The single-car-garage Resto
Sold my 5.0 Mustang
Well if you can't see it, here is a hint. The 4wd did not work because the transfer case was wasted. Look at the slack in that chain! It was wearing into the interior shell! Before taking apart the Tcase, I installed the Positive engagement kit to the front axel. That did not resolve the 4wd issue, but no loss on that upgrade.
So, ran her for a while like that, enjoying the summer. The rot on the tub was the next area of concern. The roll bar mounts were pushing through the floor, driver side floor pan just gone, seat belt mounts gone, etc. So I came across this through a buddy.
So, I got me one of these. And I got me one of those. That is a restoration job I did on that press. My neighbor's daughter gave it to me. I didn't need the press for the body work, but will be using it very soon for some frame work.
Some of the floor/rocker repair. I made a major boo boo when I cut loose the old rocker panel. The tub dropped, twisted, and tweaked about an inch in each direction when I made the last cut. A little foresight would have come in handy there. I also cut the jamb into the radius on the tub because that's where the new panel ended. I should have cut back the new panel, where the radius was done with, then I would have been working on a straight line. Hopefully somebody learns from my mistakes.
The first few pics are replacing the front driver side body mount. The second set is the body mount hidden under a brace that connects with the floorpan and the support beam running from side to side was a body mount which was destroyed. This is how I fabbed one up. Probably could have gone about it in an easier method, but didn't mind the work.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|