'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 130 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #1936
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those pictures are great. Nice hood. kinda looks familiar.

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #1937
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Imped,
What front fender are you running? Do you trim out some of the hood to fit does fenders?
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #1938
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I believe he is running the Rokmen HiLine, and yes the hood does have to be cut.....

http://www.rokmen.com/armor-protecti...flare-206.html
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #1939
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

That hood wasn't cut. It was customized by Hendrix.

See below

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ro...style-1012297/

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #1940
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics of you doing that wall Imped! I have a ton of photos and vids but I lost my damn media card, so I'll post them up once I find it!

BTW, that jeep on the left in the background looks awfully familiar

Unread 03-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #1941
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I started reading this thread a while ago but got distracted with ski season. Started rereading it from scratch today. I am speachless, Simply Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I use BDS 3" front springs and the rear RC 2.5" springs. I like the long unsprung length of them. I no longer use the RC front springs because they are just too soft and only sit about 1/2" over stock once worn in. They are just as long as the front BDS springs so if you're wanting to stay about stock height, the front RC springs are the way to go. I like sitting at about 2.5-3" over stock. The rear RC springs are fantastic, especially when you allow them to sit up straight. They handle weight well and seem to have a great spring rate. The unsprung length is very long as well...I can't unseat them with my current setup. The front 3" BDS springs are a bit longer than the front AEV springs FYI, I just don't remember exact measurements.
I hope you don't mind me picking your brain, but early on you had gone back and forwth between the RC, Nth, Currie coils and ended up with the BDS (fronts, RC in rear). How did you end up with the BDS over Currie? With the BDS and RC setup, do/did you still have the 1" spacers in? Also, recently you threw the RC back up front, did you leave them in or was it just a coil comparison? Last question, after you went to the flat skid, where did your pinion end up?

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #1942
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the compliments Wilson. Here's the scoop--I put the RC front springs in JUST to see how the stance was and to see how tall they actually were. I was having a hard time believing that they actually sat as low as I thought they did. After putting them in, the front end sat exactly 1" lower than with the BDS springs. So I ran them for a while, including the last trip to Attica, to see if they would sag at all and they are still sitting right where they were a couple weeks ago. I'm going to continue running them because 1) the stance is perfect with them, 2) they are long as hell and won't unseat, and 3) they match up incredibly well with the Bilstein shocks. The ride is awesome. I prefer a bit of a rake with the highline fenders so I'm happy with the height. I'm thinking that the BDS springs initially gave me 4-4.5" and then settled around 3", thus skewing my original estimate of how high the RC front springs sat compared to stock. I'm thinking they are about 2" higher than stock at ride height....but the great thing is they are 4" longer than stock. They are slinkies. SOOO, I'm running just the RC 2.5" springs (no spacers), 10" travel Bilsteins in the rear, 12" travel Bilsteins in the front, with 5" of up travel at each corner.

In other news, the jeep is painted and reassembled. I removed all of the armor (including tailgate), cleaned up the tub and painted it with Rustoleum semi gloss. I did the same with the armor. Everything is dry and sealed up and turned out really nice. I also put my trimmed Rubi rear flares back on just for something a little different.

Armor off, tub painted:

Corners and a rocker guard:

Finished:

While I was at it, I wanted to get rid of the charcoal canister and to simplify that passenger rear corner. I took out the whole assembly, removed the canister, ran the single hose, and then started thinking of the best way to mount it. I ended up scrapping the assembly bracket alltogether and also removing the shelving in the tub. The two remaining pieces of the evap system are now just bolted to the front plate. Simple, clean, and much more available space.

Before:

After:

Shelving removed:

Painted:

Bolted up:

No CEL, nothing is different. There's a ton of room back there now and nothing to hold mud. I can now easily fit the tail light in so that it fits totally flush, as well. This will make running a fuel cell and stretching the wheelbase much easier now.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #1943
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Make me a believer Connor. I want to believe! I want rid of that evap **** so bad. lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #1944
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just read through your build (over a couple of days lol). I like your jeep a ton man! Im lovin my rampage!!
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #1945
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks JC

James, it's doable man. Very doable. We'll get it taken care of.
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #1946
yarmish
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is looking sweet Imped..You have inspired me to do more with my Jeep. Just outboarded my rears today and ordered 12" bilsteins for all 4 corners
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #1947
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarmish View Post
Jeep is looking sweet Imped..You have inspired me to do more with my Jeep. Just outboarded my rears today and ordered 12" bilsteins for all 4 corners
Awesome man, you'll love them.
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #1948
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, Your Jeep looks brand new again. So sexy in the Rock-Rod black.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #1949
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looking great man!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #1950
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you gentlemen, it really does look good. I think I'm done wheeling this thing.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.