'rock crawling go-cart' or something - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #136
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Yeah man, no worries. The Currie arms are great. They will give you all the wheelbase you need. My front end is actually "stretched" probably 1" forward from stock and the rear is at stock, maybe a hair more now that my uppers have plenty of adjustment.

Discount tire just called and said my tires are done so I'm on my way to pick them up...then I need to run brake lines, hook the axle up, bleed the rears, then I'm on the road. Maybe today, maybe not. We'll see how quick I am.
Good news! Thanks Imped

CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #137
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up the tires (all 5!!) and wheels this morning from Discount and got the front two on....holy **** sweet. I've got a surprising amount of room between the fender and edge of tire--9". Trimming those things off really made a difference. I still need to finish up the rear but have class today so that won't happen. Wednesday is looking like a good candidate for things to finish up.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #138
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got the brake lines ran and the axle in last night. Pinion angle looks perfect and everything lined up fine. However, there were a few issues, naturally. The breather tube threads in the D44 were junked up so I had to run a tap through them and even then, they weren't great, but the breather bolt managed to thread in. After getting the axle in, the shocks were hitting the spring perches because of the pinion angle so I'm going to clearance those later today. That should finish up the axle end of things. The gas tank and new skid need to go in and that will be a PITA to do by myself. I'm still thinking it will get done tomorrow. Pics to come.

EDIT: Rod, thanks for your help last night....hope you had fun drinking Guiness cans and partying with those random 18yo girls.

Last edited by Imped; 04-07-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #139
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got the brake lines ran and the axle in last night. Pinion angle looks perfect and everything lined up fine. However, there were a few issues, naturally. The breather tube threads in the D44 were junked up so I had to run a tap through them and even then, they weren't great, but the breather bolt managed to thread in. After getting the axle in, the shocks were hitting the spring perches because of the pinion angle so I'm going to clearance those later today. That should finish up the axle end of things. The gas tank and new skid need to go in and that will be a PITA to do by myself. I'm still thinking it will get done tomorrow. Pics to come.

EDIT: Rod, thanks for your help last night....hope you had fun drinking Guiness cans and partying with those random 18yo girls.
I'll be home friday and can help with the tank and skid (especially if it includes girls and guinness) if you feel like waiting that long.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #140
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If it takes that long, then for sure. But, I need to get this thing on the road so I'm gonna work my *** off before work tonight in order to get things done.
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #141
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, keep plugging away man!
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #142
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

18yo girls and guinness?? why wasnt I clued in

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #143
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #144
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got the gas tank and skid fully installed before work tonight (no leaks!!) and am going to try to finish up tonight. The brakes need to be bled and the spring perches need to be trimmed. Then, it's time to tighten things up and take her out for her maiden voyage without vibes. I've got everything else done...front is toed in and tightened up, tires on, spare is on, rear axle is in, gas tank is in, I think I'm getting close....
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #145
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I got the gas tank and skid fully installed before work tonight (no leaks!!) and am going to try to finish up tonight. The brakes need to be bled and the spring perches need to be trimmed. Then, it's time to tighten things up and take her out for her maiden voyage without vibes. I've got everything else done...front is toed in and tightened up, tires on, spare is on, rear axle is in, gas tank is in, I think I'm getting close....
Why are you trimming the spring perches? I ask cause, as you know, I too am going:
-currie LCA's
-currie UCA's
-33eng skid
-2.5" RC lift
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #146
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

I need pictures!
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #147
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
Why are you trimming the spring perches? I ask cause, as you know, I too am going:
-currie LCA's
-currie UCA's
-33eng skid
-2.5" RC lift
you wont need to, the only reason he did was because of his RK 4 link, the pinion angle rotated the axle upward, which created contact between the rear shocks and the spring perch.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #148
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ View Post
-currie LCA's
-currie UCA's
-33eng skid
-2.5" RC lift
I'm trimming it because the pinion had to be rotated high enough that the shock is now making contact with the spring perches. It's easy man...just a cutoff wheel job....and I have a Rokmen skid, not 33eng.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarr_TJ View Post
I need pictures!
Soon grasshopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
you wont need to, the only reason he did was because of his RK 4 link, the pinion angle rotated the axle upward, which created contact between the rear shocks and the spring perch.
I would have had to trim them regardless of the 4 link....it's because of the high pinion angle, not the rear upper setup.
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #149
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm trimming it because the pinion had to be rotated high enough that the shock is now making contact with the spring perches. It's easy man...just a cutoff wheel job....and I have a Rokmen skid, not 33eng.

Soon grasshopper.

I would have had to trim them regardless of the 4 link....it's because of the high pinion angle, not the rear upper setup.
it is because the height of the truss. The 4 link is set up higher than standard uppers would be, they are on a more level plain, which means more rotation from the axle to change the pinion angle. that upper 4 link doesn't have much play in it. tons of guys run tummy tucks and adjustable uppers without having to do what you are doing. In this situation the 4 link (mainly the truss) combined with the TT, is the reason for the extreme angle.

regardless, it is not a difficult task, and is not a big deal for anyone to have to do.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #150
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
Ah I see now. TY
Quote:

Soon grasshopper.

I see. Yea, can't wait for pics man.

Tags
4 link , back half , bad cell pic's , batman , custom , garage queen , hendrix custom hood , indyorv , killer sa 4 link , ocd , pimpest jeep ever on 35s , rokmen hi lines , suspension calculator , the chit chat thread , the dark knight , tits , titties dawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.