'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 302 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #4516
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post

I think griff was taking about having a good motor in your jeep already to make a stroker rather than buying a running engine to make a stroker or buying a crate stroker motor. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. No need to be condescending, we are all jeepers here. Cheers.
That's what I was meaning. It can be a tired 4.0l cause it will need to be punched to 30x.

Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #4517
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Stroker, eh??
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #4518
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Really thanks for giving me engine building 101.
You want me to break it down for you, cause I can. You put the 4.2l crank. Stock rods with the 4.2l pistons.
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #4519
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gentlemen, enough.....

Go discuss strokers somewhere else. It's been progressively moving up the list but it's still not high enough to consider right now.

Next subject.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #4520
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Imped I noticed you are thinking of trying out the Duroflex joints. When do you think you'll do this swap/review?
Are you really thinking about swapping your JJs over to Duroflex joints? Guess I need to read up on them.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #4521
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm swapping over to them to test them and to quench my curiosity. They'll actually have to be better than JJ's for the switch to be anything but temporary. I'm simply doing it to do it.
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #4522
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I probably missed it, but did you modify the height of the front spring mount? I was thinking of raising mine 2" to run a 4" coil and still stay at the 2" lift height that I am at now and like running at.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #4523
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Send me that link and we can discuss this in private. And just cause I misquoted the correct part doesn't not by anymeans I don't know how to build a motor.
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #4524
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post
I probably missed it, but did you modify the height of the front spring mount? I was thinking of raising mine 2" to run a 4" coil and still stay at the 2" lift height that I am at now and like running at.
The upper mount is unchanged but I don't run spring isolators up there. The lower mount is not factory and is as low to the tube as I can get it. It's probably 1/4"-3/16" lower than stock. So I gained about 1" up front, which is consistent with my frame height being what it is. Overall, the Jeep sits at 1.5-2" over stock with taller springs than that.
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #4525
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post

The upper mount is unchanged but I don't run spring isolators up there. The lower mount is not factory and is as low to the tube as I can get it. It's probably 1/4"-3/16" lower than stock. So I gained about 1" up front, which is consistent with my frame height being what it is. Overall, the Jeep sits at 1.5-2" over stock with taller springs than that.
How is the ride without the isolators...do you notice any additional road noise or vibration? Maybe items a moot point with your rig being at the point that it is, but I'm curious.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #4526
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure there is a very small difference but I didn't notice it. That's what the body mounts are there for.
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #4527
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Give me a few days and I'll try and come up with a build/price list about both options we talked about today, as well as some performance estimates with both.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #4528
2fst4you
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I cant remember did you stretch the front at all or just the rear? Wb is at 101" so that mean rear was stretched 7 inches..... When you going wheeling I want to see how this new setup works!
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #4529
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What did you ever do with your rear frame?? do you still have it? if so i'd be interested in the tnt cross member off of it if that would be possible.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #4530
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Talking of the duroflex joints, aren't you running jj's on both ends of your links? If so have you thought of running JJ's on one end and duroflex's on the other. If nothing else, long term ride comfort should be greatly reduced. and according to Metalcloak flex won't be hindered much if at all.
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.