Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
2M views 7K replies 423 participants last post by  Imped 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I figured I should start a build thread since it's the cool thing to do, and I've got some pretty cool stuff boiling up. I'll just post some pics for now and get posting on the progress as it....progresses.

First day I got it....20 degrees, top down, doors off. Still the best day of my life.

New meats. Bye bye chrome grill cover. Thank God.

RE BB, wheelin @ the Badlands...that's the famous "Pumpkinator" behind me.

Why they call me "Float Test"....

Hittin' up the wall that James (Pumpkinator) can't do....easily.

Chillin

RC 2.5" installed...not leveled, yet. Pics of that will be up later.

@ The Badlands again...this was the "Hurricane Ike" run

Me, Jeff, and Mike(Gribbles)

See less See more
#1,615 ·
Thanks man.
10 actually...Slow night at work:cool:
:cheers2:
Hey how much did you end up getting for your factory front fenders. I am trying to sell my fenders right now, and I am just trying to figure out a good price.
$300. They were in great shape. They are going on a very kickass rig as well.

#1,620 ·
I love taking pictures and HDR shots are awesome. Whenever I can hitch a ride (well, at Badlands or Redbird) in the passenger seat, I love to go. The last two times I went to Badlands, I really didn't get into taking pictures as much as I did last time.

#1,619 ·
Hey Imped I have been following your thread for a while and been commenting on it as well. I have a general questions about the RC 2.5" coils. I am running 33's right now and I found a great deal on some metalcloaks front and rear with a 4" detachable flare. I have been trying to decide between either 3" AEV coils or maybe the 2.5" RC in the front. I am almost positive that I will be running 2.5" RC in the rear but I cant decide what I want to do with the front. Your comments? Sorry if I hijacked ur thread. I just know that you have been running/ran RC coils for a while and respect your opinion on them. Mine has completely changed because of your build. I always thought they were a piece of crap but now I am kinda digging them. IDK just wondering what you think. Thanks.

#1,622 ·
I use BDS 3" front springs and the rear RC 2.5" springs. I like the long unsprung length of them. I no longer use the RC front springs because they are just too soft and only sit about 1/2" over stock once worn in. They are just as long as the front BDS springs so if you're wanting to stay about stock height, the front RC springs are the way to go. I like sitting at about 2.5-3" over stock. The rear RC springs are fantastic, especially when you allow them to sit up straight. They handle weight well and seem to have a great spring rate. The unsprung length is very long as well...I can't unseat them with my current setup. The front 3" BDS springs are a bit longer than the front AEV springs FYI, I just don't remember exact measurements.
So whats next on the ol list of mods? I tried to sell my fenders maybe its just because I have an not common color. Couple dings too.
No clue. Always doing little things. I'm content with how it performs right now....absolutely awesome on and off the road. We'll see what's next.

#1,623 ·
Hey, Imped, does that mean you still have the RC 1/2" springs hanging around? I would love to lift the front about 1" to level it out some, and if there is a ride improvement at the same time, that would be amazing.

#1,627 ·
:rofl:

I just might, shoot me a PM with what you want for them. With a gain of 1", I should be able to stick to the stock shocks for now. Any deals that go down would go down next week after I get back for break. It would be a nice little project though.

#1,630 ·
thanks... where did you get your BDS 3" frt springs?

#1,636 ·
I sit at a computer all day. What can I say?
Hey thats what I do to. :laugh:

So I took your advice, the anti rock is on its way :2thumbsup:.
And I just have enough for the front arb locker, now just saving a little more so I can do the 5.39 gears at the same time.
I sold the never used hardtop of mine for $900.

Cant wait to get out there and wheel again with you guys. :rofl:

#1,642 ·
Connor, I know a junkyard over here where I got my half doors...I got them for under $200 for the pair without uppers. (a few small dents and the interior of the doors needed freshened up)

I don't know what they have currently, BUT if I have a free minute one of these weekends I can pop over there and look for ya.

Oh and they were black lol. So if I found a pair of silver half doors I would give you my black ones.

#1,643 ·
Connor, I know a junkyard over here where I got my half doors...I got them for under $200 for the pair without uppers. (a few small dents and the interior of the doors needed freshened up)

I don't know what they have currently, BUT if I have a free minute one of these weekends I can pop over there and look for ya.

Oh and they were black lol. So if I found a pair of silver half doors I would give you my black ones.
I would really appreciate that. I'll compensate you if you find a pair, obviously. Thanks bud. :thumbsup:

#1,644 ·
Ok not a problem...obviously its winter so we aren't in a huge hurry but I'll get out there one of these weekends for sure. Then if I head out that way for work (hopefully planning that trip at some point) I'll bring those suckers out to you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.