Well, work started off quickly today. I got the axle out and on jackstands by myself just fine and started going at the welds with a cutting wheel. I got the accessible welds but a couple of them I couldn't reach...and neither could Brian's plasma cutter or small cutoff wheel. So, we decided that the only way that the welds could be taken care of would be to remove the sway bar mounts, so we hacked those off. After smoothing out the sway bar mount welds, we decided to call it a night. We're going to work on it again tomorrow....there are 4 more welds that need to be cut in order to remove the truss. Then, we'll smooth out the truss and axle tubes and re-weld the truss at a 60 degree angle to the pinion to take care of the 30ish degree pinion angle. This has been a royal PITA but must be done. In the end, I REALLY hope this axle stays true.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.