'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #3001
jose_p_adams
1997 TJ Wrangler 

stethescope?

jose_p_adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #3002
gtxracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks a lot Steve.

Merry Christmas everybody. Picked up a Hobart 190 this morning.

Nice My girlfriend bought my HH187 for christmas last year Looks like the 190 can weld 1/16" more.

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm pretty pumped about the new machine....the HH187 always got great reviews and this just replaced it so I shouldn't have any complaints. I'll be running it off the dryer socket in the mean time since it's just right next to the garage (electrical boxes are as far away as you can get), so I've got to get that figured out. I'm sure James can give me a hand with that.......

Welding is freakin' addicting. Now I can do it all the time.

I'm tossing around the idea of building a second HP30 with WJ knuckles and custom steering/track bar out of heat treated chromolly linkage. I'll only do it if I can figure out how to get the front end pushed out at least 2". And a 3 link mid-arm at the same time.....Just thinking outloud........the rear end has had plenty of attention while the front has just been doing its thing with zero issues. It needs to be rewarded somehow.

Oh, by the way
I wired up my welder to run off the dryer outlet in my garage. Let me know if you need help.

2-3" front stretch is possible without moving the steering box. See my build soon for an example
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #3003
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

2-3" is NOT possible without some serious modification and/or sacrifice of performance unless you move the box. If you've found a new method then please share, but your **** better be correct before touting it as the solution. That means straight coils. Proper shock angles, and proper steering geometry. If that is right, then awesome, if not, head back to the drawing board.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #3004
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Exactly why I wanted all my sye parts ready to go. Aussie is nice...on dirt!

When is this POS going to be ready for Attica? Get your rear anti-rock in? My sye is in & she's ready for some action.
Aside from a tweaked front drive shaft (nothing new), no rear sway bar, and the sound that's probably nothing, it's all good. Unfortunately, I've decided that there are just too many great games on Sunday and that's what I'll be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post

2-3" front stretch is possible without moving the steering box. See my build soon for an example
I'll keep an eye on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
2-3" is NOT possible without some serious modification and/or sacrifice of performance unless you move the box. If you've found a new method then please share, but your **** better be correct before touting it as the solution. That means straight coils. Proper shock angles, and proper steering geometry. If that is right, then awesome, if not, head back to the drawing board.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #3005
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
Jimmy, from all my calculations and measurements prior to my front mid arm. I came out with a solid 2" stretch. Or it was all just smoke and mirrors. Maybe I lost all that wb from those short arms. But, they were maxed out also. And my ride height really never changed. My coils are straight up and down. My shocks mount at the very back of my axle side CA mount so they will be straight up and down. Before measurement from bottom of fender to center of ball joint was 22.125. After measurement is 24.250.~ my front DS is also maxed out with a HP44 which has a longer pinion.

Just sayin..... guess i am some kinda damn houdini..... :mystery:
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #3006
gtxracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
You should do more research and less web wheeling, Fab Police. What are you gonna do? Huff and puff and complain on facebook? Beat it nerd.
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #3007
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you want to *****, take it to PM's. I've already got way too many pages in here.

GTX, James is my friend. Lose the attitude.
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #3008
gtxracer

Quote:
If you want to *****, take it to PM's. I've already got way too many pages in here.

GTX, James is my friend. Lose the attitude.
Then you should remind your friend that he's in no position to tell me what I need to do...even on the interwebz. I came in here with some good information and have the sources to back it up. Your "friend" came back with attitude and I let him know his place. If you don't like what happened you should speak to him because I did nothing wrong.

Carry on
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #3009
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sooo, did you get your rear Anti-rock yet?
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #3010
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Sooo, did you get your rear Anti-rock yet?
And will you be mounting it in front or behind your rear axle?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #3011
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No rear AR yet. Will probably mount it behind the axle.
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #3012
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think everyone needs this reminder....

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #3013
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_p_adams View Post
stethescope?
What doctors use to hear your heart beat. They use them to hear noises and what not in automobiles as well.

The fixing of straight coils and shocks can be helped with something of this sort.
http://www.sinisterfabworks.com/shop...aspx?itemid=63
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #3014
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lolz sorry Connor. Forgive me for asking for proper proof because I'm tired of seeing hackjob **** get cobbled together. Albeit a bit strong for some people.

You missed a good day. The cage and interior are back in. While the cage is not completely buttoned up, it's close enough to sit and make vroom vroom noises.

On a side note, remember when you were messing with the MML and hit the tranny line or something somewhere? The UA was full of tranny fluid and when we lowered the jeep it poured out. Lol so I get to take it back apart and figure out where the hell it's coming from. Lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #3015
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
... and when we lowered the jeep.
I knew it!

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.