Reclaiming the Chromed out Rubi - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Reclaiming the Chromed out Rubi

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #136
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
3, maybe more if I get a masters.
Guess I'll check back in three years on this here "non-build" build thread.

Unread 11-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #137
1997_Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
No need for an excuse for every ribbing you get man. We're all just jokin
Eh, no we aren't.

Build thread with building or nothing!

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #138
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Any updates?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #139
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not really. The Jeep failed inspection for having a small ring of rust around the rear rotors (both a matching... I say it is normal, tech says because they have been audited recently it fails so there are new rotors and pads sitting in the garage. I am going to bleed the system and add fresh fluid while I am at it. Other than that, nothing really going on. It will most likely get new rubber before winter. I am either thinking the treadwright MTRs, Duratracs, or MT/R Ks. The Kevlars are going to be about $1k mounted and balanced which sucks so I might stay away from them. Gonna have to look into prices and sizes more when it gets closer to needing tires.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #140
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yep. I'm gone for 3 months and still no lift or mods.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #141
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Of course not. Lift isn't coming until I get out of this house and I am not sure exactly when that will happen whether it is a few months or a few years. Tires should at least be before the winter. I might be able to swing wheel spacers and increasing the size of the tires depending on what I go with, but 31"s are kind of the largest I can really go. I might be able to get away with 32" though.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #142
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Luckrider, I will by you a budget boost if you put 32's on it. Then you just have to address shocks. My only stipulation is that you wheel it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #143
1997_Sport

Quote:
The Kevlars are going to be about $1k mounted and balanced which sucks so I might stay away from them. Gonna have to look into prices and sizes more when it gets closer to needing tires.
For 31s?

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #144
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is for 5 though. I need a new spare. It was on a 5 tire rotation.

James, that deal made me There is a possibility the Jeep will finally get wheeled properly. There is a guy who works with my dad that has a ZJ IIRC and he knows of a couple of places. If we can go, that would be really great. There is also a possibility of a switch around in my life. I am just not really happy with where it looks like it is going by studying computer science in an ivy league rated school : IF things go one way, I might end up going with my own custom pieced together lift when I get the chance. If not, it will go that way in a couple of years when I get the chance.
Unread 05-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #145
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the front BB spacers, what is your address.
Unread 09-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #146
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Luckrider where are you!

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #147
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm Here!

In case anyone is interested, this is what I have done with the Jeep since my last update:

New rotors and pads in the rear (with fresh fluid and bleed) to get it to pass inspection in May. There was a 1/4" ring of rust around the edge of the rotors because the pads were still like new and the bevels at the edges of the pads hadn't worn down. The idiot decided to fail me for that and my 3rd brake light which worked. My mom made be replace the rotors for fear of safety Still need to readjust the parking brake which isn't tight on the driver side.

Oil Changes, last one was back in April with 85,000 miles. Next one in about 1000 more miles at 90,000.

So... that means nothing is new since that is all above. The MT/Rs are cupped in the rear (they were the fronts), and the outer edges are worn. I need to do an alignment before I get a new set of tires which I will probably need after winter. Right now the Rubi is getting driven back and forth 1 hour each way as my dad takes it to work, and I am driving my mom's WK2 to class each day. My dad's truck is sitting on jack stands while we fix the tranny. I put about 750 miles on it last weekend (left Thursday from Newburgh to Syracuse, then from 'Cuse to Binghamton to visit friends). That was about 2 tanks worth of gas (a little less than that... about 34 gallons) which wasn't so bad considering the amount of miles driven. Supposedly that is 20-22mpg at 80+mph... I don't know if I believe it.

So yeah, not much going on. The Jeep is getting driven, my dad and I wheeled it a little in the rocks over down by the Hudson River a couple weeks ago (legal btw, secondary parking lot that we went into.... there is a ledge climb you can take to get into it) but nothing serious. I almost convinced my dad to go to RC the Wed. after my B-Day, but we had other things to get done. If I had known and could have gotten people out, my mom would have let me go on my B-Day.
Unread 09-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #148
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A Step Forward!

Just sent money to BESRK's PayPal. Getting another rear bumper like the one that was on my last Jeep. Lead time was supposed to be 12-14 weeks, but there is a chance that it could be shipped Monday since another customer put a project one hold. Timing success.
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #149
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
A Step Forward!

Just sent money to BESRK's PayPal. Getting another rear bumper like the one that was on my last Jeep. Lead time was supposed to be 12-14 weeks, but there is a chance that it could be shipped Monday since another customer put a project one hold. Timing success.
A REAL update!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #150
Rubicon14

ill trade you my custom rubicon for your stock one!
Rubicon14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.