'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 341 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #5101
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks bud.

Guys, I'm set on this plan. The JK 44's are happening and that's that.
I know they are Connor, was just trying to make a point for some happy viewers that different choices of axles aren't necessarily a whole lot cheaper or more expensive. I am a pretty firm believer in building it once for what you ultimately want to use it for though. Saves a ton of time and definitely some hard earned coin.

Unread 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #5102
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I understand you can build a jeep with tons. But what's it like throwing money at gas and not to mention the cost of the tires? Driving it everyday like that is a bigger cost then what Connor is trying to do. He wants it to be a drive there drive back. He got a smoking deal on tires and new front axle.

I don't have a parade to be rained on, Im just simply stating my opinions. DDing 40's is a little ridiculous and Art I don't think you would do it either. Add up all the cost and then see why Connor is building the way he is.

I understand it, and I love big jeeps and big tires. But sometimes you get another Jeep down the road. Art, you have two build jeeps, maybe Connor will do the same one day. .
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #5103
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I understand you can build a jeep with tons. But what's it like throwing money at gas and not to mention the cost of the tires? Driving it everyday like that is a bigger cost then what Connor is trying to do. He wants it to be a drive there drive back. He got a smoking deal on tires and new front axle.

I don't have a parade to be rained on, Im just simply stating my opinions. DDing 40's is a little ridiculous and Art I don't think you would do it either. Add up all the cost and then see why Connor is building the way he is.

I understand it, and I love big jeeps and big tires. But sometimes you get another Jeep down the road. Art, you have two build jeeps, maybe Connor will do the same one day. .
Kinda derailing this, but roll 37's under said Jeep and milage is ok,and makes for a good riding, good wheelin, DD able Jeep. Is about as dual use for mild to wild as you can get. Connor carry on, you knopw what you want have fun building and wheelin
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #5104
Tyler99TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tony (flatlander757) went straight to 40's and it kind of ruined it for him because he spent so much money on it and didn't get to drive it much. I think that well built 44's and 37's are a great combo. They are lighter, can fit in most garages and easier to get in and out. I bought a JK rear 44 cause I like the width, already has disk brakes, strong ring and pinion and tons of aftermarket support. I picked up a F-250 HP44 and just figuring out how to change it over to 5 x 5.5 lug.
Tyler99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #5105
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Guys, I'm set on this plan. The JK 44's are happening and that's that.
Actually, I'm completely in support of this. I see the benefit of one-ton stuff, but there are also a host of good reasons to go with JK 44's...especially under a not-retardedly-heavy TJ.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #5106
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The derailing is all the talk about what Connor should do, and not what he wants to do. Simple enough.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #5107
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
The derailing is all the talk about what Connor should do, and not what he wants to do. Simple enough.
It's an on going debate with no clear answer, it all depends on your end goal, your access to mild to wild wheeling spots. Most Jeeping can be done on 33-35" tires. When you feel a need to go bigger because of where you like to wheel then go for it. Tony took a nice Jeep, hacked it up and went wild with it. While there were not many trails available to make it worth his while, nor did he have a truck and trailer to drag it around. A set of 37" tires to swap under there for mild stuff and street driving would have made that a more suitable affair. After my first Hammers run I knew I wanted to go back for more, yet didn't want to destroy my lil yellow Jeep doing so.
So on was the search for a totaled Jeep to start my project with.
Best darn choice I made, yes it cost money, but my hobby has been worth every penny/ dollar I have spend on it. The big thing about this Jeep building is to have the skill, time, money and patience to finish it.
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #5108
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone interested in a 36" x .75" Currie sway bar? It's the bar used in the TJ/LJ front AR kits. I'll sell it for $80.

Only reason I'm selling is because I'm bumping up to a .85" bar to gain a little rate over the rear.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #5109
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Anyone interested in a 36" x .75" Currie sway bar? It's the bar used in the TJ/LJ front AR kits. I'll sell it for $80.

Only reason I'm selling is because I'm bumping up to a .85" bar to gain a little rate over the rear.
Pm me a shipped price if you want to ship

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #5110
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Pm me a price also if I had the time to cruise over to Indy I would have been able to get away in a while I could really use this
crazycollinz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #5111
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be next in line if it gets that far. I'd love to have it. Shipping would be to 74055. If you're willing to ship that is.
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #5112
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

PM'd so far......you all realize I'm selling just the bar, right? Not the arms, links, or frame pucks. Just the bar. All other components can be purchased from Currie.
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #5113
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The thicker the bar the more it limits flex. The Genright rear swaybar took just about a foot of flex away on Jay's jalopy
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #5114
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
The thicker the bar the more it limits flex. The Genright rear swaybar took just about a foot of flex away on Jay's jalopy
I'm aware. This won't limit my articulation, I promise Art.
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #5115
Silver_Sport
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
PM'd so far......you all realize I'm selling just the bar, right? Not the arms, links, or frame pucks. Just the bar. All other components can be purchased from Currie.
I am aware thank you.

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.