'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #76
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I must have been delusional last night...that's what 9 hours of working under the jeep will do. Anyway, I went out this morning to measure for the driveshaft and the pinion angle looks good. I'm going to back the lowers out just a couple turns and do the same for the uppers to compensate. All should be just fine. I dropped the driveshaft off on the way to class today and will be picking it up on the way home. After that, Robert is coming over to help out with the brake bleeding process. Bolts still need tightened up but all should be completed tonight before work. Tires show up tomorrow.....YES!! This is like waiting for Christmas.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #77
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

awesome bro! I am glad things are looking up for you! I can't do anything tonight, but if you need me tomorrow night, I can come over late, it seriously wont be til around 9, but if you need help wiring the compressor, running the airlines, getting yer rear bumper back on, whatever....let me know and I'll be there

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #78
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't like being in Bloomington and missing all the fun! I hope to get back to noblesville a weekend soon to see this thing. It must be nice doing all this in at least semi decent weather though. When we did swapped my axles, the sub 20 degree temperatures kind of killed our morale.

(P.S. How do Jenna and Brandt feel about the garage looking like that? )
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #79
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
awesome bro! I am glad things are looking up for you! I can't do anything tonight, but if you need me tomorrow night, I can come over late, it seriously wont be til around 9, but if you need help wiring the compressor, running the airlines, getting yer rear bumper back on, whatever....let me know and I'll be there
Dude, I could use it in prep for Friday. I don't have to work Friday morning so I'm gonna be up late doing the last minute stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
I don't like being in Bloomington and missing all the fun! I hope to get back to noblesville a weekend soon to see this thing. It must be nice doing all this in at least semi decent weather though. When we did swapped my axles, the sub 20 degree temperatures kind of killed our morale.

(P.S. How do Jenna and Brandt feel about the garage looking like that? )
No kidding man, that sucked. And they feel fine about it...it's not their place. But, their dad is getting home on Thursday afternoon, so the power washer will be there before then.
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:06 AM   #80
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I meant wednesday night

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #81
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I meant wednesday night
That works too. Either one. I really hope the Rokmen skid shows up.
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #82
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just for you Dave.....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/cheap-timken-wheel-bearing-hub-assy-714922/
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #83
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i'll plan on seeing you wed night around 9 then, if you are still working

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #84
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Nice find! I had seen them for 80 bucks, but not that cheap.

So do we have an official hope for what day you will be all buttoned up and driving again? I am really stoked to see this thing!

BTW wish me luck, I'm writing an email to Northridge as we speak about the welds that are completely absent on the rocker guards they sold me and how they don't come close to the rivet holes from my stocker sahara cladding (whoever I spoke with originally said they should cover them). I'm hoping they are not going to be as defensive and pissy with me this time as last time when I called I was not impressed with their customer service, which really surprised me.
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #85
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So do we have an official hope for what day you will be all buttoned up and driving again? I am really stoked to see this thing!

BTW wish me luck, I'm writing an email to Northridge as we speak about the welds that are completely absent on the rocker guards they sold me and how they don't come close to the rivet holes from my stocker sahara cladding (whoever I spoke with originally said they should cover them). I'm hoping they are not going to be as defensive and pissy with me this time as last time when I called I was not impressed with their customer service, which really surprised me.
if they do, just threaten to bash them like crazy on here

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #86
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if they do, just threaten to bash them like crazy on here
No kidding! I was extremely surprised how whoever I spoke to got quite defensive and tried to shrug me off, they have such a stellar reputation on here so I wasn't expecting that at all. My opinion of them is still up in the air, it will all depend on how they treat the email I just sent/how they help fix my situation. Now to play the waiting game while I drool over Connor's pictures some more
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #87
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

In on updates. Subscribed.
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #88
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Connor, did you get any kind of deal on the Rokmen skids? What was shipping?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #89
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i'll plan on seeing you wed night around 9 then, if you are still working
Sounds good man.
Quote:

It got finished up before I went into work tonight. Brakes are done (thanks for the help Robert), nuts and bolts are tightened, pinion angles are good, everything is in. I still need to add fluids and do a toe-in, but that won't take long. Tires show up tomorrow and Amy will be there to take delivery while I'm on campus ALL DAY studying and then taking a damn exam. Such poor timing on the professor's part. And that sucks about northridge man. I hope they take care of you. Otherwise, I guess you can pause on the jet ski **** and get some sweet rockers....or maybe I'll sell you mine for cheap if you're interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
In on updates. Subscribed.
Sweet man. Order them, you know you want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Connor, did you get any kind of deal on the Rokmen skids? What was shipping?
I ordered the tummy and gas skids separately. No deals, but Dave is still a badass. The gas skid showed up today and is really sweet. I'm going to work my *** off to get it on before the badlands trip on Friday. I purchased the tummy/mml/bl combo package and then the gas skid separately on a whim...I'm glad I did. Just add it to your cart on the Rokmen site and you can check out the shipping costs there. It shows you.

ALMOST DONE!!

......for now.
Unread 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #90
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wouldnt it be funny if your tires didnt show up tomorrow as an april fools joke!!! or they were 31s!! haha HILARIOUS

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.