'rock crawling go-cart' or something - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

'rock crawling go-cart' or something

Alright guys, I figured I should start a build thread since it's the cool thing to do, and I've got some pretty cool stuff boiling up. I'll just post some pics for now and get posting on the progress as it....progresses.

First day I got it....20 degrees, top down, doors off. Still the best day of my life.

New meats. Bye bye chrome grill cover. Thank God.

RE BB, wheelin @ the Badlands...that's the famous "Pumpkinator" behind me.

Why they call me "Float Test"....

Hittin' up the wall that James (Pumpkinator) can't do....easily.

Chillin

RC 2.5" installed...not leveled, yet. Pics of that will be up later.

@ The Badlands again...this was the "Hurricane Ike" run

Me, Jeff, and Mike(Gribbles)

Last edited by Imped; 06-08-2010 at 12:44 PM..
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hurrican Ike run

She likes gettin dirty

Interlake Run (amazing)

For those of you wondering how the RC 2.5 flexes

PLANS:
Rubicon Dana 44 rear w/locker
Superior shafts
HP Dana 30
4.88s
35" BFG KM2s
JB Conversions SYE w/ CV shaft
Rock Krawler 4 link rear conversion
Currie double-Johnny joint adjustable control arms
Rokmen Tummy tuck, gas tank skid, engine skid, steering box skid
JKS 1.25" BL and MML
Some fender trimming
Other little surprises....

Most of this stuff has already been ordered or is already sitting at my house. I'll take pics as things arrive. Work will begin soon, with most being done over my spring break, starting March 13th. Plenty of other little things have been done since I got the Jeep. All can be seen in my profile.
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Hittin' up the wall that James (Pumpkinator) can't do....easily.
I could do that wall in my sleep, when I had more than 20% tread on my steet tires with stock suspension, and when it's dry outside. F U man. F U in the A with a D.

I love that you call your Jeep Float Test. When I originally said that, i never thought it would stick. Hopefully you guys have some stuff to work on when I get home. You'll make me feel bad for having everyone's help, and not being there to help you guys. Course, I'll only feel bad until I'm climbing over a mountain and laughing because you guys used to make fun of my stockness. And you will be the ones not keeping up.

Keep up the good work bro. I'm looking forward to getting home and getting back at it with you guys.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
xvincentx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cute Jeep and Nice Girlfriend..

... or Cute Girlfriend and Nice Jeep..
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I could do that wall in my sleep, when I had more than 20% tread on my steet tires with stock suspension, and when it's dry outside. F U man. F U in the A with a D.

I love that you call your Jeep Float Test. When I originally said that, i never thought it would stick. Hopefully you guys have some stuff to work on when I get home. You'll make me feel bad for having everyone's help, and not being there to help you guys. Course, I'll only feel bad until I'm climbing over a mountain and laughing because you guys used to make fun of my stockness. And you will be the ones not keeping up.

Keep up the good work bro. I'm looking forward to getting home and getting back at it with you guys.
I have a feeling Connor and I won't have much trouble keepin up bro

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post

Thanks man, can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvincentx View Post
Cute Jeep and Nice Girlfriend..

... or Cute Girlfriend and Nice Jeep..
The latter works better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I have a feeling Connor and I won't have much trouble keepin up bro
Hellz yeah.
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I noticed in the pic on your driveway you have the TC drop on. Was it necessary?

Did you have to relocate the track bars?

Reason I ask is, I'm looking for a similar stance that your rig has. 31" and the 2.5" RC lift.

How's the ride?

I really like your vehicle. Not too much, not too little, just right.

Well done.

JT
funky_boss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_boss23 View Post

Well done.

JT
Haha, funny thing is it is about to go through a drastic change

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
Haha, funny thing is it is about to go through a drastic change
Yeah, I read that somewhere in his post.

I should have clarified, it's just right for what I'm trying to accomplish with my jeep. Just looking for a capable vehicle to take me places no one else can get to without comprimising too much as it is my DD.

JT
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_boss23 View Post
I noticed in the pic on your driveway you have the TC drop on. Was it necessary?

Did you have to relocate the track bars?

Reason I ask is, I'm looking for a similar stance that your rig has. 31" and the 2.5" RC lift.

How's the ride?

Well done.

JT
Yes, for me it was necessary. I am not a fan of vibes and they were minor, but it was necessary. Now, the full inch was absolutely unnecessary and I ended up replacing those spacers with less than 1/2" of washers. Those spacers became my seat risers. I don't have stock track bars anymore...JKS on both ends. For me, because I'm OCD about that stuff, it was necessary. I'm keeping my front JKS track bar and the rear will be sold to gribbles because I won't need it anymore....4 link. The ride is EXCELLENT. Keeping the control angles low is key to a good ride. I have 3.5" up front and 2.5 in the rear. It sits nice and level, but I don't have any current pics of it. I'll take some, along with all of the parts that have been showing up, soon. If you do go with the RC 2.5 (I would), get some 3/4" spacers for the front. It makes a big difference. Thanks for the compliments. At first, this was my stopping point because I knew it would look damn good and do well off road. But, it obviously didn't stop there.
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply imped4now. There's too much dicussion in the RC thread to keep me reading. Thought I would get right to the point, hence asking you directly.

My Procomp shocks are on their way out so I'm starting to do some searching on different setups.

I really like the stance yours has. I'll be working with a similar platform.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/lh/photo/...eat=directlink

Can you or anyone kindly describe driveline vibrations? I hear/read all about them but with no real description of what they are. I understand the concept, but "feel"?

Thanks,

JT
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You'll know if you feel them. Some will have them, some won't. Just make sure to know exactly how "smooth" your jeep feels before you install the lift. Nice color, btw.
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #13
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

it is a vibration you cannot mistake. In most situations you will only feel it in certain rpms or speed, it is bad for the drivesafts and makes for an unpleasant drive, that said, I have a slight vibration around 48-52 mph due to this, but will be taken care of soon. Some times it is very slight, other times much worse, every jeep is different

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to watching your progress imped4now.

JT
Unread 02-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #15
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Parts that are in my posession:

Superior D44 shaft kit
RK 4 Link and truss
JBC SYE

The Rokmen stuff (tummy tuck, steering skid, BL, MML) is on its way and the Currie arms will be ordered next week. Then it's time to pick up the HP30 and get working on the axles. Current pics of the jeep and parts to come, but I gotta leave for Chicago! If anyone is from the area and knows of some good bars (cheap) that would be awesome.

Imped out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.