'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 05-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #661
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BDS ftw man, You won't be disappointed with the front end flex you get out of those

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #662
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome dude, let me know when you want to do those shock towers.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #663
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
BDS ftw man, You won't be disappointed with the front end flex you get out of those
They aren't going to give me any more "flex", nor is that the reason I went with them. I have to say I'm impressed with them so far for sure. If my RC rear coils didn't ride so well and sit where I want them to, I'd go with 3" BDS rear coils as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Awesome dude, let me know when you want to do those shock towers.
I'd like to do them any time but without different fenders, I don't have much room to go up. I think I'll wait until I've got a little more room under there.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #664
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
They aren't going to give me any more "flex", nor is that the reason I went with them. I have to say I'm impressed with them so far for sure. If my RC rear coils didn't ride so well and sit where I want them to, I'd go with 3" BDS rear coils as well.

I'd like to do them any time but without different fenders, I don't have much room to go up. I think I'll wait until I've got a little more room under there.
Thats why you and I should order some steel together and play with my bosses tube bender when we have some time I can't imagine it would be that hard to whip off some tube fenders and I bet we could even do our own inner fenders without too much trouble as well.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #665
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed. We've got some practicing to do.

James, since you can lay dimes like a pro now and our buddy has a separate garage with 220 and a nice welder, let's have a learn-how-to-weld-somewhat-decently day or 5.
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #666
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

James, since you can lay dimes like a pro now and our buddy has a separate garage with 220 and a nice welder, let's have a learn-how-to-weld-somewhat-decently day or 5.
Sounds like it would be a fun day. I wish I could go play in the fancy garage.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #667
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I could teach you how to weld in that time, but it will take longer than that to teach you how to weld well. Practice is everything. I'm telling you, if you guys want to throw in, I'll get a welder and weld everything you guys want done. I just can't afford it alone right now. Think of it as a group buy. With like 6 of us, I could get that Miller 211 setup I was planning on getting before, and we'd be set. Then I could just pay you all off with cash/work.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #668
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is probably a pretty fair offer since you guys will save more in the long run.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #669
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I could teach you how to weld in that time, but it will take longer than that to teach you how to weld well. Practice is everything. I'm telling you, if you guys want to throw in, I'll get a welder and weld everything you guys want done. I just can't afford it alone right now. Think of it as a group buy. With like 6 of us, I could get that Miller 211 setup I was planning on getting before, and we'd be set. Then I could just pay you all off with cash/work.
Not a bad offer, but currently I'm content to mooch off of friend's welders right now as I'm poor as hell too . I only need a welder once in a long while and as Connor our friend said his dad just ordered a 220 wire feed of some sort, and they already have a 110 wire feed and one of those tombstone AC/DC Lincoln sticks (although none of us have ever stick welded before, so that one hasn't even been turned on, they it and the 110 welder for free last summer). Also my boss has one at the warehouse we work out of in the summer and another friend of mine has I think a Hobart 210. Basically what I'm saying is I could through down a few hundo to pitch in on one, or continue to just borrow them as needed, which will probably suffice for the forseeable future haha
Unread 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #670
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Fair nuff. Just sayin.

Unread 05-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #671
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Connor, I just thought about this but... if you have access to so much awesome welding gear, why are you asking me to show you how to weld? Do none of the people that own all of that know how? I'm just curious.

Unread 05-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #672
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Connor, I just thought about this but... if you have access to so much awesome welding gear, why are you asking me to show you how to weld? Do none of the people that own all of that know how? I'm just curious.
I'll go ahead and field this one James since the people in question are mutual friends of Connor and I. The guy I mentioned with the Hobart is the father of a girl who are very close friends with. I'm honestly not sure of his welding aptitude, I think he may have bought the welder within the last year or so specifically for the truck build he did (he just rebuilt a sweet bright orange '67 C10 pickup with a crate 350). The other welders belong to another close friend of ours and his dad, they have a detached garaged where they work on (usually) 70's British cars. But we have worked on our Jeeps a lot there as well, its nice to be able to use air tools and blast music at 1 am and not have any neighbors to piss off . Anyway, they got 110 Century wire welder and the Lincoln stick, along with an acetylene torch for free as part of a deal where we went to Cincy to clean out a garage full of old Mustang and T-bird NOS parts and a couple of T-birds that belonged to a guy who died. We cleaned out the garage and then they sold off all the parts for the estate and as part of the deal they got to keep any tools they found, which happened to include the welders and torch. None of us had ever welded before though so we have just playing around with them welding scrap to other scrap and what not. We did build a hitch hauler thing for me, I even put those tail lights you gave me on it My welds don't look all that great, but it seems to be plenty strong . Also Eli from IndyORV basically did all welding on my Rokmen DIY bumper, but he kinda taught me the basics, I only did the end caps though because I figured I would let him handle the structural things since I didn't want to see a shackle I welded go flying through someone's windshield . As for my boss, after looking at his welds on the tube fenders on his CJ, it looked to me like he could get the job done, but it definitely didn't look pretty, I'm pretty positive he's another self taught guy. So yeah, basically, we have pretty easy access to 4 or 5 different welders, but I can't say we have any teachers with any formal training in the area like you

Sorry for the novel and for the continued threadjacking Connor. And James, I'm done with this semester on Thursday, so feel free to start texting/calling me when you are wrenching and want a hand, I feel left out not having gotten a hand on the Pumpkinator yet!
Unread 05-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #673
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BTW Connor, here are those pics I took of the new springs and AR when I stopped by:

New BDS springs I believe you said this was at ride height? Also seen here is the YJ 3" body lift I had laying around for the last 2 years being put to good use, even better than its intended use if you ask me!

Fancy Shmancy Sway Bar

And for those of you who remember Connor and I referring to our little inside joke of the "Custom as F***" diff cover paint jobs we are sporting ......
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #674
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Dave, sick pictures and thanks for answering James's question. My pictures will be up soon.

James, you are now the best welder I know so that's why. You're in school for it and from what I hear, your welds are looking pretty damn sharp. I realize that it takes a long time to become a good welder but I figure a day or two certainly wouldn't hurt to get down some of the basics.
Unread 05-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #675
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm the best you know, we are all in trouble. Lol! I would be happy to show you guys though. I should be doing jerry's lift work and my inner c's this week sometime if you want to make it a point to stop by. It will depend on finals and my papers though. If not this week, then this weekend for sure.

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.