Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #796
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got some of the brackets tacked in today on the HP44, So far so good. Did have to modify the ruffstuff brackets a little bit to keep the factory link set up. Just had to cut the bottom corner off the coil bucket and incorporate it in with the lower link mount. Set the axle under the Jeep a little earlier and it looks like everything lines up. But won't be for sure till we get a little more hooked up..

Deuces Turdy30! Its been real!

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #797
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Seriously love the build ... Axles and wheels are awesome. Can't wait to see what you think when it's done :-)
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #798
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Great progress! Looking forward to more. Keep up the good work
Unread 03-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #799
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so had a little freak out moment this morning. Went to mount the control arms up and they were way off. I should have ordered the 10* mounts but after my short what am I going to do freak out. I knocked them off cut one side down and angled them myself. Came out pretty much perfect! Also got the passenger side upper tacked in. Taking the axle up Clemson 4 Wheel Center to have a buddy of mine that works there burn the driver side upper into the pumpkin. Im still a little worried about getting it all done but we'll see.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #800
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Went up to Clemson 4 wheel center today and the guy that was going to do my driver side upper just told me I should just run the passenger side and 3 link it so thats what I'll be doing just to get me through Harlan. Also went off to work today and came back to the shop with my brackets burned in! I know for sure the brackets aren't going anywhere so I'm happy. Will hopefully start on the gears tomorrow or Saturday then hopefully under the Jeep by late Sunday where it will sit till I get my steering.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-20-2014, 11:54 PM   #801
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 03-23-2014, 12:55 AM   #802
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the runflats trimmed down. Not as much as Id want but only had a portaband to work with. Also got them back in the tires. Let me tell y'all even trimmed down was a pain in my ***! But got them in. now just need to finish painting the rims buy some BBs and throw them together! Should have the 44 geared tomorrow too. Starting up school again this week so the amount of free time will be reduced dramatically. But will try to get the axle under the Jeep sometime and it sitting on its own weight. Steering should come in this week also so hopefully this weekend we can get that set up so I can order the stuff for my track bar. Im not going to be able to use my old track bar because of the way it is curved. I could run a non offset TB mount but would run into my passenger side upper. Luckily a friend of mine had a piece of DOM laying around that will be the right size and just enough length I can cut and use for it. Just need a axle mount and heims.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #803
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Went up to Clemson 4 wheel center today and the guy that was going to do my driver side upper just told me I should just run the passenger side and 3 link it so thats what I'll be doing just to get me through Harlan.
sounds cool.....ive done this before but most of the 3 links ive seen for sale and the one I designed as well the upper is run off the drivers mount...I guess if its gusseted it might work the same as that would prevent the diff section from trying to twist the tube... just a thought....and I have found that .035 fluxcore works great on cast....or at least ive had awesome luck with it....even better than those specialized rods, that cost a mint...

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #804
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I feel ya on not having time .. Sucks .. Makes it hard to focus on school when you just want to jeep it up
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #805
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
sounds cool.....ive done this before but most of the 3 links ive seen for sale and the one I designed as well the upper is run off the drivers mount...I guess if its gusseted it might work the same as that would prevent the diff section from trying to twist the tube... just a thought....and I have found that .035 fluxcore works great on cast....or at least ive had awesome luck with it....even better than those specialized rods, that cost a mint...
Yeah I'm sure it will be fine. Atleast get me through Harlan. After that trip, I'll start designing up a true 3 link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
I feel ya on not having time .. Sucks .. Makes it hard to focus on school when you just want to jeep it up
Oh yeah.. I'm almost always thinking up something different or how I'm going to go about something on the Jeep while in class lol

OffroadSC
Unread 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #806
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So was setting up the gears today and kinda messed up.. Had everything ready to go and was ready to press the new bearings on the carrier and forgot to put the bearing preload shims in.. So will be taking the carrier up to get the bearings pulled the right way at the local 4x4 shop. Not a huge issue just a waste of time that I don't have. Also through the axle back under and installed the springs and got some weight on them and took an old piece of pipe laying around and drilled a hole in it to get an idea of where my track bar would lay so I can order my bracket tomorrow. The axle is pretty shifted without the track bar but. The pictures are kinda deceiving but everything should line back up when a track bar is in place.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #807
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Axel is looking good ... Is your passenger spring off?
Unread 03-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #808
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Axel is looking good ... Is your passenger spring off?
The whole axle is off. Needs a track bar bad!

OffroadSC
Unread 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #809
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
The whole axle is off. Needs a track bar bad!
It really doesn't look to bad really
Unread 03-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #810
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
It really doesn't look to bad really
Oh but it is! haha

OffroadSC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.