Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
2M views 7K replies 423 participants last post by  Imped 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I figured I should start a build thread since it's the cool thing to do, and I've got some pretty cool stuff boiling up. I'll just post some pics for now and get posting on the progress as it....progresses.

First day I got it....20 degrees, top down, doors off. Still the best day of my life.

New meats. Bye bye chrome grill cover. Thank God.

RE BB, wheelin @ the Badlands...that's the famous "Pumpkinator" behind me.

Why they call me "Float Test"....

Hittin' up the wall that James (Pumpkinator) can't do....easily.

Chillin

RC 2.5" installed...not leveled, yet. Pics of that will be up later.

@ The Badlands again...this was the "Hurricane Ike" run

Me, Jeff, and Mike(Gribbles)

See less See more
#1,841 ·
Looks like you ordered from Gerald I take it?

#1,851 ·
Conner - Just got caught up on your recent mods and I have to say that I am totally inspired to go totally flat underneath now as soon as I get my SYE this summer! The jeep is looking soo damn sexy (oh and nice lady friend too!) and excellent job on the Tierod! That's such a weak point being so low and flimsy, which that flip and "Blaine addition" rod eliminates all the negatives. I'm learning from your mods and adding to my list of things I need to do in the future, so my bank account thanks you for that!

I can't wait to check it all out at the badlands in March.

#1,853 ·
Conner - Just got caught up on your recent mods and I have to say that I am totally inspired to go totally flat underneath now as soon as I get my SYE this summer! The jeep is looking soo damn sexy (oh and nice lady friend too!) and excellent job on the Tierod! That's such a weak point being so low and flimsy, which that flip and "Blaine addition" rod eliminates all the negatives. I'm learning from your mods and adding to my list of things I need to do in the future, so my bank account thanks you for that!

I can't wait to check it all out at the badlands in March.
Thanks buddy, see you in March. :thumbsup:
I ran into the same problem and had to modify the AA bracket and dent the tub.

I'll eventually go with the cable setup as well.
Yep, it was either modify it or go with the superior cable setup. I would have had to modify the tub and bracket A LOT, more than it's worth.

#1,855 ·
Warning to others: Do the "JK floor drain mod" BEFORE you lay down bed liner. If you don't, you'll have to scrape off the mound of liner that built up around the steel plug, which isn't an easy task. I decided to use today's nice weather to clean out the filthy interior. Before doing it, I knocked out the steel plugs in the tub--2 in each footwell for a total of 8 MORE drain plugs. It makes a huge difference in ease of cleaning. Pop them out before you line the tub so that the liner lays down evenly, which will allow the plugs to sit flush to the tub when you're done. I'll hit the bare metal with a couple coats of liner tonight and all will be good.

The problem (look at the back corner plug)

Driver rear:

Passenger front done:

Passenger front with plugs:

Nothing major, just a heads up. BTW, those floorboards were completely brown under a layer of mud from Kentucky and Tennessee. 5 minutes per footwell with a hose on low and a scrub brush made it look new. Raptor cleans up really well. The extra drain holes made it much easier than before.

#1,858 ·
I finally got around to drilling out the stripped bolts in the half doors, replacing the bolts, and adjusting the doors to fit identically to my full doors. Mission complete and the full doors will be in storage until next winter.

Then I thought it would be a nice idea to air her out (don't mind the drying paint on the hinges)

Is it March yet? The armor REALLY needs to be freshened up but I'm not going to bother until we can get some consistently decent days. I'm debating on sandblasting all of the aluminum back down to bare and rockin' that for a while or just hitting all of it with a fresh coat of semi-gloss.

#1,861 ·
That's what I'm leaning toward. Afterall, it's a black jeep. :thumbsup:
That makes me miss my half doors.......and my soft top.
Yeaaaahhh....I thought I wanted a hard top. I had it for a winter and then sold it. Don't miss it one bit. Selling yours would pay for half doors and the Rampage top. :thumbsup:

#1,860 ·
That makes me miss my half doors.......and my soft top.

#1,871 ·
Because I can trim the flares up just as high for free....and yeah, I don't plan on spending anymore than CHEAP on flares due to where we wheel. I've already destroyed 3 different flares, which cost me a grand total of $75. The Xenons look nice but it doesn't give me anymore clearance at the tub, which I don't need since I'm already setup for the amount of up travel I can use back there. As for the rear axle, I've got it pushed as far back as it's gonna go. I have a Rokmen skid and at full bump, there is 1/8" between the diff cover and skid.
those xenon flares would be ripped off in about 20 minutes where we wheel
Yeah, pretty much. :thumbsup:

#1,872 ·
MountainMan864 said:
Why not go with 4'' rear xenon flares? I have a set for the rear since I found a good deal online. I too hope one day to have that clearance underneath. Can you move the rear axle back anymore without interference with the gas tank? What kind of tank skid you got?
His axle is as far back as possible with his current set up

#1,874 ·
Imped, I am so loving your Jeep's new tight abs :drool:. I want the same for mine. Ok I have read and re-read and yet I feel I am missing someting, maybe I am dense or just lazy, but I will ask.... Will you please sum up your "flat belly up mod"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.