Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #721
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
I like it! Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up
Thanks man! Yeah the armor should clean it up a lot.

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #722
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the armor templates all made up yesterday and dropped them off at the fab shop.. Unfortunately there is no telling when they'll actually be done... Also got the rear bedlined. Will most likely put a modded form of the carpet back in to help cover up the shock holes. Dropped my rear driveshaft off at Carolina Driveline this morning as well. Hopefully they can just put a longer full spline slip on it to get the extra length.. That will be knocking out 3 birds with one stone. I have been wanting a solid slip on there any way, I need it lengthened and the slip on there now is locked up. But we'll see, they are suppose to be calling me later today on the final verdict..

It should be looking a lot better when I get the interior back together..

OffroadSC
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #723
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93 View Post
Got the armor templates all made up yesterday and dropped them off at the fab shop.. Unfortunately there is no telling when they'll actually be done... Also got the rear bedlined. Will most likely put a modded form of the carpet back in to help cover up the shock holes. Dropped my rear driveshaft off at Carolina Driveline this morning as well. Hopefully they can just put a longer full spline slip on it to get the extra length.. That will be knocking out 3 birds with one stone. I have been wanting a solid slip on there any way, I need it lengthened and the slip on there now is locked up. But we'll see, they are suppose to be calling me later today on the final verdict..

It should be looking a lot better when I get the interior back together..
Looks good, but couldn't you have just got some plate and cut it yourself?
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #724
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
Looks good, but couldn't you have just got some plate and cut it yourself?
I could have but the place I was going to get my steel from didn't have what I needed and wasn't going to have it for a few weeks and the place I'm having it done is cutting them with their CNC so the edges will be a lot cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

OffroadSC
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #725
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the driveshaft back today. Luckily enough for me they were able to get the length I needed out of just installing a longer full spline slip. Got it installed and and put in some old Ranchos that came off an F250 to get it home. The bushings in those shocks are shot but other then that it did pretty well.. Took it and tried to flex it out to get some proper shock lengths but couldn't stuff the rear wheel any higher.. Got some measurements and ordered some that will work. Also got some of the interior back in. Looks a lot cleaner on the inside just need the armor to clean up the outside.

OffroadSC
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #726
crockett07
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Looking great! Need to find away to utilize that extra amount of up travel
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #727
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett07 View Post
Looking great! Need to find away to utilize that extra amount of up travel
Thanks! And getting bigger tires and lowering it a bit should fix all of that.

OffroadSC
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #728
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so its been a little while since I've updated last. Been waiting on the fab shop to get my armor done. I went and dropped the XJ off yesterday to get the shock hoops braced and to get my old shock mounts cut off. Went back today to check up on it and the brace was done and they had just started cutting my armor. They also were able to cut some axle straps for my new leaf pads. To act as a u-bolts and help stiffen up the leaf brackets on the axle tube. My shocks also came in too. So will be putting in a full days work tomorrow after classes. Try and get everything done before thursday night. Going down to Durhamtown friday!

OffroadSC
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #729
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

man I miss my xj's...yours however is looking sweet..

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #730
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
man I miss my xj's...yours however is looking sweet..
Thanks man! much appreciated.

OffroadSC
Unread 10-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #731
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I like it. Now I want to go cut up my jeep.
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #732
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
I like it. Now I want to go cut up my jeep.
Thanks! Yeah it was a lot of work and there were times I had regret taking it on but now that its all coming together well worth it. Going to be testing her out this weekend!

OffroadSC
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #733
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so Im pretty much done with this project! My taillights come in tomorrow but I won't be here to get them. I'll probably get those on Saturday night or Sunday. Also will come up with a permeant cover for the holes for shock hoops and shocks to seal the inside up. Right now I just duct taped what I could lol. Also installed my pre 96 left side hand brake cable. With the stretch the factory one was too short so got a pre 96 cable and put it in. it was a little too long though had to cut the tip off and crimp and new one.. Works like a charm now.

OffroadSC
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #734
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got back from Durhamtown today. Had a blast! Stretch did great and the shock hoops are night and day from the stock position!! So far I'm very pleased with it all. LED housings came in Friday night. Still don't have the LEDs so will install as soon as I do. Don't have many pictures this weekend. If I find any I'll post them up

OffroadSC
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #735
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok so I know its been a little while since my last post.. Ran into some issues with the taillights since I got the housings. Well to start turns out the LEDs were not sent with the housings but from SuperbrightLEDs direct, so I had to wait on them for a few more days. When I received them almost a week later I went to wire everything up and they sent me the wrong connectors so had to call SuperbrightLEDs and have them send me the right ones.. Got them yesterday and started back at it. Got the driver side all hooked up and did a test before moving to the passenger side and everything worked. Get the passenger side hooked up and no brake lights, everything else worked except the brake. There was power being sent to the converter and the third was lighting up just no the LEDs. At that point I was fed up and quit with it for the night. Called the manufacture of the taillight converter I had and turns out it wouldn't work with LEDs. They gave me the part number to one that would work so ran out to the auto parts store and luckily they had one, grabbed it and finished it up.. FINALLY I get everything to work right and get it all back together, even replaced the flasher relay to one without the bulb out circuit, to stop the fast flash. Really happy with how they turned out. Also got my new left side axle shaft so hopefully can stop the leaking. I had nicked the one thats on there so cant keep it sealed. Plus now I have good spare. Probably going to stop for a little while now and start saving for the axle swap next spring. But we'll see.

OffroadSC

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.