'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 337 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #5041
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, we'll all be there in the morning. I'll make sure to update once I find out the details. I wouldn't mind getting some b-fast at McD's before the run.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #5042
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

No problem! Sounds good, yeah I would appreciate your detailed itinerary - lol. We usually stop at the arches to go potty and grab a quick bite ourselves - that must be what everyone does though huh?
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #5043
mikaus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Connor,
I'm interested in your Jana K4 conversion. If you don't mind and when you get a chance can you post up how the install went and how much you had to grind inside the pumpkin to make room for the larger ring gear. And did you go with a 1310 pinion yoke or 1350?

Thanks

Chris
mikaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #5044
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A link is already posted. I asked a few months ago.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #5045
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Yes, I am well aware of that, Troy still owns that does he not? I was asking if you have to come in the main gate just like everyone else "attending the Badlands? If that answer is yes, I was hoping to meet up with you fella's at that particular point and time real quick. If you were to enter the Badlands later, It would be somewhat unlikely to run into you folks again.
there is a group of us camping as well. We'll be at the gate @ 9 am saturday morning, but probably be at the campground earlier I'd imagine.

And yes, that is Troys land

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #5046
WeldedUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
And for anyone with highline fenders (or just no room for the factory washer fluid reservoir) that doesn't want to pay for Rokmen's kit, here you go.....I've been looking around for something that will work for a long, long time and this thing just rocks. I picked one up for $11. It's literally perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Aftermar...3&cmd=ViewItem

I'm trying to find another one of these and can't find them on ebay. Anyone know of another source?
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #5047
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaus View Post
Hi Connor,
I'm interested in your Jana K4 conversion. If you don't mind and when you get a chance can you post up how the install went and how much you had to grind inside the pumpkin to make room for the larger ring gear. And did you go with a 1310 pinion yoke or 1350?

Thanks

Chris
The setup was a pain but we got it done. The overall geometry of the housing and the gears don't agree so the amount of shims to achieve proper pinion depth is very wacky. The grinding wasn't bad. I am using a 1350 u-bolt yoke. I just picked up a 1310-1350 conversion joint and swapped it in, along with 1350 u-bolts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldedUp View Post
I'm trying to find another one of these and can't find them on ebay. Anyone know of another source?
As far as I know, they're all out. I don't know of any other source but I can tell you that I haven't found anything even close. If you can come across one, grab it for the asking price. It's worth it.

Drove the Jeep to work this morning
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #5048
WeldedUp

Quote:
As far as I know, they're all out.
Crap.
Quote:
Drove the Jeep to work this morning
:golfclap: Congrads.
WeldedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #5049
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah. That ebay container guy is out. I bought the 3rd to last one about 2-3 months ago.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #5050
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Yeah. That ebay container guy is out. I bought the 3rd to last one about 2-3 months ago.
I picked up one in January for like $20, guess I got lucky, still haven't istalled it.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #5051
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Long story short, I'm out for tomorrow....Jeep isn't close to being ready, I don't have all the parts I need for the air line, a ton of stuff has to be done around the house before our cookout Sunday, my brother is in town, I could go on......

I'm trying to track down a weird issue with the Jeep. When under initial load from a stop, just as the clutch is let out, I get some sort of drivetrain clunk like something is winding up then letting go. It only happens when the drivetrain is good and hot (after a good drive on the highway). With the Jeep parked and in gear, I can grab the rear tire and while moving it back and forth I feel some ratcheting. But with it in neutral, it's smooth. Given that, I don't believe the problem is in the diff. It's either a transfer case or transmission issue but I'd like some thoughts from others.

Also, does anyone have a good source for small diameter (<2") body mount bushings? I need to add two more body mounts under the rear channel but don't have much room. The tub has been making its case for a bit more support with some very annoying creaks.
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #5052
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Long story short, I'm out for tomorrow....Jeep isn't close to being ready, I don't have all the parts I need for the air line, a ton of stuff has to be done around the house before our cookout Sunday, my brother is in town, I could go on......

I'm trying to track down a weird issue with the Jeep. When under initial load from a stop, just as the clutch is let out, I get some sort of drivetrain clunk like something is winding up then letting go. It only happens when the drivetrain is good and hot (after a good drive on the highway). With the Jeep parked and in gear, I can grab the rear tire and while moving it back and forth I feel some ratcheting. But with it in neutral, it's smooth. Given that, I don't believe the problem is in the diff. It's either a transfer case or transmission issue but I'd like some thoughts from others.

Also, does anyone have a good source for small diameter (<2") body mount bushings? I need to add two more body mounts under the rear channel but don't have much room. The tub has been making its case for a bit more support with some very annoying creaks.
Hockey pucks dude, just run a 2" hole saw through them.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #5053
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well that sucks man!

I'd say it's in the tranny. Even though the tranny is in N, the transfer case status hasn't changed, so if it was in the TC it would still do it even if the tranny is in N or D I would think.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #5054
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It probably is the transmission....it's a loud bastard and now that the diff is nice and quiet, I can hear it loud and clear. I have been keeping my eyes open for an AX-15 or NV3550 locally but so far, no dice.
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #5055
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How tall does your body shim need to be? Cause if not to tall you could get a sheet of poly and just use a hole saw.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.