I'm not too worried about the hood and fenders right now. When I'm bored with nothing else to do, maybe I'll change it up.
On another note, I've been going through and really cleaning this thing up recently--cutting what I didn't like off the cage, cleaning up the fuel cell plumbing, adjusting the brake booster pushrod to take all of the slack out of the pedal, sealing up the soft top seams, etc. Adding to that, I've always had an intermittent dash squeak and it's driven me nuts for a long time. I finally decided to get down to business today and I found the source--apparently, the factory decided not to put nuts on 2 of the 4 upper dash retention studs. If you pull the defrost vent strip off you'll see M6 x 1.0 studs across the width of the tub that secure the main dash structure. The two outer studs had nuts but they were loose and the two inner studs were nutless. I picked up some M6 x 1.0 nylock nuts and some washers and torqued it all down. Tight, movement and squeak free dash.