R kevlars are 206 a piece...

The duratracs are a really agressive AT, pretty much a MT thats siped like crazy. I have only been stuck with them once, they work great everywhere, mud, snow, gravel, rocks, street... I just hope the MT/R's will be just as good if not better.
Just wait your in for a real treat with those MTRs, trust me you won't be disappointed.

Unread 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #56
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Went out wheelin Saturday, I had to leave early cause of an eye injury from previous days. Got it fixed tho, and while I was out I had some fun. Snow+difficult trails = interesting time. I didnt get much for pics, too busy holding onto the steering wheel. But here are a couple of pics I did get.

Stuffing those metalcloaks!

Good size group.

Ice water

Unread 03-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #57
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Also an update is in order.

If everything goes as planned, The 35x12.50r15 Goodyear MT/R kevlars will be installed friday.
To go with those I have 4.56 gears and auburn ecteds on the way. Then I have to stop by the parts store and order a cherokee tie rod to beef up the steering. Im thinking my front suspension bushings are worn out too so Im gonna look into that to see if they are bad or not, and possibly replace them.

So my plan is to:
Mount up 35" mt/r's
Regear to 4.56/ install lockers
Upgrade the steering with cherokee parts
Re-do the bumpstops
Raise/trim rear fenders

I also might get flamed for this, but I want to upgrade the headlights, and I want to get the housings with halo's. What can I say, I like the halos. I want to wire them up to the drl, Im sure they will look alot nicer than the DRL.
Unread 03-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #58
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok so got the 35" mt/r's installed yesterday, put the bikini top on and drove around. It was pretty nice out.

And today I checked for clearance, front is good, no bumpstop mods needed, the tires rub at full turn tho.

The rear will rip the fenders off if I let em. So I started hacking away, Im at a crossroad tho, Do I cut up around the fender more to get some more uptravel, or do I leave it how it is and have 1.5" of dead uptravel??
This is the question of the day....

Unread 03-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #59
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

How do you like those MT/r's, there pretty sick in person. You deff need a fender trim, looks nioce

Unread 03-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #60
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

looks really nice man!!! i love my mtr's
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.