'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #31
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was most certainly a beaver....and quite an elusive one at that

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #32
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

ROKMEN vs. stock.

Much work ahead.

Lookin good....

SYE done.

Got the Currie arms in. RK rear uppers on the bottom, Currie lowers in the middle, front uppers on the top.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #33
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: Pulled the HP D30 today. It's extremely clean and it appears that the donor XJ never saw road salt. The vehicle had 212,000 miles on it but looked great. I had actually just decided to scrap the HP idea but decided to go with it when I saw the great condition of the HP D30. Yes!!
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #34
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking good man. What brand SYE is that? AA?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #35
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

no JB conversions....standard

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:22 AM   #36
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Connor, what are you doing for your speedo calibration? I ended up going with the Dakota Digital box. It's only 80 bucks as opposed to the other more expensive options I had.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #37
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

He doesn't need to, the little black thing on his SYE is where the speedo gear is housed, it's only on the really short SYE's that don't leave enough room for the speedo gear and you have to do something like the Dakota Digital route.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #38
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
He doesn't need to, the little black thing on his SYE is where the speedo gear is housed, it's only on the really short SYE's that don't leave enough room for the speedo gear and you have to do something like the Dakota Digital route.
Correct. I'll honestly probably just leave it be until I decide to buy a new gear. I have a decent sense of speed so it's not too high up on my list.
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
I was thinking that he might be in the same boat as me. That's why I asked. I didn't realize the standard still had the speedo gear.

Unread 03-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #40
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: Ordered the brakes today. Centric rotors front and rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads in the front and Greenstuff in the rear. The axles are heading down to Sunfire Offroad on Monday morning, pending the Dana 44 turns out straight.
Unread 03-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

where did you order your brakes from? Cost?

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #42
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
where did you order your brakes from? Cost?
thepartsbin.com. Great prices.

UPDATE: Some good news and bad news. I took the axles to Sunfire for gears today and stopped to get the D44 checked for straightness first....it was scheduled so I had planned on it. Long story short....one side was off by 1/8" and the other side a bit less. This is from the bearing caps to the end of the tube. The owner of the shop heated the tubes and allowed them to cool. Afterwards, the side with the larger difference cooled to about 1/16" off and the other side just inside of 1/16". So, I'm gonna take my chances and run it.
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #43
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Locker switch and RockCrusher diff covers ordered today.

Just ordered the KM2's from casanova4x4 as well. It looks like literally EVERONE and their brothers are out of stock of the 35x12.50x15s (and probably other sizes as well) except Carlos. If you need these tires, get them now or it will be a while before you can get any. Just give Carlos a call and he'll hook you up. Should be here by Friday!!

Last edited by Imped; 03-24-2009 at 11:35 AM..
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #44
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When is this going to be done? Sounds like a great setup! Jeep and the girl

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #45
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to pick up the axles Friday morning and will be working on them that day...hopefully get the front done and rear measured for the truss and driveshaft. Get the driveshaft cut on Saturday or Monday and be on the road that day. The Centric/EBC parts showed up today and they are SWEET.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.