'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #16
1997_Sport

Thats a bad *** jeep man, and it flexs like crazy. What lift are you going to try to run with ur 35's u plan on putting on. I didnt think i saw it on the plans list if i did my bad.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Totally forgot to ask yesterday...

In the 7th pic of the first post. It's the RC 2.5" lift, is that with or without the body lift you make mention of? Flexes really good it seems, any rubbing? Extended bumpstops?

That's all for now. That pic had pretty much sold me on what I would like to do with my platform and 31s.

JT
funky_boss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

All I have now is the RC 2.5" with 31s, along with JKS sway bar links and track bars front and rear. I've added 1" up front to level it out, but that crazy flex picture is without them, at Interlake, no rubbing, enough bumpstop JUST to prevent rubbing (1" if I remember correctly). Those springs are nuts....slightly softer than your normal jeep spring, but long. It's like a slinky. I'm not running a BL yet, but will install the 1.25" JKS for the 35s. I have 7" between the edge of the fender flare and edge of the tire now. With 35s, I'll have 5" between them, so I'll add the BL in order to prevent rubbing. I'll also be trimming the edges of the fenders off by 1.75". With tires, I plan on jacking one end up to see if I can make the tire rub...If it does, then I'll add some bump stop. I'm planning on keeping the jeep nice and low with lots of diff and belly clearance. I'm very confident that it will work incredibly well. Up travel will be kept, ideally, at 4", since really, that's all that's needed. Down travel and clearance are more important to me, and the 2.2 shocks provided with the kit have some serious travel and built in bumpstops, allowing them to "bottom out" with no harm done. Wonderful shocks.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: Things are moving along quite nicely. All of the big stuff is here, except the Currie arms and HP D30. I still need to go pull the HP D30 out of an XJ at a junkyard, so once I do, both axles will go to the sand blaster. After that, they will go the Sunfire Offroad for some 4.88s. Then it's truss welding time. The JKS BL and MML are on because I had some time last weekend and decided to get it done. It's in its goofy stage right now, with about 4" of lift (2.5" + 1" spacers up front, 2.5" in the rear, 1.25" BL) on 31s. Wheels were ordered--just 5 Cragar soft 8s--from summitracing.com for $211 shipped! Pictures will come when I really get working.

PS--If anyone is interested in the stock side steps, track bar, steering, etc., just PM me. I would be glad to sell any of it. And, if you want to call dibs on some very little-worn 31x10.50x15 BFG M/Ts, PM me. I would be glad to make someone a deal. And they are still at 90%. Good day!
Unread 03-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey, Rod needs that track bar so he can send his back to pro comp so they can replace it, and so then he can sell it and get a JKS

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: Work has begun. The Jeep will be parked until the job is complete. I'll be driving my dad's Ford Ranger until things are finished. Next on the list is finally pulling a HP D30, getting the axles sandblasted by a local guy with GREAT prices, and then hauling them down to Sunfire Offroad for some 4.88 gears. The Currie arms were ordered today and the tires will be ordered after gearing. I can't wait to be done with this!

PS--tires and wheels were sold. I picked up my friend Dave's (dmcastino) stock tires just so the jeep could be sitting on rubber....needless to say, it's a great look.

The Cragar soft 8's. Simple, cheap, look good.

The quadratec floor mats...just in case anyone was wondering.

The powedercoating is already coming off of the Smittybilt tire carrier/bumper (my only complaint...doesn't help that I banged it on some rocks quite hard at Interlake) so I'm going to have it sandblasted then will prime/paint it. Should look very good. Overall a very functional, tough bumper for a great price....and it looks really good, too.

ROKMEN. Nuff said.

27" tires on 2.5"/1.25" BL....and yes, those are 1" spacers up front.

The Rubi 44.

The warzone.

The closet....Superior & JB conversions & Rock Krawler, OH MY!!
Unread 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

that closet is modded better than my jeep......for now

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #23
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I still love the fact that he calls his jeep float test.

I've decided to name Jerry's jeep El Penguino. I haven't told him yet.

Keep up the work on that build Connor, let me know how you like that Rokmen TT.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #24
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I'm diggin El Penguino....muy bueno.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #25
WsRpAoNrGtLtEjR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvincentx View Post
Cute Jeep and Nice Girlfriend..

... or Cute Girlfriend and Nice Jeep..
X2 on the girlfriend....Oh and the Jeep I'm getting the RC 2.5" lift this summer, and after seeing you're flex I am even more excited. Keep up the great work!
WsRpAoNrGtLtEjR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You forgot an important pic!

And you can't forget the most caption-able pic from the Hurricane Ike Run!

(See far left)

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #27
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ahhh, how could I forget? Thanks Rod.
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #28
Vassago
@hot_beef_sundae

2001 XJ Cherokee 

he's inspecting! damn if she was my girl errr jeep yea jeep, i'd inspect quite a bit

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #29
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What was it we decided? You had a beaver stuck in your grill?

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

"Excuse me ma'am i need to check the undercarriage"
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.