Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
2M views 7K replies 423 participants last post by  Imped 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I figured I should start a build thread since it's the cool thing to do, and I've got some pretty cool stuff boiling up. I'll just post some pics for now and get posting on the progress as it....progresses.

First day I got it....20 degrees, top down, doors off. Still the best day of my life.

New meats. Bye bye chrome grill cover. Thank God.

RE BB, wheelin @ the Badlands...that's the famous "Pumpkinator" behind me.

Why they call me "Float Test"....

Hittin' up the wall that James (Pumpkinator) can't do....easily.

Chillin

RC 2.5" installed...not leveled, yet. Pics of that will be up later.

@ The Badlands again...this was the "Hurricane Ike" run

Me, Jeff, and Mike(Gribbles)

See less See more
#1,990 ·
I never use compressors, I hate them. I just unbolt the shocks and sway bar and droop the axle out. With stock arms and track bar, you won't be able to get enough droop to get most non-stock coils in, especially the long-*** RC 2.5" coils over some big bump stops. I don't have that problem, though. :thumbsup:

PS, the driver side will always droop easier than the passenger side due to the track bar being at the passenger side of the axle. I always put the passenger side coil in first with the floor jack propping the driver side of the axle up at full bump. Then droop down the driver side and pop that spring in.

#2,000 ·
I actually don't need the bottom piece on the passenger side. I've got it set up for JUST that much up travel. But yes, I've already got a tapped hole in the lower spring perch.
Good to see ya again dude. Jeep looks sexy as usual. See ya in the Summer.
Likewise man.
You guys gonna make a trip here for the jeep show? Then maybe Rausch Creek
You want to pay for the gas? :D

But seriously, that's a haul. Gas isn't cheap.

#1,999 ·
You guys gonna make a trip here for the jeep show? Then maybe Rausch Creek

#2,002 ·
That is a great deal... gas would be like... IDK... Are you still getting 18mpg?

#2,003 ·
Tempting.....

I've got a crappy upstream oxygen sensor and need to put new plugs in. I'm getting about 16.5 mpg on the highway @ 60mph. I don't do much highway driving right now and most of my drives are fairly short so I'm only averaging 14.5mpg right now. But on the trip to Tennessee I managed to average almost 17mpg on the way there and back.

#2,004 ·
my downstream sensor keeps tripping and the CEL comes on but doesnt stay on long. Done it 3 times so far...i gotta replace it. Funny when that started happening...my range went from 320 (pushed) to 260...when it was on stock tires.

#2,007 ·
Why am I running at 2k at 70 or 3k with OD off? Isn't the sweet spot 2500?

I have 3.73's and 31's... But I should probably replace my speedo gear before I get to heavy into this convo.:rofl:

#2,009 ·
Well, I made a boo-boo tonight. I wanted to drop the Rokmen skid after work in order to pound out the dimple so the fuel pump would stop being over-stressed. I've dropped the tank many times--this isn't a difficult process. Well, apparently I'm an idiot. While lowering the jack, the tank got sideways, slid off and snapped my driver side rollover valve fitting, the only fitting I couldn't get to until I had the tank lower. That ROV is molded into the tank and is not replaceable or serviceable. Running without it hooked up is not an option. Sooooo I'm SOL for wheeling on the 9th unless someone local has an 03/04 tank they're not using OR I can get a fuel cell plumbed by then.

Looks good, huh?

#2,011 ·
Thanks Jeremy, but unfortunately it won't. 97-02, 03/04, and 05/06 all use different fuel line connections. The 05/06 go further to not allow cross-compatibility with older fuel pumps. So, I need an 03/04 tank. If anyone local has one that I could borrow, that would be great. Otherwise, it looks like I'll be kicking myself in the *** and ordering an RCI 2161 tomorrow. Did I mention the plumbing for 03/04's SUCK due to our weird lines? :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.