Rescue Mission Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Rescue Mission Pics

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 04-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Rescue Mission Pics

Well, i got a call from a club member that he had rolled his YJ in a creek and had to abandon it over night. He needed some help getting the jeep back home so we headed out this afternoon. Here are some pics, It was a interesting recovery to say the least.

making the squeeze to get into postion

front veiw

trying to pivot the jeep around so i could get a pull from the side

got it sideways

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

after it was on all fours it was time to get back around so i could tow him out. I had to go over the same spot that rolled the other jeep so i actually had to lay may jeep over on to his in order to get by

closer veiw

starting our trip back home

Unread 04-28-2004, 11:18 PM   #3
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cool pictures! looks like it was a pretty exciting rescue. Too bad the jeep had to sit out all night with water running through it
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
Markus

I'm no fan of people running their vehicles up and down waterways. It's bad for whatever lives there. Particulary if a vehicle tips over and spills fluids while sitting there overnight.

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
I'm no fan of people running their vehicles up and down waterways. It's bad for whatever lives there. Particulary if a vehicle tips over and spills fluids while sitting there overnight.
i am very sorry i offended you Markus. I should have thought about your opinions before i went out to help a friend. This was on private property that he obtained permission to access. Next time I go out wheeling i will pm you with the details for your approval ok?

Accidents happen, we got his jeep out of there as soon as possible, get over it.

Tim
Unread 04-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #6
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj
i am very sorry i offended you Markus. I should have thought about your opinions before i went out to help a friend. This was on private property that he obtained permission to access. Next time I go out wheeling i will pm you with the details for your approval ok?

Accidents happen, we got his jeep out of there as soon as possible, get over it.

Tim
Now you're just being silly. But if you really want me to help your friends make environmentally sound decisions have them PM me and I'll help

Seriously though, if you can't take criticism don't post pics. Or simply disregard my post if you don't agree with what I have to say

Anyway, good job on the extraction. Perhaps your friend will now think twice about running a river-trail.

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2004, 03:26 PM   #7
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I went through the water too please forgive me markus
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

Looks like a fun little place! I need to get out and wheel! This things been a street rat for the past few months!!!

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2004, 02:44 AM   #9
qadhafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
Now you're just being silly. But if you really want me to help your friends make environmentally sound decisions have them PM me and I'll help

Seriously though, if you can't take criticism don't post pics. Or simply disregard my post if you don't agree with what I have to say

Anyway, good job on the extraction. Perhaps your friend will now think twice about running a river-trail.

Please note my finger. After I crossed, I clubbed a few baby seals.

You sound like a hippy. Are you sure you drive a jeep? Or maybe it's just a honda hybrid with a trail rated badge on it.
[FONT=palatino linotype][COLOR=darkred]But hey, WTF do I know? I kick Hippies for fun.[/COLOR][CENTER]'94 Green Sahara 4.0 I6->6" lift;33's on AR767's;Big Daddy Offroad Bumpers; TJ Flares, Warn X9000i, 6 KC's, some other stuff....[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=darkred][FONT=palatino linotype][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59124]FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB FOUNDER[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR] [/CENTER][CENTER][COLOR=darkslateblue]H2RT Lives[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288603959]Anderson Creek Farewell [/URL][/CENTER][/FONT]

Last edited by qadhafi; 04-30-2004 at 02:48 AM..
qadhafi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2004, 05:41 AM   #10
ShadowJeep

cool recovery job

Hey Tube....good job

You came --You Saw--You conquered.

I would have you for a wheeling buddy anyday!

ShadowJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2004, 03:23 PM   #11
nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhafi

You sound like a hippy. Are you sure you drive a jeep? Or maybe it's just a honda hybrid with a trail rated badge on it.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

uummmmm Markus may be one of the very few here that has not crossed some kind of a waterway........

[COLOR=darkred]Follow Me To Certain Death Jeep Club Member #10[/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red]RED JEEP MEMBER #91[/COLOR][/B]
nikon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2004, 04:11 PM   #12
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like fun man... well, except for the guy who's jeep was laying on it's side.
Unread 05-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #13
jeeptoplesstx

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhafi

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH...That was great...well said...

Anyways, what flipped him? It didnt look like that extreme of an angle for such a modded rig...was there something we cant see there? And what happened to the engine that it wouldnt run? Did he get it all running again now? Glad that he didnt get hurt and that you were able to get him out...Happy Jeeping...
Unread 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM   #14
qadhafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

uummmmm Markus may be one of the very few here that has not crossed some kind of a waterway........
There's no waterways to cross if you're a webwheeler.
[FONT=palatino linotype][COLOR=darkred]But hey, WTF do I know? I kick Hippies for fun.[/COLOR][CENTER]'94 Green Sahara 4.0 I6->6" lift;33's on AR767's;Big Daddy Offroad Bumpers; TJ Flares, Warn X9000i, 6 KC's, some other stuff....[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=darkred][FONT=palatino linotype][URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59124]FOLLOW ME TO CERTAIN DEATH JEEP CLUB FOUNDER[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR] [/CENTER][CENTER][COLOR=darkslateblue]H2RT Lives[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[CENTER][URL=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288603959]Anderson Creek Farewell [/URL][/CENTER][/FONT]
qadhafi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2004, 12:18 AM   #15
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptoplesstx
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH...That was great...well said...

Anyways, what flipped him? It didnt look like that extreme of an angle for such a modded rig...was there something we cant see there? And what happened to the engine that it wouldnt run? Did he get it all running again now? Glad that he didnt get hurt and that you were able to get him out...Happy Jeeping...
he rolled because he was side hilling his jeep where i am driveing in this picture

It is steeper than it looks, after that picture i actually layed my jeep over on to his windsheild/hood. I have the white paint on my rollbar to prove it. Since the jeep set over night on its side we just wanted to get it home and check out the fluids. We figured why risk damage so we just pulled him out. Once we got it home, we checked the fluids and it is good to go, i think we are going wheeling in a few weeks, so i better get our route OKed by Markus first

Since we are going wheeling again in a few weeks i will probably have some more roll over pics to share once we get back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.