'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #751
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I didnt realize rockcrusher was smaller than solid. I thought they were basically the same. The only part that hits is the 'rib' on the top right when looking at the diff cover from head on. Luckily i haven't been wasting money on the track bars, when I first bought my jeep almost 3 years ago the front track bar was shot and i replaced it with the autozone one with life time warranty and before the new diff cover only had replaced it once. or twice But about 3 times now since last october adding the solid diff cover and decided to get a moog with a nicer bushing and TRE. Also, my jeep, at least i thought so, was already bumpstopped pretty well. Because my tires go up and literally just 'touch' my fenders on the inside but they dont hit or go any higher. I might need a little more obumpstop but just almost at ride height it looks like my track bar (near the frame mount) is real close to the rib on the diff cover as is.
-Any ideas on how important that rib is to strength? i was thining of maybe grinding that rib down and making it smaller so there is no more interference there. I dont really feel like spending more money on a different cover like a riddler or something especially since i got these on sale for 60 a piece and something like riddlers are double that. Worse case i'll go back to stock cover if i have to.

Thanks for the help and tips, Just trying to take care of these problems one by one as they come at me. Almost have my Jeep working all perfect just always finding some more little things haha I guess that how it always is though.

Unread 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #752
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Is this still with the 2.2 RC shocks? I cant remember if you had the 3.25" kit or the 2.5" kit. Not sure if the shocks are different between kits. I also assume you have hacked that gay *** rubber snubber off of the shocks? I'm curious as to what bumpstop you are using front and rear since our rigs are setup almost identical.
Yep, still running them. I have no complaints about them. I was running RC 2.5" coils with 1.25" spacers up front.....and I was still 1" low. Running only RC 2.5" coils in the rear and 3" BDS springs up front now. The BDS springs alone gave me 1" more than the RC coils + spacers. I'm very happy with the current spring/shock setup on the road but I could use longer front shocks off the road. And yes, I hacked the rubber pieces off long ago. I'm using 1" bump stop extensions in the rear. I could use another .5" but as of now, the tire only rubs the rear of the fender when under FULL bump. I'm running 3" YJ body lift spacers on the lower coil mounts up front. Between the spacer and cup there is exactly 4". I COULD hack .5" off the spacer but I didn't bother. Pictures are a couple pages back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
I didnt realize rockcrusher was smaller than solid. I thought they were basically the same. The only part that hits is the 'rib' on the top right when looking at the diff cover from head on. Luckily i haven't been wasting money on the track bars, when I first bought my jeep almost 3 years ago the front track bar was shot and i replaced it with the autozone one with life time warranty and before the new diff cover only had replaced it once. or twice But about 3 times now since last october adding the solid diff cover and decided to get a moog with a nicer bushing and TRE. Also, my jeep, at least i thought so, was already bumpstopped pretty well. Because my tires go up and literally just 'touch' my fenders on the inside but they dont hit or go any higher. I might need a little more obumpstop but just almost at ride height it looks like my track bar (near the frame mount) is real close to the rib on the diff cover as is.
-Any ideas on how important that rib is to strength? i was thining of maybe grinding that rib down and making it smaller so there is no more interference there. I dont really feel like spending more money on a different cover like a riddler or something especially since i got these on sale for 60 a piece and something like riddlers are double that. Worse case i'll go back to stock cover if i have to.

Thanks for the help and tips, Just trying to take care of these problems one by one as they come at me. Almost have my Jeep working all perfect just always finding some more little things haha I guess that how it always is though.
It really surprises me that a stock track bar is making contact with the diff cover. Personally, I don't see an issue with grinding down the rib a bit but that's just me....it's your diff cover.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #753
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Yep, still running them. I have no complaints about them. I was running RC 2.5" coils with 1.25" spacers up front.....and I was still 1" low. Running only RC 2.5" coils in the rear and 3" BDS springs up front now. The BDS springs alone gave me 1" more than the RC coils + spacers. I'm very happy with the current spring/shock setup on the road but I could use longer front shocks off the road. And yes, I hacked the rubber pieces off long ago. I'm using 1" bump stop extensions in the rear. I could use another .5" but as of now, the tire only rubs the rear of the fender when under FULL bump. I'm running 3" YJ body lift spacers on the lower coil mounts up front. Between the spacer and cup there is exactly 4". I COULD hack .5" off the spacer but I didn't bother. Pictures are a couple pages back.

r.

Roger. Thanks.

Where did you find the BDS coils seperate from a kit?

Last edited by jforse; 05-20-2010 at 03:37 PM..
jforse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #754
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can order them separately by using the part number. They are cheap and fantastic.
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #755
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably just grind that rib down. Wont hurt anything because its already dented the rib from the track bar itself .
Also How much were those BDS coils? and where did you find them. I almost wouldnt mind just redoing my suspension from the beginning starting with coils and shocks and as money comes in the more expensive parts. Especially becasue my jeep is kinda heavy with a winch and spare tire/carrier
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #756
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Front 3" springs: 034302
Rear 3" springs: 034308
bds-suspension.com
$130 shipped for the fronts.

If you get to the "kits", all part numbers are listed. Just search products by part number and add whatever you want into a cart.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #757
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Some pictures of the new arm and trimmed Rubi flares. The front flares aren't on yet. Anymore picture requests?
100_0068.jpg   100_0069.jpg   100_0071.jpg   100_0079.jpg  
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #758
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you need to hit them with some sand paper to even them up.

Edit: it does look good. We need daytime pics though.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #759
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

They could use a little more sanding but when it comes down to it, I doubt I'll be able to make them 100% perfect. I'm very happy with how they came out. The single front flare I have turned out really nice. I'll take some daylight pictures soon.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #760
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I trimmed mine awhile ago as well. I used a utility knife and smoothed it out with sandpaper. The sandpaper finished it nicely.
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #761
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now that one looks good. I think it is the turns that is the hardest.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #762
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well tonight sucked for me. At least everyone else got what they needed to get done.

While attempting to install the LED's, the hole saw bit wasn't cutting it and the mandrel bit wasn't keeping the hole saw centered. So, instead of cutting a nice round hole right where I wanted it, the hole saw wobbled all over the place and couldn't cut through, basically moving corner armor to the top of my list. I stopped and we put the factory lights back on.

Here's the best part--I started to pull the evap junk out so that we could drill on the passenger side. While putting it back in at home, I snapped a bit off of the gray valve bit. After looking, I believe it's called the "flow control valve" and is part of the fuel system. I am now unsure if it's safe to drive with this piece being broken. It also doesn't look like I can order this part from the dealer by itself. Hell, I can't find ANY info on this thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Tonight blew.
Unread 05-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #763
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks to hear man. If you are lucky, you can find it in the JY, or could bypass it and still get not codes (like Idaho Jeep did).
Unread 05-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #764
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I believe Idaho bypassed the charcoal canister, not the valve. I'm definitely gonna try to ditch the canister but the valve is needed regardless. I'm gonna try to splice new line in tomorrow. I HATE the stupid evap crap in late model TJ's.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #765
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Oh damn Imped, that sucks...I wish I had some help to offer, but I'm not all to familiar with the evap system.

Best of luck to you getting that figured out.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.