'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #181
winter117a
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well worth the wait! I love how clean and simple it looks! Great job!

winter117a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #182
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
GOT IT!! I just criss crossed the tires (front left to rear right, etc.) and that did it. So, I know the culprit was probably both front tires now. I got her up to 70 without a movement in the steering wheel. Putting the "bad" tires in the back makes them pretty much unnoticeable. But, I still want them to be balanced correctly with some beads.
thats awesome Connor, good to hear bro. Lets Wheel!

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #183
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good man. I'm happy for you. Sad I missed being able to help out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #184
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter117a View Post

Well worth the wait! I love how clean and simple it looks! Great job!
Thanks man. I'm glad to be done. I don't want to touch a wrench for a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
thats awesome Connor, good to hear bro. Lets Wheel!
HELL YES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Looks good man. I'm happy for you. Sad I missed being able to help out.
Quite alright man. I'm looking forward to your build.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #185
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can't wait to see how those 35's float.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #186
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did a little lone wheelin yesterday out by some local power lines....the tires did great. The holes were still DEEP (almost up to my headlights in one) but I didn't get stuck....got very close twice. I need to get the locker wired up. I went back to discount tire for the third time today and had them start from scratch on my tires. My guy there said he guaranteed me he could get them right if he could put the weights on the inside and outside. I said go for it. After that, it's still not right. It's actually worse than when I brought it in. So that's enough of the weights. I'm going to go buy some beads and have them do it. My guy said he would break the seal for me to drop them in.
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #187
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

jesus, i bet its those rims man.....mine balanced fine, ive heard plenty of horror stories of steelies not balancing properly, if the bbs dont fix it u should have crager replace the rim.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #188
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
jesus, i bet its those rims man.....mine balanced fine, ive heard plenty of horror stories of steelies not balancing properly, if the bbs dont fix it u should have crager replace the rim.
I've been thinking about that, but at the same time, I don't think it's the rims. Why else would everything balance out perfectly on the high speed road force machine? I just think it's the guys at Discount not taking their time. Everything is perfectly smooth up until 45ish, then it gets a little wobbly. It's bead time. If it's still ****ty after the beads, then I'll dig deeper.
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #189
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, it's the rims....two, yes TWO, of the cragars are bent. There's the problem. I'm fed up and am going to get some MB Wheels Razor alloys ordered from Discount tomorrow. Those guys have been awesome and very helpful. My guy there is hooking me up with a very good price as well. Pictures to come.
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #190
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/pr...hp?wheel=Razor

Icky chrome. Good luck with the new ones man.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #191
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/pr...hp?wheel=Razor

Icky chrome. Good luck with the new ones man.
It should be obvious I don't like chrome. They are brushed and look very good. I got a good look at one today. If I don't like it, I'll paint them black. They are super light and feel really solid...and they won't be bent. If you were having the troubles I'm having, you'd be stoked about these wheels too.
Unread 04-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #192
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I hear you. I went through a million possibilities when looking at wheels for my build and ended up deciding to keep the ones I've got. I'm definately painting or powdercoating them though. There will be nothing silverish on my Jeep when I'm done.

Unread 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #193
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hear you. I went through a million possibilities when looking at wheels for my build and ended up deciding to keep the ones I've got. I'm definately painting or powdercoating them though. There will be nothing silverish on my Jeep when I'm done.
Good call man. I was just really tired of my stock wheel's look. These look really good and if they don't, then I'll paint them. Then they'll look like aluminum soft 8s.
Unread 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #194
soundersfc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. i love using good ol' spray paint on my jeep parts also. cheap and easy to repair trail scratches!
soundersfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #195
soundersfc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundersfc View Post
Looks good. i love using good ol' spray paint on my jeep parts also. cheap and easy to repair trail scratches!

I'm running black Ultra Wheels, and when I scratch up the rims from riding trails, just use a little black touch up paint on them and they look brand new! ... well almost
soundersfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.