'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREERough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #601
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Why is it that everytime I see your replies, about half are answering questions related to RPMs, gear ratios, or MPG???? heehee!
classic Connor

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #602
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Why is it that everytime I see your replies, about half are answering questions related to RPMs, gear ratios, or MPG???? heehee!
Ask him about pinion angle sometime.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #603
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Ask him about pinion angle sometime.
And tire balancing.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #604
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #605
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
That's because you don't have an OD gear. 60 I'm at about 2300 RPM. 70 is about 2700 RPM. .78 OD vs. your 1:1 third gear. 4.88's are recommended for the manual transmissions, 4.0, and 35's. 4.10's are the usual recommendation for 35's and the 32rh due to its lack of OD.
Thanks again, however its too late. I could not get this answer from anyone on the board 6 months ago when I asked. What is your opinion on changing my auto to a manual?
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #606
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Thanks again, however its too late. I could not get this answer from anyone on the board 6 months ago when I asked. What is your opinion on changing my auto to a manual?
if you like to play in the rocks....dont do it

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #607
-JP-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished reading this whole tread,all i can say is GREAT JOB!!This tread has pushed me to place my order on the rc 2.5 kit with the 1.25bl and jks track bars Thanks for sharing all the info on your build
-JP- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #608
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JP- View Post
I just finished reading this whole tread,all i can say is GREAT JOB!!This tread has pushed me to place my order on the rc 2.5 kit with the 1.25bl and jks track bars Thanks for sharing all the info on your build
Might want to hold off on that RC 2.5 kit, the other day he was complaining about how much the springs had settled, I think I heard him say they were only giving him about 1" of lift up front now. I seem to be hearing that more and more from guys that have had the lift for a while.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #609
-JP-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the heads up, but i already ordered it.I hope rc warranty's them for him.How long have they been on for?
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #610
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

They've been on about a year now.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #611
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The springs are still at the same height they were at on day 1. I just never bothered to compare them to stock springs. The other day, I measured a couple fellas' 3" AEV springs against mine. The front springs (under the Jeep) measured 15.5" from top to bottom. Mine measure 13.5" so if the 3" AEV springs sit at 3", mine are sitting at approx. 1" over stock. I'm all about staying low but I would like another 1.5" or so to bring the belly up a bit. I've been very happy with the springs and shocks for since day one but the time is nearing for me to upgrade.
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #612
-JP-
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info and again great build
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #613
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
The springs are still at the same height they were at on day 1. I just never bothered to compare them to stock springs. The other day, I measured a couple fellas' 3" AEV springs against mine. The front springs (under the Jeep) measured 15.5" from top to bottom. Mine measure 13.5" so if the 3" AEV springs sit at 3", mine are sitting at approx. 1" over stock. I'm all about staying low but I would like another 1.5" or so to bring the belly up a bit. I've been very happy with the springs and shocks for since day one but the time is nearing for me to upgrade.
Gonna go to the AEV 3" springs? I just installed my RC kit two weeks ago, but I think the AEV springs will be the next set, after I do all the control arms, SYE/CV, and belly up.

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #614
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm probably going to go with some 4" Currie springs. From what I've seen, they settle to about 3-3.5" and that should give me the sexy 20" belly height.
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #615
kabowabo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Nice build. When I first read the title I thought about this ad...

...back in the day when I was in grade school my Dad and his brother saw this and decided they would put it to the test. They drove my Mom's '66 down a boat ramp at High Rock Lake. Yes a Beetle will float, but it's not water proof. There was about 2 inches of water standing in the floor boards when my Mom drove me to school the next day. Good times. Nice work.

Last edited by kabowabo; 04-11-2010 at 09:49 PM..
kabowabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.