'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 04-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #121
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
then just go with the regular arms like imped and the others do!
Yea, looks as though I will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter117a View Post
I shall drink to your success!

(No really, I am. I'm drinking a Sprite right now and just said "I wish Imped luck on his build this weekend!" while at work. I'm awesome. )

CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #122
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter117a View Post
I shall drink to your success!

(No really, I am. I'm drinking a Sprite right now and just said "I wish Imped luck on his build this weekend!" while at work. I'm awesome. )
Awesome man, thanks. Let the cutting begin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Yea, looks as though I will be.

Good call.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #123
b_dolla44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

just ordered a bumper from scott "sunfire" yesterday... good guy easy to deal with... i think were making a trip to haspin in a couple of weeks of you guys wanna go.
1997 Jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 speed....weekend wheeler
1995 Harley davidson sportster. low and slow
b_dolla44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #124
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
just ordered a bumper from scott "sunfire" yesterday... good guy easy to deal with... i think were making a trip to haspin in a couple of weeks of you guys wanna go.
Hell yeah man, he's cool. So you're moving up to the noblesville area right? I'm right next door in Fishers. And I would probably be down to go to haspin, just let me know when. The truss is almost off so this will definitely be done and in by the end of the weekend. Tires monday....done monday.
Unread 04-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #125
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Hell yeah man, he's cool. So you're moving up to the noblesville area right? I'm right next door in Fishers. And I would probably be down to go to haspin, just let me know when. The truss is almost off so this will definitely be done and in by the end of the weekend. Tires monday....done monday.
Immediately go knock on some wood please Connor .

And b dolla? You're moving to Noblesville area? If so, where? PM me if you need a good realtor
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #126
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, work started off quickly today. I got the axle out and on jackstands by myself just fine and started going at the welds with a cutting wheel. I got the accessible welds but a couple of them I couldn't reach...and neither could Brian's plasma cutter or small cutoff wheel. So, we decided that the only way that the welds could be taken care of would be to remove the sway bar mounts, so we hacked those off. After smoothing out the sway bar mount welds, we decided to call it a night. We're going to work on it again tomorrow....there are 4 more welds that need to be cut in order to remove the truss. Then, we'll smooth out the truss and axle tubes and re-weld the truss at a 60 degree angle to the pinion to take care of the 30ish degree pinion angle. This has been a royal PITA but must be done. In the end, I REALLY hope this axle stays true.
Unread 04-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #127
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

We FINALLY removed the truss today. It's looking very rough, as are the axle tubes. Both will need sanding and the radii on the truss will need to be worked on. Work is done for the day on it as Brian and I have no more time. We'll get working again tomorrow and I'm bound and determined to get the axle connected back under the jeep tomorrow if I die trying. Before I went over to Brian's to start working on the axle, I got to work on the gas tank...dropped it out, removed the stock skid (which had a TON of mud in the bottom) and primed/painted the new Rokmen skid plate. I'm going to be drilling some holes in the rear crossmember tonight so that I can beef up the mounting of my bumper/tire carrier. So, by the end of my night, I want the bumper on. Overall, not a bad day.
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #128
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck tomorrow man.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #129
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks buddy...I'm going to need some prayers for this axle and truss to not only mate up alright but for everything to remain straight and true. I'm stressing hard right now. But the way I see it is I'm saving you from having these headaches when you get home for your build.
Unread 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #130
b_dolla44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

imped4now... how are the people in the fishers area???.....can i run a impact im my garage or are people gonna freak.... any advice as were to be looking...kinda wanna be close to one of the lakes. (have seadoos and a boat)....im dealing with a realtor from tucker now.... seems nice... just dont wanna live somewhere where people suck lol... oh yea, me and the fiance need to be within 30 mins of her job at keystone and the crossing..lmk if you can think of anyhting to help me out...
1997 Jeep wrangler 4cyl 5 speed....weekend wheeler
1995 Harley davidson sportster. low and slow
b_dolla44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #131
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

b_dolla44--you're talkin to the right guy. People in Fishers tend to be pretty cool, but it depends where you live. Same with Noblesville. The two lakes around are Morse in Noblesville and Geist in the northern Indy/Lawrence area (commonly called Geist area). Morse is definitely the more fun of the two....and, my parents live on the lake and may have an open spot this summer for a boat, hint hint. Keystone is about 30 minutes from the Morse area on the north side of Noblesville so no problem there. Fishers is about a 10 minute drive.

On the jeep side of things, the rear axle is done. Truss was smoothed out today and the radii were redone. Tacked in at a 15 degree angle and bolted everything up...perfect. So we started playing with the suspension a bit and cycled it from very top to very bottom....the 4 link started to shine. Throughout the entire cycle, the pinion angled remained constant and the axle only moved forward less than 1/2" from top to bottom. Cool stuff. I'm going to paint it tonight and get up tomorrow morning and install it. Tires should be in so the only thing that needs to be done is brakes again. I'm starting to feel good...I just hope all of this cutting and welding hasn't had a negative effect on the axle tube straightness factor. Guess I'll wait and see....
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #132
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Impede, you got me worried. I orded the RC2.5 along with the currie JJ's for UCA and LCA... But you said you had a crazy rear axle angle and are needing to re-weld the truss (if I read that right) is that due to your currie LCA's? Or was it something else?
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #133
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

It wasn't because of the LCAs, it was because the truss for the RK 4 link wasn't set within the adjustability limits of the control arms to get the right pinion angle.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #134
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
It wasn't because of the LCAs, it was because the truss for the RK 4 link wasn't set within the adjustability limits of the control arms to get the right pinion angle.
Ah, I see. Thanks hotrod
Unread 04-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #135
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah man, no worries. The Currie arms are great. They will give you all the wheelbase you need. My front end is actually "stretched" probably 1" forward from stock and the rear is at stock, maybe a hair more now that my uppers have plenty of adjustment.

Discount tire just called and said my tires are done so I'm on my way to pick them up...then I need to run brake lines, hook the axle up, bleed the rears, then I'm on the road. Maybe today, maybe not. We'll see how quick I am.

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.