'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #196
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well guys, I'm fresh out of ideas. I got the new wheels mounted today and put 8-9ish ounces of air soft beads in there for balancing. The wobble is still there from 45 on up and is especially bad between 50 and 60, then slows down a little after 60 but is still there. I had my alignment checked at Firestone on their digital rack and everything is in spec. I'm totally out of ideas. Again, everything is straight, tight, good to go. Nothing is worn, especially enough to cause my symptons. Add more beads? If anyone has any smart ideas, please tell me. This is getting to be very expensive and time consuming and I can't keep doing it.

Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #197
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Well guys, I'm fresh out of ideas. I got the new wheels mounted today and put 8-9ish ounces of air soft beads in there for balancing. The wobble is still there from 45 on up and is especially bad between 50 and 60, then slows down a little after 60 but is still there. I had my alignment checked at Firestone on their digital rack and everything is in spec. I'm totally out of ideas. Again, everything is straight, tight, good to go. Nothing is worn, especially enough to cause my symptons. Add more beads? If anyone has any smart ideas, please tell me. This is getting to be very expensive and time consuming and I can't keep doing it.
dude.....really? does it feel the exact same?

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #198
bgoman
2002 TJ Wrangler 

just to clarify....thats a 2.5" suspension and a JKS 1.25" bl and 35's? Any problems with rubbing or flex? Im lookin at the same thing, actually the same tires and body lift lol
bgoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #199
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoman View Post
just to clarify....thats a 2.5" suspension and a JKS 1.25" bl and 35's? Any problems with rubbing or flex? Im lookin at the same thing, actually the same tires and body lift lol
Both imped4now, and gribbles are running approx 2.5"-3" lift, 1" BL, and 35"s.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #200
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
damn dude that sucks. hows the steering dampner? i had all sorts of problems then saw that it was leaking real bad and replaced it then everything was fine
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #201
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Steering dampener is brand new.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #202
AlTheKillerr

what about the tie rod, track bar, drag link? any of them bent up?
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #203
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

New tie rod and track bar, drag link is good, new ball joints, control arms, and axle UCA bushings.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #204
AlTheKillerr

damn. i say add more BBs then

what about a bent axle shaft? ive only seen it on the rear but maybe the front would act the same and wobble. . .
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #205
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I guess the BBs finally took, and has greatly reduced the "shimmy" in the steering, He drove it to school and it was doing it, after school he headed over to gribbles place to they his 35's to see if that changed anything. By the time he had gotten there, it had stopped.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #206
AlTheKillerr

oh. thats interesting. glad it worked out then. my next suggestion was to just get a new jeep

i know my tires arent perfectly balanced and i get a slight shimmy at about ~45 then its gone. gonna take it back to the shop and toss some more weights on it so its gone. the 35" KM2 balanced out better than my 33" A/Ts
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #207
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

There is no "finally took" with BB's. Either they work or they don't. Either you are going fast enough for centrifugal force to push them into the low spots or you aren't. There is nothing more complicated to them than that. It's physics.

Either way, I'm glad the shimmy is gone.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #208
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
There is no "finally took" with BB's. Either they work or they don't. Either you are going fast enough for centrifugal force to push them into the low spots or you aren't. There is nothing more complicated to them than that. It's physics.

Yeah its just BB's spinning around, its not like they seat themselves in the tires or anything so it must have been something different. But hey, as long as its not doing it anymore, then there is no problem! Hopefully everything just needed to settle in a little bit, I mean Connor, you did replace or even redesign just about every piece of suspension in the Jeep, it might need a little time to break in .
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #209
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoman View Post
just bump stop accordingly I love my set up, perfect for the trails I run

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #210
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post

I'm just repeating what Connor said.

Quote:
Penis inches...

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.