Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #781
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

LOVE that I want one.

Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #782
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well.. Found another craigslist deal I just couldn't pass up last night. Drove up to get them today.. Was kinda saving the money for brackets buttttt.. I got them anyway lol Found a set of recentered H1s with pressed centers and rockrings. 3.5" of backspacing compared to 7". I will paint them and plan on changing the rock rings later on but leaving them alone for the time being. I'm glad I found these because I threw 2 of the tires on the factory H1s (without the run flats) I had and mounted them to the 60 to get an idea of track width and everything. I measured it out and I was going to be sitting about the same width as my stock axles with 4" backspaced wheels.

mounted up for some measurements

Non Jeep related. Got some new steering for my truck. The stock stuff was slap wore out. Went with the newer T-link set up instead of the Y-link thats on it now. This stuff is beefy!

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #783
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the clutch assembly for the Detroit yesterday. Going to try and get it back together this weekend or sometime this week. Also drove up to Carolina Driveline to get a 1310 to 1350 bastard joint for my driveshaft to work with my 60. Well picked up the joint and some new yoke straps. Got home and went down to make sure the straps were the right ones. They weren't and looked a little big. Grabbed the new joint and did a test fit and what do you know. The yoke on the 60 was a 1310. So i'll be taking that joint back sometime soon..

Detroit Part

Bastard Joint

Old TJ shaft I had laying around fit perfectly..

OffroadSC
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #784
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got a few things done since my last post. first off it was brought to my attention that the yoke on the 60 was not a 1310 yoke even though a 1310 fit. So it was off to Carolina Driveline again. They luckily had a 1310 yoke for my 60 in stock and was able to mill it down for u bolts for me, still need to pick it up though. As always a great bunch of guys up there and recommend them to anyone looking for anything driveline related. Did get my detroit back together today. Wasn't as hard as I anticipated, thought the springs were going to put up a fight but not too bad. A little grease to hold the parts together and a slight bit of force and she was together. Pulled one of the drums on the 60 too. Found a lot of mud. Going to clean it up sometime and see what I have to work with. I know its not the best but going to try and reuse everything I can. Just need to save where I can just to get me through the Harlan trip in April and after that I can replace the bad or what I took a short cut on a little better. Also ordered my axle brackets today. Called up RuffStuff and Dan the owner answered the phone to help me out. Got what I needed ordered and my questions answered happily. Another recommendation goes out to them. Ive ordered from them before. They make great solid parts and are quite a pleasure to work with. Those should be here sometime mid next week just in time for spring break when me and a buddy of mine will be putting in a ton of work on both my Jeep and his.

another un jeep related post. But got the new steering on the truck. Real happy with the new set up.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #785
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got my proper 1310 Dana 60 yoke today. Also brackets should ship out today.

OffroadSC
Unread 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #786
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Upper control arm brackets came in yesterday. Passenger mount is beefy! Even though they are from Crusty Rusty's, Im sure they'll work good. So far I'm pleased with the them but will know more when we get them on. The rest of the brackets should be on there way soon. RuffStuff sent me an email last night stating 1 or more pieces were on back order. Called them up today and found out it was just the rear leaf brackets so asked them to go ahead and send the rest so I can get started on them next week. Also yesterday was such a great day I couldn't pass up throwing the half doors on and drive a the Jeep for the day. Both me and a buddy of mine were showing up the parking lot at work lol

OffroadSC
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #787
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Cleaned up the drums yesterday and not too happy. Everything is pretty much useless. So made a phone call to my local advance advance auto and through the commercial account at my old job. I can get everything I need to rebuild them for about $225 or for around $250 I can have everything I need for disc brakes. So will probably be doing that, seems like it would be a waste to save 25 bucks.. Still don't have the money for any of it but its getting to close so its Harlan or Bust going for broke! Also brackets came in. Cant wait to get them on!

Then set it on fire.....Accidently..?

All loaded up headed to the shop!

OffroadSC
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #788
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got some work done today. Not much, got the brackets off the 60 and it all cleaned up also got some rotors on the D60 hub and them on to get an idea for what disc brackets I'll need to buy.. Every place I look tells me something different. Some say Dodge 60s need weld on and then some kits I see come with bolt on so I don't know what I need at the moment.

The right hub was just sat on the spindle. Forgot the bearing at the house so couldn't run the spindle nut down to seat it properly..

OffroadSC
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #789
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

dude!!.....oh yeah looking awesome....picked up a 89 xj waggy im gonna get started on here in a bit....just got thru ordering a Detroit and g2's for my 44 front as well as the rrc skinny 15gal fuel cell and new window rubber for my big dj...hope to have her up and going soon...I saw a really clean post of an xj crawler the other day on my face book soon as I figure out how to get vid here I think youll like....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #790
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

ok so here it is...hope you like it....not mine btw....but its awesome none-the-less....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #791
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

haha thanks! yeah and I actually just watched this on my FB a buddy of mine tagged me in a comment on it. Yeah I like that one a lot!

OffroadSC
Unread 03-18-2014, 12:58 AM   #792
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sick XJ man. You have given me about 1 million ideas for mine. Keep up the work.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #793
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberJeep View Post
Sick XJ man. You have given me about 1 million ideas for mine. Keep up the work.
Thanks man!

OffroadSC
Unread 03-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #794
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ah man, I'm really looking forward to seeing this chapter finished! Work faster!
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #795
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
Ah man, I'm really looking forward to seeing this chapter finished! Work faster!
I'm going as fast as money will allow! lol Still hoping to have it done before April 10th. So far it looks promising as long as nothing else pops up. Fingers crossed!

OffroadSC

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.