'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 342 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #5116
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
The thicker the bar the more it limits flex. The Genright rear swaybar took just about a foot of flex away on Jay's jalopy
That's mostly because of how far down the bolts were on the bar, I've put in new bolt holes and got a good bit of that flex back.

I smiled at jalopy .

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #5117
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
That's mostly because of how far down the bolts were on the bar, I've put in new bolt holes and got a good bit of that flex back. I smiled at jalopy .
From now on, I'm calling it the Jay-lopy.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #5118
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sway bar gone.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #5119
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That didn't take long

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #5120
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
That didn't take long

I've been looking to get just the bar for awhile now so I had to jump on this. I knew if I didn't get it now it would probably be awhile before another one popped up. I haven't been actively searching for one Imped's just happened to fall in my lap since I follow his build.
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #5121
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport

I've been looking to get just the bar for awhile now so I had to jump on this. I knew if I didn't get it now it would probably be awhile before another one popped up. I haven't been actively searching for one Imped's just happened to fall in my lap since I follow his build.
Nice!

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #5122
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

And just to save you some dough, use these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fkb-cf8y/overview/

Much cheaper than Currie's and so far, they're holding up great. Go to Ace for the hardware and threaded rod and order the arms and frame pucks from Currie.
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #5123
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
And just to save you some dough, use these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fkb-cf8y/overview/

Much cheaper than Currie's and so far, they're holding up great. Go to Ace for the hardware and threaded rod and order the arms and frame pucks from Currie.
Much cheaper than currie by very very far http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2492

I could get all 4 through summit cheaper than the price of just one through currie. Thanks for showing that to me.

Edit: I am noticing that Currie has right hand threads on one end and left hand threads on the other end for the link rods. Is there any reason I can't do right hand thread on both the top and bottom of the rod so I can order four of the same rod ends from Summit? I'm having a brain fart here.
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #5124
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport

Much cheaper than currie by very very far http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2492

I could get all 4 through summit cheaper than the price of just one through currie. Thanks for showing that to me.

Edit: I am noticing that Currie has right hand threads on one end and left hand threads on the other end for the link rods. Is there any reason I can't do right hand thread on both the top and bottom of the rod so I can order four of the same rod ends from Summit? I'm having a brain fart here.
So you can adjust the length without unbolt ing the link.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #5125
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Like Dan said, it makes adjusting the links a cinch since you don't have to unbolt them. But it's certainly not imperative, just like arms with RH/LH threads aren't. You won't be adjusting your links often anyway....but since you have to order some stuff from Currie anyway, you could always order the threaded rods.
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #5126
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102

So you can adjust the length without unbolt ing the link.
Yeah I know why they do it like that I was just thinking out loud as to why maybe right hand thread only wouldn't work; but it will. Like I said I was having a brain fart and over thinking things. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Like Dan said, it makes adjusting the links a cinch since you don't have to unbolt them. But it's certainly not imperative, just like arms with RH/LH threads aren't. You won't be adjusting your links often anyway....but since you have to order some stuff from Currie anyway, you could always order the threaded rods.
Since I'll be adjusting the links the initial install and maybe once more if that, I'll just do the cheaper route and get the rods locally and order those rod ends from summit. Save myself some cash for my upcoming 4 link. Thanks for the help guys.
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #5127
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sport View Post
Yeah I know why they do it like that I was just thinking out loud as to why maybe right hand thread only wouldn't work; but it will. Like I said I was having a brain fart and over thinking things. Thanks though.

Since I'll be adjusting the links the initial install and maybe once more if that, I'll just do the cheaper route and get the rods locally and order those rod ends from summit. Save myself some cash for my upcoming 4 link. Thanks for the help guys.
Just remember not all heim joints are created equal, there are cheap ones and not so cheap quality ones. Cheap isn't always the best, you have one of thoserodends break and end up poking in your tire or something silly like that, then the cheapo joint isn't so cheap anymore
Unread 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #5128
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345

Just remember not all heim joints are created equal, there are cheap ones and not so cheap quality ones. Cheap isn't always the best, you have one of thoserodends break and end up poking in your tire or something silly like that, then the cheapo joint isn't so cheap anymore
While I agree with you I'm still willing to take Imped's word for it when he says his are holding up well so far. If one decides to let go then I'll switch to Currie's links. Until then I'll take that $24 risk. Thanks though.
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #5129
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

They look and feel better than the Currie units and so far they're still tight and silent. It's not a critical part so I'm willing to take the risk and test them out.
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #5130
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome picture of a little section @ the Badlands

I'm ready to wheel. Who wants to get something on the books?

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.