'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Currie RockJock Products!!This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes we

Unread 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #736
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
To the work, I had to go. It. He did, himself.
hahaha lol

Unread 05-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #737
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

OK, that was freakin hilarious Rod. Aussie was in and working a couple hours ago. I have air, I just don't have an air impact so I borrowed one, cranked up the pressure real good, and cranked the ring gear bolts right out. The rest is history.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #738
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

You guys suck. I was at work sitting on the crapper typing that on my iPhone so bite me.

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #739
blysccr

looks good. this thread is epic long
blysccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #740
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
You guys suck. I was at work sitting on the crapper typing that on my iPhone so bite me.
HAHAHA... don't worry man, gave us some fun and laughs lol
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #741
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
Don't push so hard, you might type better!

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #742
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Don't push so hard, you might type better!

lol noted

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #743
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered 60 LED tails and trimmed the rear Rubi flares today. I'm EXTREMELY impressed with my trim job if I must say so myself. It's almost flawless. Pictures will come.

PS, I REALLY hope my new arm/joint show up by Friday.
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #744
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see pics, and here is to hoping you get those arms by Friday Have they even shipped yet?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #745
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If it comes in on friday, bring it and the jack over, we'll put it in, and I'll borrow the jack to put in those currie bumpstops finally. lol I might even be able to put the new brakes on. We'll see.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:59 AM   #746
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
If it comes in on friday, bring it and the jack over, we'll put it in, and I'll borrow the jack to put in those currie bumpstops finally. lol I might even be able to put the new brakes on. We'll see.
I may come help. That is of course if I am invited
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #747
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
I may come help. That is of course if I am invited
Of course you are. I never mind extra hands. As long as you don't **** **** up. It's plain to see that I can do that on my own.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #748
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pics Of the trimmed rubi flares?? I would really like to try to find a stock set of flares or rubi flares for mine to trim and then paint to match the jeep. But i can't bring myself to trim the original sahara flares on it because if i mess up I basically have no where to turn. I'd love to see the new trimmed ones with some measurements on the cuts you made.I know my jeep isn't getting any taller except maybe a spacer to level out the winch but would definitely love to see a little more tire clearance under the fenders.

Also do you have any clearance issues with your diff cover and front track bar? I've got a solid diff cover and it hits my track bar at/around the frame mount. I had an auto-zone replacement on there for a while but i have gone through 4 or 5 of those because the frame mount (which i think is a TRE ) gets worn out in about 3 months. Which I assume is from hitting the diff cover and damaging both. But i just replaced it with an Advance Auto MOOG track bar I'm hoping will last longer because it seems like a quality TRE and bushings.

Oh and what about the rear diff cover, my SOLID rear cover rubs my gas tank skid right on the smooth part above where the word SOLID is outlined on it. Do you have any issues there or since your arms are all adjustable is it pulled out of the way of hitting?
Unread 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #749
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I can't wait to see pics, and here is to hoping you get those arms by Friday Have they even shipped yet?
I just called RK. Scheduled to deliver tomorrow. And it's just one arm BTW. The other one is just dandy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Pics Of the trimmed rubi flares?? I would really like to try to find a stock set of flares or rubi flares for mine to trim and then paint to match the jeep. But i can't bring myself to trim the original sahara flares on it because if i mess up I basically have no where to turn. I'd love to see the new trimmed ones with some measurements on the cuts you made.I know my jeep isn't getting any taller except maybe a spacer to level out the winch but would definitely love to see a little more tire clearance under the fenders.

Also do you have any clearance issues with your diff cover and front track bar? I've got a solid diff cover and it hits my track bar at/around the frame mount. I had an auto-zone replacement on there for a while but i have gone through 4 or 5 of those because the frame mount (which i think is a TRE ) gets worn out in about 3 months. Which I assume is from hitting the diff cover and damaging both. But i just replaced it with an Advance Auto MOOG track bar I'm hoping will last longer because it seems like a quality TRE and bushings.

Oh and what about the rear diff cover, my SOLID rear cover rubs my gas tank skid right on the smooth part above where the word SOLID is outlined on it. Do you have any issues there or since your arms are all adjustable is it pulled out of the way of hitting?
Between school, work, and a buddy's going away party, I haven't had any time to finish up the other flare or bolt the finished flare on. I'll post pictures when I get it done, which will likely be tomorrow. The finished flare looks great.

About the front track bar and diff cover--I run the Rockcrusher diff covers front and rear, which are considerably lower profile than stock. Even when I was running too-little bump stop up front, the diff cover and track bar never once met. At full bump (both sides), there was less than 1/8" between them and now that I've added another 2" of bump stop (and 1" of lift up front so I now have 1" more bump stop relative to lift height than I did with the RC coils) to prevent the tires from rubbing the fender lip, they will be totally safe. I would advise you to quit wasting money on track bars and properly bump stop the front end or get rid of the Solid diff cover. The rear diff cover and gas tank get very close at full bump but don't touch. If I had a Solid cover, they would definitely touch. It's taken A LOT of trial and error to maximize wheelbase while getting the bump stops perfectly set with no interference anywhere. When all is said and done, I'm @ 94" wheelbase with 4" of up travel up front and 4.5" in the rear with no interference anywhere. I'll take some good pictures for you after I get everything buttoned up this weekend.
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #750
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I just called RK. Scheduled to deliver tomorrow. And it's just one arm BTW. The other one is just dandy.

Between school, work, and a buddy's going away party, I haven't had any time to finish up the other flare or bolt the finished flare on. I'll post pictures when I get it done, which will likely be tomorrow. The finished flare looks great.

About the front track bar and diff cover--I run the Rockcrusher diff covers front and rear, which are considerably lower profile than stock. Even when I was running too-little bump stop up front, the diff cover and track bar never once met. At full bump (both sides), there was less than 1/8" between them and now that I've added another 2" of bump stop (and 1" of lift up front so I now have 1" more bump stop relative to lift height than I did with the RC coils) to prevent the tires from rubbing the fender lip, they will be totally safe. I would advise you to quit wasting money on track bars and properly bump stop the front end or get rid of the Solid diff cover. The rear diff cover and gas tank get very close at full bump but don't touch. If I had a Solid cover, they would definitely touch. It's taken A LOT of trial and error to maximize wheelbase while getting the bump stops perfectly set with no interference anywhere. When all is said and done, I'm @ 94" wheelbase with 4" of up travel up front and 4.5" in the rear with no interference anywhere. I'll take some good pictures for you after I get everything buttoned up this weekend.
Is this still with the 2.2 RC shocks? I cant remember if you had the 3.25" kit or the 2.5" kit. Not sure if the shocks are different between kits. I also assume you have hacked that gay *** rubber snubber off of the shocks? I'm curious as to what bumpstop you are using front and rear since our rigs are setup almost identical.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.