Recently Purchased 2000 Cherokee Classic (Project?) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Recently Purchased 2000 Cherokee Classic (Project?)

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
UnionTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet XJ! Have a thread for the WK?

UnionTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football47 View Post
Okay I'm sending you my Jeep to trick it out lol nice job. It's like brand new too, not like you would wanna buy a new 2014 Cherokee anyways....those things suck.
Heh... yeah, the new 2014 Cherocar's are pretty, well, squinty eyed. Not a fan, but they might be a great little SUV. Not my taste though.

I have learned a lot about Cherokee's along the way, not much I dont know now, or haven't read about them. Actually surprises me sometimes when people ask about stuff how much I remember. heh If I ever buy a new to me one, I already know what I would do different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionTJ View Post
Sweet XJ! Have a thread for the WK?
Not yet, but once I get my plans in order, then I will. At this point, it is a DD stocker with the exception of a new audio system and a roof basket. Once my nearly new small tires start to wear out, I will take the next steps. heh

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #33
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I installed my Genright license plate relocation kit, and moved it to the spare tire. I removed the old LED light I had set up for it when I had it set to one side. I also swapped out the KC lights that I never really ever used, for a set of Hella Driving lights that will see a lot more use likely.

The Genright license plate kit comes with an LED white light for the plate, and a set of 3 red LED's that work as the third brake light...very kool kit. Locked up with a padlock and all.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Your build
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #35
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Your build
Thanks Dude...

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #36
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Man, I have not updated this thread in a long time. Where to start?

I guess I will start with a list of recent mods and additions and will finish up with a few shots of my finished* trailer.

Lights. I recently got into the LED thing, and man, what a good choice that was. I have a friend who sells Seward Offroad and Marine Lights (Trailskinz.com), and so I picked up a few sets for the XJ and the WK. Low cost, high output, lifetime warranty.

On the WK

To run those lights, I picked up a Prime4x4 switch panel. I was never fully happy with the finish I used on the one I built, and this one was on sale cheap. Great quality and superb service. I recommend buying from this guy.

Also picked up a set of 4 of his rock lights to add to what I have now. So bright, and great mounting options.

I modded my Detours tire carrier to include a Gerry Can holder for 5 gal of fuel. Added a cross brace and an upright.

I had originally mounted it like this, but it hit the Milk Jug, so I had to re-orient it.

AS it looks now.

Had a buddy make me a custom set of removable mud flaps for towing the trailer(s). Work really well, but until I get the new leafs installed I cannot use them again.

Installed a Specter air intake. Noisy, but I really like it.

Finally used some of the Quick Fist grips and mounted my shovel.

I also picked up a few other odds and ends for the XJ Recently. Like all of the parts to re-lift it! 4.5" RE Coils, JCR ACOS adjustable coil spacers (coils and spacers 1 year old, paid $120.00 for all delivered), 4.5" RC Full Leaf Packs, Cobra CB and a 4' Fire Stick. I still have to order an adjustable track bar and bracket, probably the IRO Double Shear unit, and then some upper adjustable control arms.

Trailer has taken up most of my time, and energy this year, but it has come a LONG way. Here is a couple of teaser pics.

Full trailer build thread here on ExPo.

Stay tuned for more, lots of re-lifting to take place soon!
Greg

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 02-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #37
JEEPNON
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow this is a great thread and that trailer is nice. I have a question did you ever have rubbing on the fender flares with 31s and 3.75 bs? I'm about to buy new rims and I was just wondering if you would have went with more BS like 4" or even 4.5"? I haven't seen a lot of people go with 4.5"BS, I don't think it will rub the LCAs and I know it would help the tires stuff in the small wheel openings of untrimmed fenders, and would be less stress on front end components. Any advice?
JEEPNON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #38
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPNON View Post
Wow this is a great thread and that trailer is nice. I have a question did you ever have rubbing on the fender flares with 31s and 3.75 bs? I'm about to buy new rims and I was just wondering if you would have went with more BS like 4" or even 4.5"? I haven't seen a lot of people go with 4.5"BS, I don't think it will rub the LCAs and I know it would help the tires stuff in the small wheel openings of untrimmed fenders, and would be less stress on front end components. Any advice?
Hey there.

Short answer = yes. I need to be very careful, I have nearly torn off my flares once or twice (sounds awful). I also need to add some more bump stop up front. 3.75" is actually a bit too much if I were to be honest. 4-4.5" would be perfect. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone 4.5" and maybe 7" wide rims with the 31x10.5x15's. I have seen a few Jeeps with that setup and it looks great. Tucks the wheels in a bit more.

You should be OK on the LCA's at 4.5 depending on the tires and how gnarly the side biters (if any) are. Toyo MT for instance has HUGH sidewall tread, and would rub a lot more than an AT which has virtually none. You can always adjust the steering stops a bit to counter for those as well.

My opinion, mild lift, 4.5" BS, nice aggressive tires, and some tweaks and proper bump stops...unstoppable!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 03-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #39
VNilla
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just read through your whole thread. You have a stunning Jeep and a good eye for sensible upgrades. I'm sure you and your family have great times in this Jeep

By the way, that trailer and Jeep combo is just amazing

Breaking bolts and taking names.
VNilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #40
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man, I like it... was going to sell it but I cant bring myself to do it.

Lift going in soon, or I should say NEW lift. Cant wait to get it back on the trails!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #41
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking XJ! I have a couple of questions about the Specter air intake. Now after 3 months has it improved the power? How about fuel milage? I have been looking at them for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have both an Airraid and K & N filter but really like the cowl induction aspect.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #42
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Nice looking XJ! I have a couple of questions about the Specter air intake. Now after 3 months has it improved the power? How about fuel milage? I have been looking at them for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have both an Airraid and K & N filter but really like the cowl induction aspect.
Hey man, I actually installed it back in May last year. It has been great, filter element is still quite clean and working well.

Added power, hmmm... probably not much if anything? I was running a K&N drop in filter before, and don't really notice much of a difference from that. I also have a 62MM bored out TB and a high flow exhaust with some upgraded fuel injectors, so all of that together helps.

Fuel economy, not great. I did notice that it got a little better when I dropped the K&N in and did tune up work at the same time, but overall I would say it is about the same....not great.

I like the fact it is a bolt in unit, it works well and fits great and has a purpose. Overall it is a worthwhile investment if you don't want to go full Safari style (cost and complexity). Install was simple, and all in all I like it.

Noisy though, but it sounds pretty awesome at WOT.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #43
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cool, will probably end up doing it. Thanks!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #44
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Cool, will probably end up doing it. Thanks!
No worries...enjoy the growl of your intake!! Sounds awesome at WOT.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 04-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #45
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Finished installing the OEM front headrests in the rear seats of my 2000 Cherokee. My front seats were toast, seams coming apart...and the WJ rear seats is going to be a major PITA to install, so I did this instead for now.

Also installed a Sirius Sat radio.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.