Frame is looking great. As far as the tractor supply paint goes make sure you prep and thin with the correct stuff and let it fully cure, I have had mixed results with it myself.
Used rubbing alcohol to clean, then sand with 1000 grit, then clean. SEM etching primer on the zinc coated brackets, rustoleum primer on the axel. Didn't do any thining though. Thin it so it dries faster and more effectively? Use mineral spirits?
Naptha would be the stuff to use or the thinner from the paint company themselves, using their hardened/catalyst wouldn't hurt either. The first time I painted with it, it took quite a long time to dry. The next time I use the hardener and things cured up a bit faster. Although I have read quite a few different ways of laying this paint.
Forgot to take an "after" pic, but got em all painted and installed in the rear. They are just axel parts that are going to be covered in mud and road grime, so I'm not too too worried about the finish, just wanted the paint to stick. I wouldn't even have worried about the axels but I didn't want to get done with this project and see old brown and rusty axels sticking out from underneath. Not doing a showroom restoration here, just getting rid of rust and rot for a solid ride. Axels will probably be swapped out someday anyway. It looks like the Explorer 8.8 is the popular way to go.
After I got the rear in I realized that the reason I couldn't bolt up the front of the leafs was because I was trying to use the larger diameter bolts where I installed the smaller diameter shackle bushing sleaves. . It's bugging me and am wondering if I should bother unbolting it and put the larger sleaves in there so I can put the larger bolts in. Not much of a difference in diameter, not sure if it's worth the effort. (Yes, the rear track bar is in. All stock stuff is going back and can be modded later after some research and road use).
Had one of my bumpstops fall apart during disassembly. I drilled out the plate, used some silicone, (because I was out of liquid nails), and a drywall screw. It's on there pretty solid. Someday i'll just buy some new ones, but not necessary at this point, (on a limited budget).
Dragged my butt out there yesterday even though I was hungover and got the front unbolted, cleaned up, and painted up. Heading out there shortly to get the rest of the lift kit in and done. Then I got a decayed gas tank skid to repair and install, gas tank install, brake and fuel lines to run, gotta pick up a new parking brake assy. and install, exhaust install, and that may be about it before the new tub goes on!