Reclaiming the Chromed out Rubi - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Reclaiming the Chromed out Rubi

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 05-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #61
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
There is something to be said about the look of a stock Rubi
To many its just the fact it has "Rubicon" on the hood and when people hear that their impressed along with those great looking moab wheels, but they don't know any features or what their capable of like we know lol, but there is something to be said about all wranglers, from the SE, X, Sport, Sahara, Rubi, they are all unique stock too

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #62
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlin View Post
nice!!!

If i may ask if you were not aloud to mod youre other jeep severely what is going to make this one different..doesnt ur mom get pissed

I still spy mudflaps! hehe
She does get her panties all up in a bunch, but I have a couple things that are going on soon to make it better. She got all pissy today because she finally noticed the side steps were off (and they have been for a week ). She just doesn't understand. She will let me get a proper set of rock rails once I sell the tubes and rubi rockers though. The money I will get from selling the hard top will also go towards mods since that is already Jeep money.

And yes, the mudflaps will stay for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuKon44 View Post
I see two things wrong in both pictures, first off the passenger side vent visor is broke, and missing a piece and secondly your gas door cover is on wrong, just saying lol, just bustin your balls
You neglected to mention the passenger side windshield frame (I will explain more when I get my surprises on) As for the gas cover, I actually did that to be different. I think it is just different that way. I don't really care about the rain guard though. It was like that when we got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
There is something to be said about the look of a stock Rubi
Isn't it great. It just has a little bit of attitude. Hopefully I can make it a little more pronounced this summer. I might have a lead on something special for the stance.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #63
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

there is no attitude with mud flaps luckrider!!!! NONEEEE!!!!
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #64
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

or fuel doors put on backwards

Unread 05-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #65
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've seen in your sig, and though I would just post here, but you can use bolts for the door surround knobs. I used two in the front at one point when I had my CB mount in there. With those you know no one will take them, and you can just carry a wrench to take them off.
Unread 05-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #66
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I actually have them ziptied into place right now. It works fairly well, I and I think I am going to forget the search.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #67
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks better without the steps doesn't it? I remember when I took mine off my TJ the difference looks incredible.

Rubicons are cool, but when I was out yesterday we saw you can buy a nice rig but that doesn't mean you know how to drive... a dude in a red Rubi got stuck in some mud and just kept spinning(slowly... like not even trying to get out)... then he tried reversing a bit, he moved back about 2 ft and got stuck again, went forward and tried going around a tree... but instead he hit it and got stuck in mud again.

A guy with a winch drove his big CJ down there to pull him out, well dudeman in the Rubi didn't want to get mud on his shoes and didn't get out... the guy in the CJ got out with a CAST on his left foot and hooked him up and pulled him back... then Rubicon guy drove backwards and kept driving backwards for about 15ft even though everyone around him was yelling him to STOP when he went about 8ft back. He kept going and hit a tree with the back Then guy in the CJ got out, got his winch line off and left. Rubicon guy took the bypass to get off

If you ever come down here, I'll give the guy at Starr Motors a call and see if we can play out back some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #68
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds great. You have to be a major ****** to do that. I wouldn't wear sneakers I care about if I know I am going to play.
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #69
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am thinking of maybe swapping the Rubi flares for a regular set some time this summer. What do you guys think? I like tread hanging out, and the Rubi flares look like they hang down more to keep proportions (could be wrong there... that is just what it looks like). Here is a pic to show just how much the stock tires sit in when flexing. There are no coverage laws here in NY.
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #70
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

I personally think you should get yourself a set of regular TJ flares and trim them 2" in the front and a around an 1 1/2 in the rear, that way it will look much better and give your jeep the flex it needs for now plus it will look lifted. I like the thread hanging out but not ridiculously, it gives it that jeep look. Im not a fan of the Rubi oem flares, but that's just what i would do. It would be a nice little project.

Unread 05-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #71
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

oh and to answer your question about proportions and what not, yes the stock rubi flares hang about a half inch lower or so, to the jeepers it is noticeable. BTW, how far are you from the NY border Binghamton area, im about 45 miles south of Binghamton in PA. We should meet up???

Unread 05-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #72
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is what I thought. I think I might do that some time this summer (that is weird today since I took my last final yesterday (Monday), but it is only half way through May). I really like the trimmed flares too, and you are right, to Jeepers, it is noticeable. I also like how trimmed flares give that extra lifted look.

Edit: The MT/Rs keep the entire sidewall under the flares. Even if they stuck out a tad it would be better.
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #73
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm actually a fan of Rubi flares, hence Jerry's old Rubi flares are going on my Jeep. I'll be trimming them a bit different than mine are now, though.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #74
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I'm actually a fan of Rubi flares, hence Jerry's old Rubi flares are going on my Jeep. I'll be trimming them a bit different than mine are now, though.
Well... they are smooth unlike the texture on the stock flares, and they just seem so big.
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #75
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Well... they are smooth unlike the texture on the stock flares, and they just seem so big.
I like the smoothness. And yes, they are big but once you trim them, you'll still have an extra 1" over factory flares but they won't look nearly as big. After running mine for so long, I'll be glad to have the extra 1". Flinging mud everywhere gets old fast. I'll be trimming mine in the next couple days so just wait to see how you like it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.