Ring and Pinion help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Ring and Pinion help!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-31-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
redcjhornet84
1984 CJ8 

Ring and Pinion help!!!

I Just picked up a wide track Dana 44 to swap in to the rear of my 1984 Cj8 Scrambler as a replacement for my turd of an AMC 20, The D44 has 3.07 R&P and the Dana 30 I'm keeping up front (For the time being) has a Nasty 2.73 R&P!

I've never swapped gears, I have decided on Yukon Gears 4.11 R&P. so really I need to know what else I need to purchase to do the complete swap!!!

Will I need new spider gears for the D30? A new carrier? Im putting a yukon Grizzly locker in the Rear D44 with the 4.11s I need help with some advice on how to do it and what else to buy!

Any help is appreciated!!

1984 Cj-8 Scramber with 2006 4.0

4" Lift

33" Tires

Poison spyder BFH front bumper with Brawler Bar

Metalcloak Overline Front fenders

redcjhornet84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

with that many questions about setting up gears( and not even the hardest part). I have a feeling that you should have it done. Buy the time you gather the specialty tools and the knowledge to do it right the first time. It may save you money in the long run. Do it wrong and you will buying much of what you need all over again.

You can do it , you will need to learn how and buy the tools. i really do not think anyone here is going to do a step by step. since there is a wealth of this on line.
Unread 08-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
redcjhornet84
1984 CJ8 

I don't need a step by step so much, what with all the threads I've been reading, I just can't seem to find info on required parts/tools
redcjhornet84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.